COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 53 BUG REPORTS

Hi

Ran CSC 3.0.172695.53 this morning and reported -3 issues when I ran “Privacy Cleaner” using “Normal Clean” (see screenshot).

:slight_smile:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP Pro SP3 (32-bit)
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.3.175888.1227
  • How you produced the problem; Ran “Normal Clean” under both “Registry Cleaner” and then “Privacy Cleaner”
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Screenshot attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a
  • Any other Additional Information; n/a

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win XP SP2 64 bit,
    administrator account.

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5.3.176757.1236(Proactive security,defense + safe mode,
    firewall custom policy,av stateful,sandbox disabled.
    Malwarebytes 1.50.1.1100(free version).

• How you produced the problem; Under privacy cleaner use any cleaning function
    (basic,normal,aggressive,and custom profile) to clean and CSC crashes.

• How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a

• All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;n/a

• Any other Additional Information; Event viewer log :
    Faulting application csc.exe, version 3.0.41623.53, faulting module utilsdll.dll, version 0.0.0.0,
    fault address 0x0000000000047e08.
    I used updater or installer rule for installing CSC 3.0.172695.53.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); 64 bit and experience on 32 bit windows 7 pro
  • Security Software Installed; cis 5.3
  • How you produced the problem; made a custom profile for disk cleaner. i checked the recycle bin box and made that profile default and when csc is ran the recycle bin is not emptied
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; remaking the profile
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); 64 bit windows 7 home

• Security Software Installed; cis 5.3

• How you produced the problem;recycle bin is not emptied during disk clean and privacy clean

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); recycle bin option is not shown see screen shot

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); 64 bit windows 7 Home Premium

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5.3

Disk Cleaner.

1. When adding filter entries i’m asked for an “insert value”. Can’t finsd anything on this in the help pages.
  2. I do not have an “ignore list” option.

c

Would love to have the ability to select which cookies I would like to keep, aka ccleaner.

Ok, thanks.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  • Security Software Installed: CIS, updated
  • How you produced the problem: I have a program monitoring system resources and at least once a day pops an alert of “too many win32 handles”. Over 150 thousand… and counting…
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: yes, stopping and restarting the COMODO SYSTEM CLEANER SERVICE
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); none
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; none
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; no
  • Any other Additional Information

CSC Active Clean/Privacy Clean Prevents Google Chrome From Installing

1. Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit.

1. Security Software Installed;

Comodo Internet Secuirty Premium 5.3, Windows Defender, AVG LinkScanner, Norton DNS Utility, Peer Block, Secunia PSI, and

Comodo System Cleaner 3.0.172695.53.

1. How you produced the problem;

When ever CSC Active Clean/Privacy Clean is enabled Google Chrome’s web and offline installer can not install and I keep getting an Error 0x80070002 message.

1. How you tried to resolve the problem;

I have tried a few different settings in CSC, but only Disabling Active Clean/Privacy Clean seems to stop the problem.

1. Screen-shots with the error (if any);

Yes.

1. Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;

None.

1. All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;

All logs empty.

1. Any other Additional Information;

Log Name: Application
Source: Google Update
Date: 2/20/2011 2:35:06 PM
Event ID: 12
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: John-PC\John
Computer: John-PC
Description:
The description for Event ID 12 from source Google Update cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not

installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local

computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Application install.
pid=3284, ver=1.2.183.39, lang=en, machine=0, extern=1
App={8A69D345-D564-463C-AFF1-A69D9E530F96}, Ver=,

PrevVer=, Status=0x00000007

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
John-PC

Application install.
pid=3284, ver=1.2.183.39, lang=en, machine=0, extern=1
App={8A69D345-D564-463C-AFF1-A69D9E530F96},

Ver=, PrevVer=, Status=0x00000007

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); windows 7 pro 32
  • Security Software Installed; comodo firewall
  • How you produced the problem; i was trying to run windows update but clean_validator is taking 50% of my cpu so i have to kill it
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; kill process
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); task manager

Windows 7. Windows experience index will not complete due to an error reporting disk parameter not correct. Running winsat reveals the same. apparently there is an I/O overlapping operations.
Uninstalling Comodo System cleaner fixes the problem, so it seems that there is a bug with Comodo.
Anyone else have the same problem?

