COMODO Internet Security BETA2 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

I do still have the boot problem though it is now intermittent instead of every boot-up.

I’ve not installed any new hardware etc… Hmmm, further investigation is required. Thanks for explaining how you resolved your issue.

Eric

Oops. The ghost of BSOD (of CFP) returns to CIS??? Please do fix it. I am anxiously waiting for final release of CIS and stick with only one program Comodo CIS! Oh sorry … and Superantispyware for on demand spyware scanning. Low Ram High Efficiency… Egeman … Melih… Comodo … please do take care of BSOD.

Hello Layman,

Can you follow the bug reports rules and post the needed information together with the minidump here ?

Please post it in the bug reports beta section here:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_beta2_bug_reports-t27344.0.html

Along with the answers to the questions asked on the top of the post.

Oh… sorry Ronny, I have still not downloaded the beta. I was commenting on your as well as LAR Grizzly’s reports of booting 5 times in Beta2 release page. I did face BSOD in CFP even with latest .378 and hence later switched to 2.4. I have been waiting for the release of CIS since then. BSOD is something I am very much afraid of… since I faced it with almost all versions of CFP V3 - the exception being .349 which gave me random BSODs. My computer is main computer and hence am reluctant to test the beta right now. Hope you understand. I am an ardent fan of Comodo and from the initial reports of CIS, it seems to uphold the promise of Comodo. (My memory dumps of CFP V3 is already available in the appropriate thread).

Firewall, Attack Detection, Do Protocol Analysis does not log anything !!
Put some scan against it with Nmap or Hping2 and mess with the FLAGS nothing shows !!
Where CFP 2.4 was logging things in nice detail, CIS does not show anything.

1. Windows Vista SP1 Enterprise UAC, XP SP2/SP3.
  2. Nothing
  3. Use Nmap or Hping and mess with the flags, put a netcat listener on the host machine for input logging.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Nothing in the logs, nothing to show.

Firewall, Intrusion Detection, Port scan does not trigger the Firewall to block the host.
Also there is no trace of the port scan in the LOGFILES !

Just fire a default Nmap scan, CFP 2.4 goes out almost immediately CIS never does.

1. Windows XP, SP3.
  2. Nothing.
  3. Just use a default nmap scan against a CFP 2.4 and CIS Beta2 the 2.4. logs and blocks, CIS does nothing.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. There is nothing in the logviewer.

Firewall, Intrusion Detection, SYN Flood does not LOG and does not put the Firewall on Emergency mode !

Scan a CFP2.4 host with:
nmap -sS -P0 -p 1- -D 1.2.3.4,2.3.4.5,3.4.5.6,4.5.6.7 victim.ip
It reports a DDOS SYN Attack, and puts the firewall in Emergency mode.
CIS does nothing NO Logging NO blocking, just prompts it i try to setup a connection from the scanner host.

1. Windows XP SP2
  2. Nothing
  3. See above
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. N/A.

Default configuration settings are to weak to protect against Rootkit (Kaspersky: Win32.Zhelatin.afa).

Hooks the following API functions:
• ZwEnumerateKey
• ZwEnumerateValueKey
• ZwQueryDirectoryFile

1. Windows XP SP2
  2. CIS Out-of-the-box (AV+Firewall).
  3. Just install CIS and fire the executable, you will get no warning from AV or D+ only after e few minutes from FW that services.exe is trying to connect on a strange highport.
  4. Put the D+ back to full protection until the AV Heuristics part is in place ?
  5. N/A.
  6. N/A.
  1. XP PRO 32bit HUN SP3
  • Get a huge file on the “waiting for review” list.
  • lookup
  • submit
    The result is an error.
  1. Didn’t try.
  2. attached.
  3. Earlier the submitter had this bug with huge files then you decided to submit only small files. Maybe you just forgot to set up this restriction again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Under misc, the About menu gives an error. Sometimes when I click About, it gives me an msg that databases are outdated. I try to download defs and it says it is up to date. Also the about gives an error that says “THE PARAMETER IS INCORRECT”

The timer on the scanner does not stop. This was reported on beta 1 and now the timer “stops” but when you resume, the timer jumps the seconds or minutes it was paused. Nice try!! hehehe. Great application.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Works for me, darcjrt. Post system/computer infos, please. Also try to run chkdsk, reinstall, please.

Oh yes sorry. Compaq Intel P DualCore 3GB RAM 160GB SATA HDD, Vista Ultimate SP1. No other Sec software Installed, just CIS.

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Still the same error. Did not get the screen shot but when I got to About, a balloon tip showed on the tray icon saying that the database were outdated. I dont know if it has something to do, but after that message, I got the error trying to go to the about. BTW the databases were up to date as I tried to update the defs.

Off topic, PLEASE ADD the integration to the windows right click for single file scanning??

Hope this works.

Continuing from here:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_35_beta_bug_reports_closed-t26982.0.html;msg198846#msg198846

I had three BSODs today. I was hoping the problem was with Beta 1 but evidently Beta 2 has the same problem. I experience these BSODs when I’m using my CD/DVD/Floppy drives and the ones today happened when I was attempting to burn a DVD. I decided to add the drives to my exclusion list in the CAV portion of CIS, hoping that by ignoring the drives, the crashes will stop. These instances are intermittent, so I’ll have to wait to see the outcome. I hope there is a solution in the near future, I’d hate to have to give up CIS! I’ll be patient. :THNK

I managed to fix this with a clean re-install of CIS Beta2.

Re: Slow defragmentation
When I defragged my hard disk it was so slow after installing the CIS Beta2 (don’t know about beta 1). I used Perfect disk 2008 build 61.
I assumed that the antivirus causing this because when I disabled the real time scanning, it work perfectly well.
Any other info from other defrager?
Thanks.

XP service pack 2
BO Clean 4.27

Piriform Defraggler is slow as hell also.

I guess it would be useful to disable any realtime AV during defrag.

At leas I did so with any other AV I used so far.

Anyway if there is an AV that doesn’t affect defragging times please let ne know :-TU

Before installing the CIS beta2 I used avast with boclean. That time my defragger work with normal speed without changing any setting in the avast.
Other wise the CIS beta2 works very well in my system, thanks to COMODO.
Best Regards.

I use DisKeeper 8 and AVG Pro.
No problems whatsoever