Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!

I don’t know if my Ticket ID: YUS-209-50899 can be considered an existent bug report. If not, I accept your suggestion. Please, told me the steps to submit a bug report.
Tks.

so, is that any infos about cis 9 beta? I guess its time for it…

I don’t think so.

If not, I accept your suggestion. Please, told me the steps to submit a bug report.
Tks.
You can file a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Comodo antivirus hooks break Chrome 45 527496 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

Note: If you are on a 64-bit operating system, you can install Chrome 64-bit from [b]Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google - I am able to run this successfully with Comodo 8.2.0.4674.

Hi, EricJH:
I have done my best to follow protocol.
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/cis-does-not-do-automatic-updates-in-windows-10-t112843.0.html
It is OK?
Thanks.

I have a question …

I did a Media Creation upgrade to Windows 10 on my works laptop yesterday, and it was working fine, Windows 10 was great and doing what it was supposed to do… It loaded, installed did everything and I was enjoying using my laptop UNTIL I installed Comodo Firewall for Windows 10 … Then it started playing up to the point where it was unusable, wouldn’t boot up and I just decided to reset the laptop, thinking it would reset to 8.1 but in fact it reset to 10. Wonderful. I have NOT reinstalled the firewall and it’s all working really well.

Last night, I was playing with my HP Stream (which had also been upgraded with the Media Creation Windows 10 upgrade) which was working well, until I installed Comodo Firewall for Windows 10, then it started playing up as my laptop had. I didn’t quite get to the point of resetting it but I got close and just gave up on it till another night.

Now, I would assume it would be the Comodo firewall causing the problem, except for two things. First of all, I have it on my cheapo tablet running Windows 10 with no poblems. Second, my tablet didn’t have a Media Creation upgrade to 10, it had a “Your Windows 10 upgrade is ready for you now” upgrade.

So … which is the problem, do you think? The firewall or the Media Creation upgrade? Is there a setting within the Firewall I need to change for one reason or another to allow it to work properly with Win10, or … ?

Hi,

in my opinion you have a broken windows, probably some ownership (rights management) issues,
You could try to open cmd as admin and then run sfc /scannow. That could fix the problem.
If it says problems fixed you should uninstall and reinstall cis after that so it can add the scheduled tasks.
After that you can check with CCleaner if the entries are there…

Thanks

LordRayden

Thank you. I have one last question. What happens when you import the task from a right mouse click on the Comodo Folder in Task Scheduler? You will get a context menu with Import Task as one of the options.

Hi.
I think this is not a broken Windows on 1 machine; there are 4 machines with the same problems (2 Win10 Pro x64, 1 Win10 Home x64, 1 Win10 Home x32). But I followed your sugestion, I ran sfc etc., uninstall CIS, reinstall CIS, and no CCleaner, Comodo entries are not present. Also in Contrl Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler → Task Scheduler Library → Comodo - there is NONE tasks.

Do you refer to Ctr Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler → Task Scheduler Library → Comodo ?
I get a context menu with Import Task. I click on this, I point to the file you send to me; the windows to import appears; I click OK, but importation is now aborted, accusing a path error.

Do the following instructions on how to completely remove a corrupt task help here: Task Scheduler corrupt tasks ?

Hi, EricJH.
First, I am grateful to you and the others who have done me many ideas to solve my problem. About your last suggestion, the hypothesis pointed by you seems not similar to mine, because in the link hypothesis, we have problems like “The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with”, or “Task Scheduler task image corrupted”, or how “To remove these non-existent tasks”. But my Scheduled Task operate OK (all programs scheduled operates OK except CIS). And, only for test purposes, if I uninstall CIS and install an other AV (only for tests, I insist, because I like CIS and I pretend continue with it), the others AV actualizes automatically. Then, I think the problem is not in the Windows scheduled tasks, but in the interaction between CIS and some Windows 10 installations.

It may be worth trying to erase all instances as described in the above:

Really! You solved the question!
My steps, only for documentation:
a) regedit - HKLM\Sw\M$\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Comodo - I deleted the Comodo key;
b) in CIS, I have turned off and turned on updates;
c) reboot;
d) in Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler → Task Scheduler Library → Comodo - 5 entries now are presents!!!
But I think this may be reported to developers, because it seems a bug to correct in the next version.
Thanks, again!

Thank you for reporting back.

i’m trying comodo V9 and wow, smoth, no bugs so far. Like new UI

Please notice this is a leaked alpha build and was not officially released. Use at your own risk.

Im experiencing an error on CIS update.

When I click the update button I get the error: Erro: 0x80070002 - O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado.

See screenshot.

http://s10.postimg.org/6261ug99l/ciserror.jpg

Its related to some error on cis server. Fix it or, atleast, explain why is it going on.

yro please do NOT double post. You have already created a topic about your problem.

Comodo Internet Security V8.2.0.4703 (Chrome Hotfix) is released!