COMODO Time Machine 2.0.112674.133 BETA Released!

CTM by default protect all partitions on all hard drives, but I need only C or system drive to be protected. How to do this.
Thanx. Great product.

Hi, I’m not sure, but can’t you change this in: CTM → advanced → settings → protection settings ?

if not, please add it to the wishlist

eXPerience

My two cents: I’ve never had an issue with defraging of the RB (or the clones) since their built in defrager seems to work fine. On the occasion that I uninstalled it and defraged, I discovered that JK took about 1/10 as long as it normally would so I assumed conventional defraging probably wasn’t necessary. Having said that, the one issue that is always a concern and topic (often without a definite answer) on forums is whether a conventional image and eventual restoration of that image can be taken/launched while instant restore software is installed and MBR relative to this issue. So while this is being developed, if at all technically possible, build in some mechanism that allows backup, boot and restore with conventional image backup software, even if it’s some temporary disabling setting while a backup image is in progress. Thank you, keep up the great work and good luck!

Thanks alot Comodo, i will test it now :-TU

I am testing this on Win7 x64

It is going to be purely optional.

Will it be any damage even if the 2nd OS do not have write access on the 1st OS partition?

Would potentially cause issues to access the protected partition using XP install-cd recovery console to write some new files or restore the mbr and bootsector?

This software is very very good no doubt. Being free is just unbelievable too.

I have just one comment at the moment. Was it necessaruy and justified to rip off GUI wordings, teminology and sentences and many of GUI,s componenets from Ayrecovery/ Eaz-Fix etc. It looks so cheapish and immoral. I wonder how mush mentall work is needed to create a new GUI, wording,s terminology and sentences when you people have already codeed such a difficult and unique software. I feel not good at all on this. I hope you people will change it as soon as possible. :-TD :-TD :-TD

[attachment deleted by admin]

no you cant,i already added it as it needs to be in there in.

Now I somewhat understand what was the deal with Google Patents World’s Simplest Home Page.

It’s was moral ;D

Ok you made your comment now i hope you will leave this thread to our own BETA testers who are interested in BETA testing.

You should make this comment to your other company who bundles someone elses antivirus engine and SELLS it as his own…

I am afraid it is not possible right now. The upcoming versions will allow this selection during the instalaltion.

You are assuming that there is no connection with ayrecovery and comodo. We know exactly what we are doing and we are within our legal remit to do so. Hope this clarifies this issue.

Melih

You should make this comment to your other company who bundles someone elses antivirus engine and SELLS it as his own...

I admire what Comodo does with it’s free-security software but that is the wrong way to answer and/or welcome anyone to this place. Aigle most likely did not have all the facts that you or Comodo have about this software and how it was coded. Why the angst towards him? He had a legit question that anyone would have made, including my self.

Melih, Thank you for clarifying. It makes perfect sense now.

Regards,

Nikolai

Now, as you all know my goal has been to provide you with

Prevention
Detection
Cure

with Comodo Backup, Comodo Online Backup and now Comodo Time Machine I think the Cure aspect of our Security layer is getting into a good shape. Prevention, we are pretty much up there at top (and will continue make it better and less popup with every release)… And detection…(not that you need it with CTM but…) …wait and see…Uncle Melih is cooking some nice stuff for us all :wink:

Melih

Btw Aigle

Ubuntu and Redhat might use the same linux engine…but there 2 different products…

Same goes for CTM and Ayrecovery… CTM’s engine is a much improved version with many bugs fixed and new feature like 4 HD support included (wheras ayrecover only has 1 HD support). And with Comodo’s Research and Development muscle behind it I am sure CTM will go places. :wink:

does CTM have a built in defragger like Rollback Rx?

yes…
and unlike Rollback Rx, CTM can handle 4 Hard disks and has gone thru extensive bug fixing. And now has Comodo’s research and development resources behind CTM to continually improve it.

So whatever you wish…start posting it in the wishlist!

Melih

Hi Melih! I am sorry for my commnets as I never guessed that there is some partnership between you and AYRecovery. I just guessed it after I installed CTM in a VM. Later I saw your post.

I would not have commented so if I know it before.