COMODO Internet Security BETA2 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Happens with files of the internet too.

The SAME Alert comes up again & again regardless if you ignore/remove/quarantine.

XP SP3.

Josh

Monitored on Vista 64:
If many new files are brought to the PC and D+ is in Clean pc mode Comodo needs 100% cpu power on one core for a moment. That should be improved.

i am running cis on vista ultimate x64 sp1 alongside cmf.

small glitch i also had with beta1, i cant double click the tray icon to open it. This happens randomly & often when i resume from hibernate. the tray icon is set to hidden so i might try setting it to unhidden & see if it still happens.

Accidentally clicked on “view antivirus events” and CIS beta2 hanged completely… I was unable to kill it (process explorer returned an error), I had to restart my comp.

I did that workaround using ntfs junction just to be sure that when I click on any “view events” button, CIS does not hang…

Utility software: CIS Beta 2, BOClean, Comodo Registry Cleaner, Windows Defender, and SpywareBlaster
Problem: Creation of a scanning profile is not possible
Description of problem: When I try to add objects to create a scanning profile, it doesn’t put them in the profile. No matter what object I add to the profile’s list, it doesn’t add the the objects. Since there are no objects in the profile, the profile cannot be created. Therefore, on my machine installed with CIS Beta 2, creating a scanning profile is impossible. This bug was also present in CIS Beta 1 and I reported that issue in the Bug Reports. The previous post I made pointed out other bugs I noticed but I have no tested them all to see if they are still present in CIS Beta 2.

HarmonicShadow

Re: COMODO Internet Security 3.5 BETA Bug Reports 

« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »

Software: Comodo Internet Security 3.5 BETA
Problems:

1. In Antivirus Tasks, when I add an object when making a scanning profile, it doesn’t add the object.
    The same thing does not work when you get directed to it from the Create New Scan button.
  2. When I click on the Edit and Remove buttons in Scanning Profiles, nothing happens.
  3. In Anti-Virus Events, using the EICAR test file, when sorting by date it reports the Remove action before the Detect Action. That makes no sense. How can the action of removing happening when the action of detection happens after it?
  4. GUI Bug. A recently accessed setting will have the green color as though it is still selected. Color goes to next setting accessed. Narrowed down to recently accessed setting on the corresponding panel.

That’s what I’ve seen so far. Hope it helps.

Missing feature: No Shell Extention Scanning capabilities. In CAV Beta 2.0, you could right-click any file or folder and click Scan with Comodo Antivirus and it would scan it with CAV. I’m surprised that CIS does not have this function.

Another problem: After accessing something in any of the Tasks or the Miscellaneous settings, the blue words of the last object accessed remain green as though the mouse is overtop of it, when it really isn’t.

What I have done to fix the problem: Tell Comodo about the problem, but other than that there’s nothing the normal user could do to fix these issues.

Anything else: Bug #2 I reported is now met with a message saying that they are predetermined scanning profiles and that they cannot be removed or changed. Bug #1 is still present, so I cannot tell whether the edit or remove buttons still click to nowhere. Please read this!!

I do have one issue and thats with IObit SmartDefrag.exe. When I start my defrag the cmdagent.exe slows down the process. I have tried to excluded the process and stop/start the antivirus but it still monitors the defrag and slows things down 10 fold. I’m not sure if the exclude option is working or I’m doing something wrong.

Sorry, this is with winXP home sp3 and beta2. I have no other security software running.

thanks
Al

I have reported the same problem for Perfect Disk defragmenter program for beta 1. Apparantly it is not fixed yet. As a workaround you can disable the AV guard when defragmenting.

I ran into the following bug:

Pending files, that have been looked up, do not get removed from the pending files list.
The files marked as safe during lookup are only removed after closing and reopening the pending files screen.

1. XP sp3 32bit

2. No other security/utility

-Open pending files
-select them all
-Press “lookup”
-Close the lookup screen
-Press “lookup”

-Tried purging, it did not help
-Close the entire pending files screens and open it again(fixed the issue).

My system specs are:
P4 HT 3 GHz and over 1gb ram available and XP sp3 32bit, HW DEP Optout.
Other apps: Comodo Safesurf, Unlocker assistant, Speedfan, Daemon tools, CIS 3.5 BETA2, COMODO Vulnerability Analyzer 1.1.3.29, Comodo Disk Shield 1.0.1.18, Logitech Setpoint 4.60.122

As per no icmp echo-reply log

I wasn’t able to block nor log ICMP echo replies although I only tested this using two PC on the same LAN.

Found another bug, same system as my last post (xp sp3 32bit)

This system has 512MB of ram.

CPF and CMDAGENT are suffering from MASSIVE page faults, this not only causes the scan to be incredibly slow but also messes with the refresh of the comodo windows making them choppy and refresh strangely.

Here are some wikipedia articles about page faults

The last link talks about programming tips to prevent page faults.

i have added a screenshot, notice the huge difference between comodo and all other applications

[attachment deleted by admin]

AFAIK those page faults enumerate the number of times a process requred some inforation windows placed in the swap file.
Opera page faults rise to such numbers too after few hours.

What are the virtual memmory size values for cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe on your PC?
How much free memory your setup currently has?

Here are some screens that should answer your questions.
As you can see:

-I have 284792 ram free
-Comodo never goes over 174896
-No other applications are running.
-virtual memory size can be seen under VM size

With the above numbers in mind page faults should be near zero, instead they are over 5 million

I am using Windows XP, CIS beta 2 and I performed a scan and I hit Stop scan while the scanner was scanning the memory.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work and the scan continued.

I also unchecked "Scan memory’ for ‘manual scanns’ and Comodo still scans the memory.

See in the picture attache where the scanner usually hangs.

Can you fix ?

Followup on the page-fault issue.

I just did a full defragment with perfectdisk which is very disk and memory intensive. During the scan there where only 100 pagefaults.

major bug with defragging. It takes literally ages. CPU usage for cmdagent goes up to around 35% & ram usage goe up to about 15mb. If i set realtime virus scanning to disabled, its fine.

again running vista sp1 ultimate x64 edition.

ps, has anyone else experienced defrag problems? im sure ive read somewhere that some1 was having an issue.

old bug in latest CIS.
details here, more info here and here

new minidump…

1. XP Pro SP3

2. Comodo Safesurf, Comodo BoClean

3. Installed, rebooted CPF doesn’t start automatically.

4. Tried the installing then running ccleaner or CRC and then rebooting.

** This happened every bootup with the original beta release but is now happening intermittently with the 2nd beta release.

I have had Comodo Anti-spam installed though the issue is there whether CAS is installed or not.

Mini dump attached…

E

P.S. I LOVE The Potential of this software! Can’t wait for full release!

I am using Windows XP, CIS beta 2.
When I run a scan, it will exit.

Vista Ultimate x64
CVE, CMF, BoC, CIS
Beta 2 seems to be running properly on my machine. I have been routinely reading other Beta bugs and re-verifying my installation’s results to compare.
Everything seems Ok here. I will note however since I have not run into any viruses (thankfully), I have not checked the submit portion of the program.
Also, one of the posts said something about files waiting for review, if selected and Lookup then Submit clicked, they remain. My question - is this a bug or by design? Since the files have not been verified yet, should they be removed as safe? Will Comodo be contacting the appropriate users/submitter that the files are Ok to remove from the watch list? How are we to know? Clearing them may be in error, (I assume the Submit it to verify them) we would need to know before removing them from the watch list.
Thank you for a wonderful product.

Could anyone in Comodo address this issue? ;D

- Changing description or port only doesn’t take any effect [link];