COMODO Internet Security BETA2 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Firewall log export loses the PROTOCOL information !!!
The AV log export got fixed in Beta2, the Firewall export not ?

1. Windoze Vista SP1, Enterprise x32, XP pro SP2 & 3 x32
  2. CMF, BOClean, Winpatrol.
  3. Just export the log to HTML and see it loses the PROTOCOL information
  4. N/A bug.
  5. N/A
  6. Done

[attachment deleted by admin]

Same problem as in beta 1. I can not update my antivirus database. Still getting the Failed window. But the system reports that the file is not up to date in the taskbar. Is there a manual way for updating? Downloading and copying the definitions maybe? Would be usefull for computers without direct internet-access.
I’ve tried the diagnostics utility but it shows no error. I only noticed that the uninstallation of CPF before installing CIS left some components on my system - so it didn’t remove alle network - adapters but also registry and file-system was not clear after uninstalling. Maybe that’s why Beta 2 is not updating now?
Chris

I have Virtual PC (VirtualBox), who test different antivirus programs. Today, I decided to install Comodo Internet Security of the virtual computer. The installation successfully took until the moment came after restarting the computer. When you restart the computer, I got a message from CIS, there is a problem. When click on “Reports”, I saw that reads the description of the problem - Crash Dump (Crash.dmp). Is this a bug? I use Windows XP Professional SP2 32 bit. Launched service that offers CIS - Diagnostics. According to testing there is no problem.

please edit your post and attach a zipped Crash.dmp

Done! See my last comment!

My system specs are:
P4 HT 3 GHz and over 1gb ram available and XP sp3 32bit, HW DEP Optout.
Other apps: Comodo Safesurf, Unlocker assistant, Speedfan, Daemon tools, CIS 3.5 Beta2, COMODO Vulnerability Analyzer 1.1.3.29, Comodo Disk Shield 1.0.1.18, Logitech Setpoint 4.60.122

It looks like that Miscellaneous\Settings\Logging always revert back to “If the log size exceeds 0 MB delete it and create a new file” after a while.
I was not able to exactly find when this happens but sometimes when I look at the Logging seting they revert back to default.
If I edit them and check again after few minutes the changes I made are still there.

Thus I’m unable to test this

CIS Miscellaneous >Settings > Logging has If the log size exceeds (Set to 1 MB) Move it to C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\CFP Logs

When the log is moved it will be placed in C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents and the name will be CFP Logs11_09_2008_10_41_47.sdb

For some unknown reason it does not create a file named 11_09_2008_10_41_47.sdb in the correct path (C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\CFP Logs) but it will place a file in the parent folder adding a leading CFP Logs

I had similar boot problems with CIS but only with ethernet modem. I reinstalled my alcatel speed touch usb modem and i had no boot problem with CIS.

Maybe that wasn´t your problem.

Andreas

Thunderbird Problems:

1. I use the thunderbird e-mail-client (2.0.0.16).

2. I deactivated all automatically internet connections of thunderbird.

A) With sygate firewall after starting thunderbird there is no trying to connect to the internet.

B) With CIS (last beta version) after starting thunderbird CIS firewall alerts a trying to connect to the internet.

I don´t know why thunderbird is trying to connect to the internet and i don´t know the concretely internet address where thunderbird wants have.

(:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH)

Andreas

Andreas, the message you show is TB communicating with itself internally via TCP as part of its initialization. 127.0.0.1 is localhost, which is your machine. This is not an external connection to the internet.

Thanks!

Local host!? Sygate Firewall didn´t view that.

But ok i must learn more about local host, Thunderbird communicating, TCP and more, …

:SMLR :SMLR (:WIN)

Andreas

Sometimes MS Word 2007 files (.docx) are inaccessible, never had this before, only with CIS Beta’s 1&2
Have not tried .doc or .xls files…

1. Vista SP1 Enterprise UAC -x32.
  2. CMF/BOClean/Winpatrol.
  3. Open an office document using a shortcut sometimes does not work.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done

AV Exclusions not working at system boot. (conflicting also with BOClean 4.27).

1. Vista SP1 Enterprise UAC -x32.
  3. I Have netcat (nc.exe) in a folder that’s also in my systems %PATH% it is on the AV exclusion list and also on the BOCLean exclusion list. Every system boot i get the BOClean error and the AV detects a “threat” in it.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done

If i do a manual scan it"skips" the netcat (nc.exe) so it looks like only the AV RealTime or Memory/Scan triggers this behavior. If i boot with RealTime scan disabled there is no problem with BOClean.

How did you figure out it was a Modem issue? I connect to the Internet via Wireless Broadband.

E

CIS contains traces of CFP on different stages.

cfp.exe → cis.exe
HKCU\Software\CFP
HKLM\System\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro
c:\programdata\comodo\Firewall Pro

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32
  3. N/A.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done

I Just closed the GUI and started it again, now it states that the virus signature database is NOT up-to-date !
Last update on January 1970 !!
About box shows AV db version 314

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32
  2. CMF/BOClean/Winpatrol
  3. N/A.
  4. Close the GUI and start again
  5. N/A.
  6. Done

Firewall;
Cannot change a existing firewall rule from port to port-range or vice verse.
For Application and Global rules !!

1. Windows, Vista SP1 Enterprise & XP SP3 - x32
  2. BOClean / CMF
  3. Create a global rule with a source or destination port in it, save it now change it to port range and save it.
    I just does not work, if you apply you will see the “old” port rule in the policy. from Port range to port also does not work
  4. You can however change from port to ANY or from port to “A set of ports”.
  5. N/A
  6. Done

Firewall;
Cannot change a description on a firewall rule.

1. Windows, Vista SP1 Enterprise & XP SP3 - x32
  2. BOClean / CMF
  3. Try to change the name of an firewall rule, click apply nothing happens.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. N/A.

On demand scanner does not work if I import my rules( configuration) from the last version of CFP( just before CIS beta). On access scanner does work OK.

Anyone having this issue?

Thanks

I did not find any option for a new thread in bugs section, so I posted it here.

I guess the Anti Virus Bugs section would be the best, but obviously it is locked right now.

LA

I am using an single usb modem since 4 years. Last week i bought an ethernet modem broadband with wireless functionality.

Never i had Comodo Firewall problems after boot.

At first time i used ethernet modem i had no problems with Comodo Firewall booting.

follows:

1. ethernet modem was turned off
  2. after booting system no problem with comodo
  3. i turned on ethernet modem - no problem with comodo
  4. i booted the system again and Comodo Firewall uupps crash

USB Modem has another system. When i turned off my system usb modem turned off also. The ethernet modem has an own power button. The usb modem is only possible to activate after boot. But ethernet modem with own power button is activated when you turn off or on yourself.

Yes, i think it is a bug.

But i didn´t test this situation with the last CIS version because i changed to usb modem temporarily.

I hope i could help you.

Do you have the boot problem with the last (!) released CIS version also?

Andreas