Drive Sentry [merged thread]

Yeah and Also, It does not conflict with D+ at all! It’s like having 2 opinions

This thread should go to HIPS section (data firewal≈HIPS, data firewall≠personal firewall) :wink:

Zucht were is ganda when we need him ;D… I’ll move it then, I was waiting some time after Panic said it was a HIPS, but I was waiting for Ganda as he moved already half of the forums (:TNG)

Xan

!ot!
so Ganda is moving force of forum
Josh is “locksmith”
and you are corrector (:LGH)
!ot! ends

Yeah, and normally I should split this 8), but as I’m tired… I leave it like that, I don’t think it will do any damage…

Back to Drivesentry now, I like this software. More and more developers are going to whitelisting instead of the blacklisting first (:CLP). Haven’t tested it yet, but I’ll try later ;).

Xan

no!! what are you doing!? This is an anti virus.

wow, what a mysterious thing is this drivesentry ??? it is a firewall/antivirus/HIPS ???
maybe it’s an antivirus with whitelisting approach (:NRD) (i am so KEWL O0 )
maybe similar to CAVS 2 ???
i’ll give it a try :stuck_out_tongue:

are you sure? ??? … is ammee sure? ;D coz i plan to replace avast with this (coz the site looks cool :slight_smile: ) . but maybe i’ll switch off the HIPS part if there’s any option to do that.

edit:
installed! it’s now synchronizing to its advisor database. the installer only 1,7MB ???

you guys definitely have to try it! coz i’m definitely in love with katie (:LOV) :-* :-*

1. no conflict with current AV, (ouch i’ve removed avast :'()
    DriveSentry is currently compatible with the majority of third party AV products and will remain this way. This gives people the option to use DriveSentry as a standalone security solution or as an extra layer of defence alongside their existing security software.

2. similar to threatfire
    DriveSentry has similar technology to that of ThreatFire because we monitor how a process appears and what its intentions are. This heuristic/ behavioural technology kicks in if the program attempting to access your system is not within our white or blacklist. DriveSentry does not just monitor access to the drives although this is how the name portrays it! DriveSentry actually monitors memory and registry access too!

the site says it’s an AV.i removed avast, now if i wanna keep it, looks like i have to turn off Defense+ >:(

hmmmm, katie or kim? 88)

[attachment deleted by admin]

No fair! I calloed shotgun on Katie first!! (:AGY) (:LOV)

Hey Ganda! It should be ok, It’s compatible with D+.

I tested some times ago in a Virtual Machine:
-Nice idea, with white list and black list.
-I dom’t know if it’s compatible, but i think maybe it’s compatible, because this AV has not the same kind of HIPS.
-It’s light in system resources.
But:
-No shell extension, and then, you can “analize” a file, a folder,etc.
-Not recognized by security center.
For now, while i’m waiting CAVS 3 for testing, i prefer AVAST, CBOClean and HIPS by D+ of CPW.

when? i don’t see it anywhere?so… shotgun! :slight_smile:

hmm, really? is it your opinion or ammee’s opinion? ;D
ehm sorry, (:NRD) are you sure? well, so far i don’t have new app on my comp, so the only pop up message i got is from D Sentry.

and katie said:
This gives people the option to use DriveSentry as a standalone security solution or as an extra layer of defence alongside their existing security software.

even Threatfire only say that it’s 1 extra layer of protection, not to replace AV, but this DS seems confident enough. :-*

Are u fallen in love with KAtie? hahaha

I like this one better ;D :-*

Installing Drive Sentry on my test comp now :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Let’s keep more to the topic of Drive Sentry than the topic of women. :wink:

LA

I tested again. Its’ so good but i think you can use DS if you haven’t got any HIPS product, but i think with CFP and D+ is enough. Two HIPS products can have incompatibilities.
If you use CFP without HIPS, maybe you can do a try.
It’s quite light and no slow down the system.

im trying both(drivesentry-cfp d+ and no problems or slowdowns at all,workin good together,i like ds for the advisor community tool but i guess when threatcast goes into an updatable cfp(not beta,cant update) that will be similiar

If someone look at posts which are made by Ms.Katie (:LOV) from DriveSentry that someone (Ganda) will see that thread is not in “other anti-virus software” section of wilders, it is in “other anti-malware software” which suggest this is HIPS more than AV

it seems like a hips/behavior blocker with realtime and ondemand malware scanner

Then D+ and DS do the same job.

Let’s just leave it in this thread. :P0l

Well yeah the complete release of CIS will be firewall\threatcast\av\hips But how long will that take?.. <–not a question
So right now, Drive sentry(HIPS,AV,Advisor) + CPF.