Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6223 Released

Hello,
I’ve not had comodo firewall installed since 6209 tried to update my old ver 8.xxxx and it stopped at about 81%. I was unable to uninstall/repair, reinstall or windback to the previous revision. I attempted to manually remove comodo from the c drive and registry. I thought that had worked however when I try and install 6223 it reports it cannot install with the message

“To proceed with installation you must uninstall old COMODO firewall/internet security. As it cannot be done by COMODO firewall, please uninstall this old software manually and restart comodo firewall.”

Can someone let me know what I need to remove in either the registry or c drive so that the installer will complete please?

Thanks
Gerard

Thanks.

Hi gaboz,
In order to investigate, please see if you can provide installation log file that can be found in following format under system’s temp folder:

%temp%\cmdinstall.exe_XXXXXX.log.7z

e.g.
cmdinstall.exe_17-04-09_01.02.51.log.7z

Thanks
-umesh

Hello,
I’ve attached the log file as requested.

Thanks
Gerard

Thanks for the help!

Going back to the File List, no, that option was checked but it only reveals some that were hidden, such as .jar files.

I’m talking about system dll and such that were once showing up but are non existent now.

Apologies umesh, I attached the wrong logfile.
Here is the correct one.

Thanks
Gerard

Congrats for the new release.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, though you can try running a file rating scan and see if it gets added. So far I only have 2 .dll files listed in the file list.

So, I finally did a clean install from v8 to v10 (removed v8, installed v10.0.1.6223, imported configuration). My OS is Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update.

My first impression is that my system seems to be running heavier now, though I probably shouldn’t make any judgments so soon.

I managed to find at least two major anomalies in less than two minutes after starting to use the new version:

1- The modern theme seems to be broken if resized and will randomly fail to draw the portion of the window that is outside of the default size. Check attached screenshot.
I haven’t been able to reproduce it with the other themes yet.

2- The search function in application rules (both HIPS and firewall and probably also other places) seems to have been removed. Previously, whenever I wanted to manually edit the rules for a certain application, I entered the rules section, pressed CTRL + F which opened the search bar, entered the file name and pressed ENTER, found the executable I was looking for, and then started editing it. This has always been a very crucial function for me and now that it has been removed, I have to manually browse through hundreds of executables to find the one that I want. Is there a specific reason for this removal?

Also I noticed a lot of people talking about the Trusted Vendors list in the threads related to previous versions of v10. Assuming that I have “Trust Application Signed by Trusted vendors”, “Trust files installed by Trusted Installers”, and “Create rules for safe applications” set to DISABLED, does the Trusted Vendor list have any effect anymore? I certainly don’t want Comodo to trust any application just because it is digitally signed.

Edit: I also installed this version on my laptop with Win 7 x64 SP1. The initial antivirus scan gets stuck when scanning the file “C:\Windows\System32\zipfldr.dll” for a while (seems to write a dump file to “C:\ProgramData\Comodo\CisDumps” in background), and eventually aborts. Now I am stuck with the yellow Comodo icon because the initial scan never finishes.

i download always the full installer on this one,

SHA1: 163cd050dfa5456abfe95e24f10796a7624afbef

do not match my download i try 3 times, the info posted is correct ?

I also downloaded the “Offline Installer for CIS Premium” but the MD5 and SHA1 hashes of the file I got do not match the one in this thread. Neither does the file size.

Hi,
all sorted. I used the tool in the forum message below to clean out the leftovers of the previous install that I wasn’t able to find. Firewall 10 has now completed install and working OK.

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/topic-removaluninstall-tool-of-comodo-firewall-and-drivers-2015-t112405.0.html

Thanks
Gerard

I love comodo firewall and other malware protections. I have been using comodo firewall and other products for many years. …The one problem that tears up my computer is when you release a bad updated version I usually can’t uninstall to re-install. I know from reading online that you have had this complaint for years. Why don’t you guys fix this uninstaller problem once and for all time. You have badly needed softwares to help with the great malware problems of our time, but this one thing is a big problem for me, many of your users, and your reputation.

Again, love your stuff.

Thank you umesh, it is working now. I can confim it is fixed :-TU

Hi,
Since the previous version (10.0.1.6209), when i import the active configuration profile, i have this message “you cannot remove active configuration”. Is it possible to import directly into the active profile as before ?
Thanks

You cannot import a configuration of the same name as the one that is activated and you are currently using; so call the one you are importing something else - or change your configuration temporarily before importing

Looks posted by mistake for v10 6209.

Here you go:
MD5 547973c0e6cd3f12cbd34b303877aa57
SHA1 0db0a5125995e4786c762238b83406c4fb953f35
SHA256 ce0de846713cb98493ed39759881026f5d23525eb3d5c6ee91e125a963e88bc6
File size 64.9 MB ( 68028344 bytes )

Does it happen all the time? Try to re-install. Something’s not right.
Can you kindly provide “zipfldr.dl” file via PM?

V10.0.1.6223 fixes the bug “Comodo Security Agent could not be started”. However, I get a new error.

The program keeps prompting further update of v6223 when I check for an update. Please see attachment.

Meanwhile I just ignore it and it does no harm. But it is annoying.

Many thanx for your attention.

That’s what I did ;). Thanks