COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 53 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please see this topic
  • Any other Additional Information;

Hi

I have 2.2 Build 5 on my pc and now I will install CSC 3 Build 53 over the 2.2 Build 5
I use the German version

But as I get 2 error messages

[attachment deleted by admin]

I don’t know whether this is to be given in bug report or just as a feedback.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); - XP SP3 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS suite only
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

So far good. Most of the earlier problems like more than 2000 errors! seems to have been eliminated. I have some small points to raise though.

1. The ‘agreement’ which I was supposed to accept at the time of installation does not state anything about CSC. All registry cleaners have big ‘use at your own risk and Comodo is not responsible’ kind of wordings. But, this EULA only mentions about CIS and Geekbuddy and expect the user to “you promptly pay all license fees when due, etc.”. I think an EULA specific to CSC or combined for all comodo products, specifically mentioning CSC would have been better.

2. CSC connects to Comodo servers every time to catch ‘new highlights’. Okay, but there should be an option to disable it. It’s not a complaint, since you can inform users about this feature, it is okay… it’s just a suggestion.

3. While registry cleaner should have ‘backup’ ‘system restore’ and ‘use registry protection’ as DEFAULT, Privacy cleaner should not have backup as ‘default’ and let the user decide what he wants to do with that selection.

4. The ‘shred drive’ shows ‘permanently remove files and folders from partitions’ but inside it seems to actually clear the ‘unused disk space’ (I could see a remove partition data for D drive though). ‘Unused disk space’ is a very good feature and many people might be using it, but it is wise to keep it just as ‘remove unused disk space’ as a mistake in selection could be catastrophic. I think some people in the past had clicked ‘disk 0’ and lost their data and partition, though they were trying to wipe ‘unused disk space’.

5. It seems that ‘Active Clean’ cleans items under ‘privacy cleaner’ even though it is ‘unticked’ for cleaning by Active Clean. I had created a new profile for ‘privacy cleaner’ and the issues selected were getting reduced within minutes, first it was 54 and after 1-2 minutes it reduced to ‘14’, though active clean was asked not to clear ‘privacy cleaner’ items.

6. Another thing I noticed was that with ‘active clean’ ON my profile created for ‘privacy cleaner’ lost all the selections i.e. for new profile the entire items were unticked after 1-2 minutes. I put the Active Clean OFF and now it the new profile retains its selections (I can’t confirm this incident as clearly due to active clean though).

Any way, these are items I have observed. But, so far the new version seems to be pretty good in its work with active clean off.

here is the bug report. I hope this is enough.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): Win7 pro 32bit (x86)

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5/2011 32bit (x86)

• How you produced the problem; Maybe through installing CSC 3.0 build 53 while CSC 3.0 build 37 installed and running (active clean is turned off).

• How you tried to resolve the problem; by letting it be. I will uninstall it and install CSC 3.0 build 53 again

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); look at the attached files.

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; It has never happened

• All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; I will show my settings

• Any other Additional Information; cleaner_validator.exe (2028) is always uses 50% during very small periods (is that normal?). When CSC 3.0 build 53 came out I installed it while I had the previous CSC 3.0 build 37 running.

I hope this will help.

Hello,

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); See Signature
  • Security Software Installed; See Signature
  • How you produced the problem; See Below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Nope
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a
  • Any other Additional Information; See Below

Installation went fine. I had a lot of trouble with build 37. I created personal profiles for all 3 cleaners. I find that trying to add Filter Entries to Disk Cleaner is really frustrating. I finally got them entered, CSC did a system scan and added my entries. After closing CSC and reopening, my Filter Entries were gone! I entered them several times with the same result. I also noticed that my personal profiles didn’t show sometimes (this behavior came and went). Also, my personal profiles didn’t always retain my settings. I had to always double check to see if my choices remained. Since I couldn’t get the settings to stick permanently, I didn’t go any further. I was afraid to run the program for fear of system damage. I’m now back to v2.2 (which works flawlessly, except it wipes out my Disk Cleaner Filter Entries when updated). What’s up with these Filter Entries? ???

after I have installed this version I have seen that CSC is on 50% each time run a new program. I am talking about the cleaner_validator.exe

The CSC 3.0 build 37 was better, at least for me.

Hello

You still need info from me
Will my problem fixed in next update

I have 1 pc and 1 Folder with Bug Logs in it

- Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
Vista x64 SP2
- Security Software Installed;
Comodo Internet Security v5
- How you produced the problem;
Installed CSC build 57 and tried to update windows experience score
- How you tried to resolve the problem;
Reinstalling CSC
- Screen-shots with the error (if any);
Attached
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
N/A
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
All logs appear blanks
- Any other Additional Information;
To reproduce, literally once the installer has completed for CSC, try and update your windows experience score will produce error message.