“The windows experience index for your system could not be computed. Could not measure storage performance. Error: failed to properly assess the disc. The parameter is incorrect”

EDIT
Comodo Technical Support have confirmed this as a problem. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future version. As a work around, you could uninstall CSC, update the windows experience index, then reinstall csc. It will not matter that the WEI no longer functions, unless you have say changed some hardware and want to re-measure the WEI. But Windows Aero will not run if WEI has not been run once. Searching the net shows the issue is widespread, so possibly other programs apart from CSC have the same issue.

Yes, I confirm this problem.

Hi

• My Operating System (Windows 7 - 64bit);
  • Security Software Installed (Comodo CIS)
  • How you produced the problem (Comodo CSC - Switched on Active Clean)
  • How you tried to resolve the problem (Comodo CSC - Switched off Active Clean)
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);

I have recently upgrade my PC hardware and installed Comodo CIS CSC and CB, which I also had on my XP Pro system.
I found a problem. If I installed a shortcut on the desktop it disappeared when the PC was restarted. This only affected shortcuts installed whilst Active Clean was on. After trying various things without success I remembered that the problem started after I switched on Active Clean in CSC. After turning off Active Clean the problem disappeared.

Thank you

@philjaydee.

I merged your topic with the bug report topic. Can you edit it according to the bug report requirements? The requirements can be found in the first post of this topic.

At devs and QA.

I merged this topic by goodjohnjr in this topic. Because it was posted a couple of weeks ago it is not the last post and may therefor be overlooked without notification.

I had this problem when I had Active Clean’s Disk Cleaner (or whatever it is called) set to Advanced or its highest settings, but when set to Basic (or whatever it is called) I did not have this problem. :wink:

• My Operating SystemS (Windows XP Pro & Home - 32bit);
  • Security Software Installed (Comodo CIS on all)
  • How you produced the problem (Install Comodo CSC, Active Clean Off)
  • How you tried to resolve the problem (Uninstalling Comodo CSC solves the problem)
  • Screen-shots with the error (N/A)
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (N/A)
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled (N/A)
  • Any other Additional Information:

I have experienced this problem on 3 different Windows XP, 32 bit systems. Two are XP Home, and one is XP Pro. The conclusion is that CSC has a Handle leak.

This is the install used on all 3 systems:
ComodoSystemCleaner_3.0.172695.53_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7.exe

Install CSC. Check for updates. Turn off Active Clean. At some point during the day Windows runs out of resources on an otherwise previously stable system. Reviewing Windows Task Manager one finds that CSC is running (even though Active Clean is turned off) and the Handles number just goes up and up and up. On a system that otherwise has about 12500 handles open for typical operation of all programs and system combined, CSC is seen to have 36700 Handles and climbing until the resources are so over-utilitzed that everything just ceases working and user control is typically lost. Rebooting the system temporarily solves the problem as it takes time for CSC to gobble up all resources.

Uninstalling CSC restored all 3 XP systems to their previously stable states with a normal number of handles.

-Kyle

3/24/2011 Update - In the 7 days since I uninstalled CSC from these 3 machines, I have not had a single problem on any of them. They have returned to being perfectly stable.

Hi

I have post the same bug in this thread

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-csc/comodo-systemcleaner-31-build-14-beta-bug-reports-t70402.0.html

Initial post-installation CSC scan seems to hang at same level for a long time finally completing or crashing, not sure which (windows disappears). It consumes large amounts of GDI objects. Windows GUI eventually freezes with few desktop GUI objects and no GUI text showing. Event log for other programs show ‘out of system resources’ errors.

Re-running CSV after reboot and changing to registry window results in the window scan option lines showing ‘loading’ for over 10 mins. During this period number of GDI objects consumed increases from c400 to c2250. Other apps started to misbehave, so I rebooted.

• My Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2 - 32bit
  • Security Software Installed: Comodo CIS, proactive config, otherwise default sitttings
  • How you produced the problem: Install Comodo CSC, let initial scan run, Active Clean Off
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: (N/A)
  • Screen-shots with the error (N/A)
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (N/A)
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled (N/A)
  • Any other Additional Information: Please find appended Hijack this scan

Hello,

Thank you for your post.
Could you tell me what executable had the high GDI usage, CSC.exe or Updater.exe?

Thank you.

I think it was the main system executable CSC.exe but I’m not sure could have been cleaner_validator.exe Since then I have had even worse problems with Cleaner_Validator.exe, which at one point was holiding 155,231 file handles! The updater was open at this time, and CIS was running a scheduled virus scan. Maybe there is some form of interaction?