Comodo's anti virus make my system freeze.........

ok thx

[at]Ronny
Comodo worked perfectly till the last Virus Database Update…since the Update i got those Freezes.
Using Windows 7 RC 64Bit, im using no other Protection Software just Windows Defender.

atm im using Comodo Internet Security (fresh installed) without Updatet Virus Database (downloaded CIS from the site and installed it, no updates were performed) and Windows is running fine without any freeze

Sys:
Intel C2Q 6600
MSI P43 Neo-F Board
4GB OCZ Platinum Ram
ATi Radeon 4850 512MB
Windows 7 RC 64Bit (German) Version 6.1 (Build 7100)

Virus Database is Version “1777”
Comodo Version is 3.10.102363.531
With this Virus Database i got no Problems.

when i update the Virus Database i got those crashes and also i cannot Scan my PC for Viruses, because Antivirus Crashes and i have to Reboot the System.
I cant even check for new Updates with the newest Databse because the Updated Crashes also.

sry for my bad English im from Germany

Nothing bad at all, I’m from Holland.

:-TU Good information ,this should help dev’s to isolate the problem better.
At least it’s 2 times a “Non English” language OS.

Hello guys i found a good news :smiley:

i just reinstall the CIS and then go to update , the first times defin. is 1777 and it’s recommend me to reboot , ok after reboot the CIS main page still say i never update , so i do not do anythings just let it auto update , about few mins later i check the defin. are updated to 1785 and i still can running my pc , so that i just try to reboot and see the problems is still there or not , finnally it’s fixed :-TU no freeze or hang now ;D so i recommend peoples try to update to 1785 see the problems fixed or not , thanks for everyone.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tried it also on my Laptop.
With the newest Database im not be able to Scan PC for Viruses, cause the Scanner crashes.When i try to Scan the PC again Comodo tells me that already an operation is performing and i have to wait till its done (but nothing is happening) so i have to Reboot.
After a few Minutes the Laptop becomes laggy and when i try to start (for example) Firefox the whole Laptop freezes…the only thing i can do is open the TaskManager, there i have to Kill the Comodo Service and booom the Laptop is running fine again ;D

All just with the newest Database, with Database 1777 there is no Problem

Same OS, Windows 7 RC 64Bit
AMD Turion X2
3GB Ram
ATi Mobile Radeon

And the other PC (Windows XP 32Bit)
is running fine with the newsest Databse, but the newsest Database is 1776??
And on 64Bit Systems is there a newer Database?, because Comodo tells me that the Virus Database is not up2date in my Windows 7 Machine, but on the Windows XP Machine the Databse is Up2Date but Version 1776?, so there must be different Databases for 32Bit and 64Bit systems?

//EDIT
Thx bb1614, i will try it ;D ;D

Hm, I had this issue too after the last update, completely locked my system so had to boot into safemode and remove the AV component just to be able to bootup successfully.

Its odd because prior to the update its ran perfectly.

Reinstalled the antivirus and now it either locks the system up on an attempted virus scan, or the scanner stops responding, can be force closed then refuses to scan again (scanner is busy error).

This is on windows 7 RC (x64)

Virus database version is 1785
Comodo language is English (US)

OS language is English (UK)

Can you please report the current AV database on your system ?
And the OS language ?

Also some good News here (hopefully)

With the new 1785 Database Windows 7 is working fine again.
Tried several Scans without Freeze or Crash, everything runs smoothly.

Hope the Bug is gone ;D ;D
Thx to the Comodo Devs for the great Job
Now im thinking again to buy Comodo Pro ;D

to->Daroh
have you tried to reinstall the whole CIS?

Indeed I have, that was my first solution to the problem, its actually happened twice, first time I completely uninstalled comodo, second time I only removed the AV component to see if that’s what was causing the problem.

Still freeze for me.

Vista 64 Ultimate German with last patches with english language pack
Antivirus disabled and everythings normal.

CIS 3.10.102363.531
Pattern 1786

When I set it back to statefull the system freezes

Hi guy’s,

I’ve been having the exact same issues for the last couple of days and, I believe
unless it’s coincidental, that at some point during the last week my AV database file got corrupted.

I tried disabling and re enabling and uninstalling and reinstalling the AV component of CIS.

This is time sensitive info, since they are updating so frequently.

AV db 1786 size in folder C:\Program files\Comodo\Comodo internet security\scanners\bases.cav 103,801 KB

Mine was off by several hundred KB when I was experiencing the trouble.

So to fix it if based on current info when you check yours is off.

Boot Windows into Safe Mode Log on as Admin.

Go to C:\Program files\Comodo\Comodo internet security\scanners and rename the file bases.cav

to oldbases.cav

Then go into the folder C:\Program files\Comodo\Comodo internet security\repair and copy the file
bases.cav from there to the scanners folder.

Then close up your windows and reboot, go through the long fresh db update download 105 MB when I just did it.

Then reboot.
Your machine should be back to it’s fast and sweet self.
Unless of course yours is a different issue :wink:

PS: the renaming rather than deleting the bases.cav is just an old safety habit.
Please go back to C:\Program files\Comodo\Comodo internet security\scanners and it is safe to delete the file named oldbases.cav now that your hopefully straightened out.

Later

Ahh, that seems to have done the trick.

So the problem lies on the updater somehow corrupting the download on x64 systems perhaps?

The renamed bases file is 103,886kb whereas the new one (after updates) is 85 kb less.

Bad Frogger,
I’ll give this a try when I get home from work. Thanks!

I’m now on 1787 definitions and AV is running as Stateful and all is good.

Thanks!

You did not use the \repair option did you ?

Nope, I disabled the AV scanner from Safe Mode. Rebooted into “Normal” mode for Vista, clicked the link to update virus signatures, turn the AV scanner to Stateful, then I reboot for good measure and everything seems fine.

Well hope that fixes it for the other users also…

Oh yes it was Win 7 x64

Where I had the Problems.

So I see a definite commonality going there. Vista/Win7 x64

Bad

XP 64 has also been reported

Nothing on x32 though eh?

x64 systems and some update or daisy correction maybe, Saturday was when I first noticed problems with a frozen scheduled scan.