COMODO Time Machine 2.0.112674.133 BETA Released!

Actually I did not say anything bad about the software itself. Infact I did like CMT. I was just surprised to see the very similar GUI while I thought the code underlying the GUI was a totally new code by Comodo. If I knew that they have some partnership/ agreement with AYRecovery, I would not have been surprised at all.

I am using EAZ-FIX since long on my XP machine and really love it( so is the Comodo Time Machine).

Hi, I am sorry but I never knew that there is some partnership. Even your reply doesn,t explain any thing about this. I made such a comment as I thought CMT is a brand new product.

BTW I have no affiliation with any company except liking for some software and CIS is one of them too. Now add CTM in it as well. My comment was due to this concern, if you can understand.

Aigle, no harm done…

one question if i may, can u pls confirm if EAZ-FIX can do multiple Hard Disks or not?

thanks
Melih

Obviously, EAZ-FIX only can protect one HD, at least for now.

I have Eaz-Fix installed in my XP notebook but I have a single HardDisk. Ok, I will try it in a VM and will let you know.

Take care

Melih

eaz fix version 9 and roolback RX ver 9 CANT handle more than 1 HD , been using them for years (and still does).
good to know CTM can handle more than 1 drive , its for sure a great progress over eazfix/rollback RX who said too many times since ver8 they will add support for more than 1 HD (and didnt (:AGY) )

good work comodo team !!
:comodorocks:

Unfortunately I am unable to test this on my VM at the moment.

Ok, thanks for confirming :). Unfortunately, all my systems are dual boot with some version of Linux installed so I’ll have to skip this one for the time being :'(.

:slight_smile:

EDIT: Could CTM be tested in VirtualBox or should it be tested in a real environment?

I was a fervent user of Diskshield, which I used as a replacement for DeepFreeze and MS SteadyState. When Diskshield stopped being developed, Time Machine was to be the replacement. I have installed TM in a VM W7 Home Basic and it runs fine.

It seems however that the DeepFreeze functionality has been lost. I am looking at being able to revert back to a particular snapshot at each reboot automatically, keeping only virus definition updates.

I can’t seem to find a setting to perform this funtion. Am I missing something or has this DeepFreeze funtion been taken out?

Love the product though
(:CLP)
Cheers

Please tell us which functionality you want added and also tell us all the bugs you find. Comodo’s development team is behind this product, who will work extra hard to make it all happen for you guys!

Please report all the bugs you have and watch them disappear…

Please report all your wishes…and watch them come true (not all and not instantly…but u get what i mean :slight_smile: )

cheers

Melih

Melih, I think that I have found what I was looking for. By scheduling a restore at startup, I can get the system to the state I want.

There is an option to synchronize files after restore which will allow me to keep things like bases.cav. Could the function to synch registry keys also be added?

Also synch Windows Updates after restore would be great. I am not sure how TM would recognize what files and registry keys have been updated/changed/replaced by the Windows Updates process as opposed to by anything else going on in the PC, but it would be wonderful.

Cheers

Besides the hudreds of bug-fixes, another difference is the performance. CTM has been modified significantly and it has very high disk performance compared to others.

Thanks for your good idea.
We will think on this feature.

Doskey.

and this is the MOST important thing when come to software like rollback RX and now CTM.
if the software make pc to much slow coz the virtual mechanism it is bad !
as fast as the disk performance it is , the better is the software(snaps space takenis less count for me) :smiley:
cheers and 10x again

You can do it. Schedule to revert to a specific snapshot on each reboot.

But wouldn’t that also revert the AV database to what it was in the snapshot?

Not if you excluded the file.

Aigle, thanks for your help: I have tried the schedule restore at boot and it works a treat.

OmletGuy, by excluding the file, what exactly do you mean? I have tried under User Settings, to “synchronize these files or folders when restoring to another snapshot” but it fails.

Maybe there should be a context menu at folder and file level that enables the user to exclude from snapshot.

Cheers

Sorry - But I have to repeat again. This is just a great program!
CTM is perfect for me. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks Melih and Comodo team.