COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 53 BUG REPORTS

What gives? All entries reported ZERO error. And I have selected all entries.

Latest build (53)

I merged your post with the bug report topic. Can you add the required information to your post? It is in the topic start.

OS is Windows 7 x64.

It happens after doing an in depth cleaning and after it was done it was showing -21 error number.
This makes cleaning new error a bit troublesome since -21 will be added to whatever actual error number.

• Your Operating System: Windows XP 32 bit Media Center Dutch
  • Security Software Installed: Comodo Internet Security
  • How you produced the problem: Suddenly my system hangs; can not read text anymore; can not start applications; taskmanager won’t start; can not uninstall CLEAN_VALIDATOR.EXE from memory; no internet connection
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: Uninstall the application
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): none
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: tried to send, but even the internet-connection failed !!
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: none
  • Any other Additional Information;

I had installed and uninstalled the application a few times, but it doesn’t work right!

I have an other computer with Windows XP Home and it seems to work fine together with Comodo Security together (without option automatic cleaning off course)

Good Morning! I just wanted to let you know of problem with system cleaner. Can you direct to your developers?

Problem with Comodo System-Cleaner and Windows 7 Utilmate 64 bit - System Image Backup.
I have for the last year + ran system image backup of my primary drive and then restore to 2 aux Hard Drive. I re-installed system cleaner on about 7/19/2011.
Yesterday I ran Win 7 system Backup 4 times and had problems placing a working retore to my 2 aux HD. I could boot in under safe mode, but under normal mode kept getting the BLUE Screen.
I noticed file CFRMD.SYS a comodo file kept showing on blue screen. I started my primary Drive windows and searched for this file, which was under system 32. Under properties it showed previous file as CFRPD.SYS a Comodo file. This file was also under system 32.

I removed System Cleaner and searched for the 2 above files which where now gone. Ran a new system image backup, and was able then to restore to my 2 aux HD and boot in normally.

I just thought you should be made aware of this problem.

Feel free to contact me David C. Harris

• Your Operating System: Win 7 x64
  • Security Software Installed: Comodo Internet Security 5.8
  • How you produced the problem: see below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: tried turning active clean off ended up uninstalling the application.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): none
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: none
  • Any other Additional Information;

I had CSC_3.0.172695.53 active clean on. The issue that I was having is when ever I would try to install a program that placed files in the TEMP folder they were being deleted as soon as they were created. I first thought I had some kind of malware causing the issue but with scans with CIS, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, and Hitman Pro turned up nothing so I decided to check other applications. I disabled active clean and rebooted the machine when it came back up I tried installing the software and same issue, upon looking at CSC active clean was on again so I uninstalled it rebooted and was able to successfully install the application. I have 3 pcs in my home so I decided I would test the theory that CSC was the issue the same thing happened on all 3 machines.

Not sure if this was posted already but thought you might want to know.

~Dan

I’m using CSC 3.0.172695.53
windows 7 64-bit, microsoft security essential + comodo firewall

CSC is just keep loading for more than 4 hours !!!. Although many times I see CSC downloading definition (by pop up). But it seems can’t be used. I think it’s because it need long time to search the junk. But it seems not normal if it keeps like that for 4 hours. It compared with many freeware out there with searching just couple of minutes. CSC search capability + database can’t be longer than 4 hours long just for finding junk.

Hello,

This issue will be fixed in the next releases.

Thank you for your support.