Have the same problem on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

No problem here Windows 7 32 bit, might be a 64 bit bug.

Hi,
Just tried to install System Cleaner 3.0 build.
Defense+ insisted on running the install pgm in the Sandbox.
“CSC_3.0.172695.53_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7”
I first tried Limited, no install.
Then I tried Partially Limited, seemed to install right up to the request window for my email address which I provided, and clicked on next.
Things ground to a halt, the install seemed to freeze, I then got the windows program not responding/endit now window, and shut the install down.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
William

XP Pro SP3
Chrome
Sandboxie
Latest Comodo Firewall and Antivirus software installed yesterday + full virus scan

Hello,

CSC cannot run inside a sandbox because it uses drivers and a service, and the sandbox cannot run this.

Further to my previous bug report, I would like to inform that Action clean now works okay. It does not delete the privacy cleaner items automatically. Also, the new profile (as default) created under privacy cleaner does not get ‘unticked’ automatically, though there is a time lag in displaying the items under ‘new default’ i.e. it is displayed 30 seconds after the items in other profiles (created by CSC) are displayed. Any way that is not a problem for me.

Today the dreaded False Positives of CSC privacy cleaner has returned. Now I have almost 3400 ‘junk files’ in my computer, pertaining to IE cache, whereas IE is rarely used by me (I use firefox). Again, this is after cleaning the junk with Ccleaner. This happened in the evening, while in my morning scanning with CSC I had a total of 200 junk files (those were not FPs) and of course cleaned with CSC in the morning.

32 bit XPSP3
CIS only Security suite

- Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit);
Windows 7 Ultimate 32x
- Security Software Installed;
CIS Avira w/guard disabled
- How you produced the problem;
1) I tried to do a complete clean and turned on "active clean" 2) Under "privacy" section, There were entries still not removed, I tried to do it manually and it says it's clean. But a second or two later, the entries came back (so basicly it didn't clean it)
- How you tried to resolve the problem;
I tried it manually and then created a customised profile. Didn't work
- Screen-shots with the error (if any);
N/A
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
There was no crash, but I forced windows to create a memory dump :) Here's the link to the dump below http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LPTTEEZE
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
- Any other Additional Information;
For some reason, it doesn't seem to clean Internet Explorer (I'm using using a beta version of Internet explorer 9, which maybe the reason why) That's all I can think of

Have the same problem on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

If I want to run Firefox ( 3.6.1.3 or 4.0 Beta 8 ) in the Sandboxie Sandbox the cfrmd.sys causes a BSoD.
No problems with IE and Google Chrome.

CSC: 3.0.172695.53
Sandboxie: 3.50 64-bit
NOD32: 4.2.67.10
Comodo Firewall: 5.3.174622.1216

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit):
Windows Vista Home Basic with Service Pack 2 (32 bit)

Security Software Installed:
-Comodo Internet Security Pro
-Comodo TrustConnect
-Windows Defender
-Spyware Blaster
-CCleaner

How you produced the problem:

1) Crashes
CSC crashes when clicking certain options under certain conditions. One I’ve been able to reproduce is moving from the Disk Cleaner with my custom profile expanded to the Privacy Cleaner. Windows then brings up an error about the program having stopped working and CSC closes, but other programs aren’t affected. Here’s the Problem Report from Windows:

Product Comodo System Cleaner

Problem
Stopped working

Date
11/01/2011 10:06 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CSC.exe
Application Version: 3.0.41623.53
Application Timestamp: 4d00c618
Fault Module Name: CSC.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.41623.53
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d00c618
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001aaf7
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

2) Exporting profiles bug
When exporting a custom profile a “save as” box appears, but after typing a filename and saving the profile a blank “save as” box pops up again.

How you tried to resolve the problem:
I’ve done a clean install.

All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled:
There are no logs.

I merged your topic with the bug reporting topic. Please check the requirements for a proper report at the first page.

Windows 7 Pro x64
CSC_3.0.172695.53_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7
Comodo Internet Security
Running the build in Windows Experience Index
I followed Microsoft troubleshooting directions and ran parts of the WinSat disk tests to figure out what was going on.
The one that triggers the error is

winsat disk -seq -read -drive c

Error text:

Error: Failed to properly assess the disk.
Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Stopping the CSC service did not solve the issue, so I uninstalled the program and now winsat can do a full disk test again without any errors.

Pretty bad that a cleaning utility hogs up I/O like that, almost like getting a Virus :stuck_out_tongue: