COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4508 is released!

Alert sound is good for me, it depends on users preferences.
But “purge” is needed :-TU

Liking the new release so far, but there’s this one thing that is still bothering me. I’ve asked about this before, but I didn’t get a satisfactory answer.

The question is: Why don’t files, that are blocked by the Auto-Sandbox, get added to the File List as Unrecognized? I have set the Auto-Sandbox rules to Block all unrecognized files. If I set the Action for the rule to anything other than Block, they will get added to the list as Unrecognized.

If this is intentional, I would at least like to know why, since I don’t see how this improves my security or is more convenient. CIS 7 added blocked files to the Unrecognized Files list.

I’m already pulling my hair out about this! I’ve had to search through many files to find and remove duplicates of files that have been updated. Example: the old firefox.exe is still in the list after updating to the new firefox.exe. I have to search and remove the old one by date. CIS 8.1 just updated the hash and left only one copy of firefox.exe. SUX!

have installed it a few hours ago and it runs smooth as silk 8) really nice! love the new sound notifications , way better than the old ones! good job comodo!!! :-TU :-TU :-TU

Performance appears to have been focused on in this release. No slowdowns on my Win 8.1 pc.

Try to submit some files with .js extension or .dat. Does it work?

CIS uninstall doesn’t remove ADS from files.
I think CIS uninstall should remove ADS from files.
And would be good if disabling ADS option asks the users to remove/keep already applied ADS to files.

I use Bvckup 2 to backup files to external HDD.
Bvckup 2 has delta backup feature i.e only new & modified stuff is backed up after 1st backup.
I do backup weekly or once in 15 days.

Would this ADS thing create probs for Bvckup 2, especially delta backup feature?

Good point :-TU These files cannot submitted :frowning:

http://i.imgur.com/QNYhOMr.png

.exe and .scr files (my malwares) submitted via “File Submit”

Thank you for confirm. I’ve updated the issue in the tracker.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Is there a reason why processes like chrome.exe, firefox.exe, etc. are not shown here? Actually the only thing that is actually appearing is System.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Disabling File Source Tracking (ADS) still changes the original file dates of downloaded files. :-TD

So far nothing I’ve used has been able to remove ADS even in safe mode. Not looking forward to attempting a boot cd and running an ADS cleaner before the file system is mounted. If that fails and I have to reformat to remove the ADS I’ll be dumping CIS as my security choice.

Are you sure that’s CIS? The same thing happens to me even in Safe Mode where CIS isn’t even loaded and hence can’t affect the download or the files, the files downloaded have the created time from when the file was first created on my system and the modified of when the file finished downloading. However with File Source Tracking on, extracting files from .zip archives will change the modified date, now for me with file source tracking off that doesn’t happen anymore.

Well, I was assuming that it was CIS. I downloaded files with Firefox, SeaMonkey and Internet Explorer. All of those files had the file dates as the current date. When I download them with DownThemAll, the file dates are the original. Could it be that CIS affects the browser downloaders?

cis 8.2 is a good step ahead. i cant see the massive slowdowns and lags that I saw before. its a good thing.

but ads are still there. the same as an user posted before. but this time the ads are not f$king my files when I move or copy them to my pendrives. its good for me.

Try it in safe mode and you’ll see the same thing, uninstall CIS and you’ll see the same thing, it’s unlikely that CIS is the culprit but rather the browsers themselves or Windows itself that does it.

Edit: I just uninstalled CIS, rebooted and then downloaded an executable, the creation date was from when the download started, the modified date is from when the download finished.

Edit 2: Or perhaps CIS changes something in the system so that even after uninstallation it continues to do the creation date thing? One would have to try with a clean install of Windows, I don’t have the time to test that.

Very excited and looking forward to upgrading to the latest version!
Will be doing so shortly! :azn:

I am very happy with the performance improvements with updating. I run CIS on an old netbook and now the time it takes to update the AV is greatly improved. It is good news for all users on older or otherwise underpowered hardware. Also opening the UI on my AMD based desktop has improved.

I would also like to see the purge button in File list. The notification sound now is a more polite one; much better than the previous which was too loud especially when having the pc on my audio gear. It is the best sound we got to choose from (still I would like to advocate to look for another sound though). See my comments in Buket’s topic asking what we thought about the new sounds.

Hi aim4it,
To remove stubborn ADS, take ownership of the file or folder containing the files with ADS before using an ADS cleaning tool.

I use the following.

Kind regards.

After a very long break of CIS, i installed again the new version, and am very impressed with the system responsiveness, and how well everything is working. Good job guys, keep it up!