Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!

Please try running Diagnostics and see if it can fix it.

Big migrations bring the risk that driver based solutions like security programs malfunction. In that case we suggest a clean install of CIS.

Or try copying the update task from Task Scheduler from a computer with working schedule to the affected ones. I didn’t test this and is something to try at your own risk but it may save you from a clean install of CIS (assuming that is the only problem the installations have).

When it is released it will be the finished beta version as far as I know.

But as always this can change :slight_smile:

Dennis

Ok…got it

Hi megaherz33,
Sorry I don’t agree, I see very little resemblance to version 5. :slight_smile:
I would be very sad if it did, it is way better in my opinion.

Kind regards.

Hi, EricJH:
Problem drivers must be considered, but is improbably that many real machines, with hw e sw unequal, have drivers problems.
I followed the instructions from CIS support and I have run Diagnostics, but it did not report any errors; I have sent the report to CIS support. I have done some CIS re-installs without success (I have uninstalled CIS in Ctrl Panel and reinstalled it some times - we can say this a clean install, I think). Your suggestion to copying the update task from Task Scheduler, please, may you explain it? I have none scheduled task; my problem is that CIS does not do its automatic updates, only if I command it manually.
Sincerely, I hope the next CIS release resolves these problems… :slight_smile:
Have you any idea when, approximately, we will have the new CIS version?
I apologize my bad English, sorry.
Thanks.

I attached a zip archive with the exported scheduled task from Task Scheduler. Beware it is for 64 bits system.

Download the attached zip archive and extract the .xml file to a folder; let’s say the desktop. Go to Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler. In Task Scheduler go to Task Scheduler Library → Comodo. Select the Comodo entry. Then go to Action (menu bar) → Import Task. Import the .xml file.

Hopefully it will auto update on the next reboot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Who leaked Alpha release? >:-D … thank ;D

I thought it was you, or one of your Russian members who guessed the link ;D

They seemed to be rather good at finding the latest CMS when it was available :slight_smile:

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis2

It works fine alpha release. Do not spoil the product)))

Windows 10 build 10532 (Insider)

We all hope that :slight_smile:

Just maybe something easier to use.

Faster aswell :slight_smile:

Dennis

CIS is like this, it installs very deeply in the PC and it’s not easy to update from a major release to another (i. e. from CIS 7 to CIS 8 ), so it’s even less easy to keep the same version from one OS to another…
The best way is always to:

• export the configuration settings
  • uninstall the old CIS
  • run comodo uninstaller tool https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-faq-cis-b141.0/-t71897.0.html (it was made for CIS 3 to CIS 5, but it’s still working)
  • run ccleaner or any other SW to clean both files and registry
  • update the OS
  • re-install CIS (or anyway install the new version of CIS)
  • import your previously saved settings (hoping that it works)
    CIS is a great piece of SW, the difficult updating process is maybe the only weakness.
    Cheers

Hm, latest version of Chrome (stable branch, v45) has problems with latest CIS 8.2, at least under Win 7 x64 and Win10 x64. Windows 7 was kind enough to show me the cause (message is in Polish, but it says the obvious quotes known to everyone here) :slight_smile:

Update:
It seems chrome.exe must be added as an exclusion to “Defense+ → HIPS → HIPS Settings → Detect shellcode injection”, it works flawlessly after that. I had to do it even though I have HIPS set to off. :wink:

Hi maxik,
The following bug has been reported to Comodo and Google, the issue you are experiencing is probably related to this issue.
guard32.dll kills Chrome 45

Kind regards.

My wife’s Win 8.1 had the same issue this morning with Google Chrome (at her office)…she called Comodo and they resolved it for her. I have Windows10…didn’t see the problem but probably wasn’t using Chrome at the time…all seems fine now…thanks! RR

Hi, EricJH:
In fact, my system is Win10 Pro x64.
I have tried your suggestion, but when I had done the command “import”, Win said to me it doesn’t find the path.
Thanks the same way. I will continue to expect the new version, I hope it solves my automatic update CIS problem.

But… your suggestion give me an idea. I have verified all Win10 machines that doesn’t do CIS automatic updates - and in all these machines, in Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler → Task Scheduler Library → Comodo - there is NONE tasks!!!

But, if I go into the machines that CIS normally does automatic updates, in the same place, there is many Comodo Tasks entries!!!

Thus, the problem is that: in some machines, Comodo doesn’t put scheduled tasks in Windows!!!

Obs. - in all machines, automatic updates settings is on.

How to solve it?

Thanks, Hugo

When Windows said it doesn’t find the path did you point it to the extracted .xml file?

Yes, I have pointed to the extracted .xml file.
But I think I have find the problem, but not the solution:
In all machines that CIS is not doing automatic updates, in Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler → Task Scheduler Library → Comodo - here, nothing is registered, despite the options in CIS to do automatic updates.
This seems a bug, because CIS does not respects my options in its settings to do automatic updates.

()s.

Try running Diagnostics and see if that can fix it or not.

It is odd though that Task Scheduler " cannot find the path". It’s look like there may be a rights issue happening… Try extracting the .xml file to another folder like c:\ and let Task Scheduler import the task from there.

I have run Diagnostics and it doesn’t show anything wrong.
I have open control.exe as administrator, and I have done all the steps to import the .xml file, also from C:. When I point it, Windows identifies the .xml file and initiates the importation, and it opens an window to complete the importation; but now I click OK, and in this exact moment, Windows says that it cannot retrieve the path.
This seems to me a conflict between CIS and some Win10 systems, specially when I have done a migration from Win7 to Win10 (because in other machines, where I have installed Win10 from zero, or I have migrated from Win8.1, this problems does not occurs).
To simplify, CIS ignores my options in its settings to do automatics updates; I don’t know if Windows refuses to schedule CIS updates, or if CIS is not working OK on some Win10 systems (because on Win7, in the same machines, all was OK before the migration).

In case of a migration from Win 7 to Win 10 please do a clean install of CIS. With such a big migration things sometimes can go wrong.