Comodo not in AVC's August On-Demand tests

Begemot, it seems you are forgetting what is being said in this topic… that’s what happens when you allow yourself to overheat. So, I urgently suggest to come down.

I’m quite happy to do so, if you uphold your forums rules and regulations with respect to this thread, and remove all offtopic and personal attacks.

In your quote, Melih says he is in touch with avc - this is in fact not the answer to the question I asked or the thread topic - my question was about status of current talks, and confirmation of participation (not whether Comodo is talking to avc, which we all know they are).

I do hope you realise that’s why I find the answer quoted in his post as inadequate, and thus me asking further questions is not trolling, thread disruption, or anything else of that sort.

If he currently can’t tell us when CIS will be tested, or can’t because of Non Disclosure Acts, it would be nice to be able to hear this from him personally (or anyone else who knows exactly what is going on).

These are confidential talks between two companies…comodo and avc…

i hope you can respect that.

thanks
Melih

Thank you, after all my questions, we finally get a straight, on-topic answer. I assume you aren’t planning to release the status of the talks?

Once again, thanks for your on-topic answer - this is exactly the question posted in the first post of this topic.

And was answered at the first page of this topic as I stated in the above.

I will get back to you on it.

Thanks
-umesh

So why did he promise something he was never sure to happen.? I remember very well the promise that Melih gave more than 2 months ago that Comodo will be tested in the nearest AV-C test.

I already got used to the idea that comodo won’t be tested in the near future, till Melih is sure it scores really high.

Please re-read - no one stated that the talks were confidential until Melih did it on page 3. nothing of this sort on page 1.

I think it is a good business practice to not talk about running negotiations until all talks have succeeded in an agreement about testing and when results can be expected.

comodo will be test in the next test ?

I agree. But I’m not a mind reader (and neither are most of the users of this forum), and I didn’t know whether that is what Comodo would be doing (not disclosing details about ongoing negotiations), right until the bottom of the third page.

The amount of comments not on the topic of the status of Comodo in AVC’s On-Demand tests before this answer is simply staggering, as is the lack of proper moderation (according to this forum’s rules). It should not take so many offtopic posts just to answer a simple, well-worded question.

Cheers,

As to moderation. I stepped in immediately after I saw 9 notification e mails for reported posts pointing to this topic that had come in within a period of 20 minutes. That was after I showered and fixed my breakfast.

Melih has a valid point when he tries to persuade people to think outside the “detection=security” box. Using a HIPS based firewall requires a paradigm shift (mind switch) when it comes to thinking about security.

It’ s right, but for the people the detection in very important…

That’s exactly the tension of the two different mindsets colliding.

To see what the protection of CIS is about watch the Comodo Internet Security v5 vs Norton Internet Security reviews by Languy: CIS vs NIS challenge.

Staying resolutely on topic, AV-C will not comment on whether or not CIS was included in the testing. They say only that whether or not a product is included in the published results, is up to the vendor.

Unless I have missed it, Melih has not said here that CIS was not included in the AV-C testing.
In the absence of straight answers, each of us will draw his or her our own conclusion.

I would say that it is “also” very important. So, the avc tests.
And Melih said (elsewhere) the detection is useful for usability and to keep low number of Defense+ alerts.

I understand Comodo’s paradigm pretty well otherwise I would never touch Comodo, but if Comodo wants to market itself and really fight big boys on their turf they don’t need to preach a new religion to pagans but make users trust Comodo.
As a suite it’s really great, I can’t argue, but I can have even better results by combining Comodo firewall and D+ with other superb free av like avast 5.0 or avira or even MSE. Tell me how can I convince somebody to try a suite that was not tested by no respected laboratory?
Melih linked to Matousec but Matousec is also controversial and not transparent. Many people don’t trust its results, especially after it was sold to some secret company that can not be find in Google. And if we take Matousec results as objective they also check also firewall and hips, so no trust in AV again.

That’s fantastic, and I’m very glad for you, but his comments are not related to the original post. At all. Post-poisoning: the repeated posting of off-topic material (against your forum rules). Whether Melih’s (or anyone elses, yours, mine etc) point is valid is neither here nor there - it is offtopic, and completely distracts the post from the original question. Once again, I encourage the moderators to re-read the first post (concerning AVC, not matousec, not languy) and make conclusions about whether 3/4 of all posts in this thread have anything to do with the questions asked in the first post.

P.S: I’d be happy to tell all this to you by PM (and not clog up this thread further), but as you still haven’t had the courtesy to reply to mine, I’m forced to do this here.

+1. Echoes my sentiments exactly.