COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 BETA Released!

Very Good! :rocks:

I’m with you. It would be nice if Comodo would offer a “lite” version without all the extra stuff for those who want a simpler security suite. The only things I use are FW, AV and D+ (with auto sandbox). I would be just as happy without the sandbox.

i was looking at the screens and i have to say that im really scared about it…

the interface is good? well. it has its beauty, but does it make a security software better, to have a nice gui? NO.

ill try it on my current setup and lets see…

if the lags continues then comodo will be forcing me to say good bye comodo softwares…

I agree on both counts. :-TU

Malicious software continues to evolve and Anti-malware software needs to try to keep up the best they can. This means continual extra and changing layers are required along with a GUI that can accommodate.

Other than some users unfortunately being plagued with GUI lag, I personally don’t see a problem with the appearance of the GUI.

Thanks.

well… i have 6 friends that use CIS7 on personal computers and laptops. 5 have the so called “gui lags” and 1 doesnt care because he almos never uses his computer.

if we take it as a percentual for a research, we have “a lot” of users facing the lags…

Hi yro,

This is unfortunate and strange, please note I am not trying to pass the buck but it would be nice if we could determine if any other specific system factors are involved. :-
Just trying to help determine the cause, considering we are not all affected. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

I understand sticks. I really want to help on that matter but i just dont know how.

The thing is that CIS 7 has a lot of problems on its gui and this gui is causing lags for a lot of users (well, atleast I guess its the gui/theme itself). And COMODO just keep pushing this interface with cis 8. Its sad…

Why dont comodo publish a new light theme for cis 8? so we users will be able to choose what we wants.

a light gui with no king of visual effects or png images on it. Just the old style icons on top of this new layout. this could solve a lot of problems for users and bring a confortable situation for comodo devs when they will not need to be so hurried about lag complains.

Iam very happy to hear that cis 8 is realeasd and this is test on cis 8 beta and he didnt do well :frowning: … cis is so much better than that 8)

Thank you yro, your time is appreciated in trying to help with this. :-TU

I am not sure how to help either.
I suspect that Comodo hopes the ‘Classic Theme’ with the current GUI solves the lag issue.
I understand it didn’t help with V7 on some machines, let us hope V8 has helped.
Fingers crossed for when you test V8 yro.

Kind regards.

Been connecting to VPS without hassle. I have CIS installed here and VPS has no AV.

In the V8 Beta of CIS, is there the option to install just the firewall component (as with V7)?

Yes, installer is the same. Just PrivDog has been removed because it’s being reworked (v3 alpha is available as of now).

Hi,

Some feedback. Installed currently on Windows 7 / 32-Bit.
Everything seems fine - no slowdowns or errors so far… :-TU

Another feedback (Windows 8.1 + All updates / 32-Bit) coming soon. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kardo

Any info about engine improvements?

Just updated (manually) database from v. 19546 to 19547 and about a minute or so CPU usage and RAM usage were high (in attachment).
I hope new AV engine solves this problem (new virus signature file format?). I’ll see if it happens again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

IMHO, during installation, CIS should ask user whether or not to enable PUP detection.

ON/OFF setting is hidden in Advanced Settings…not many novice users will find it…

Just my 2 cents…

Hi Lord Ami,

Please create a bug report & attach process dump (if you notice that issue again).

Thanks.

I cant handle this any more the scan engine is too weak i just scan afolder contains 112 new malware and it found only 58 where the upgrade of the scan engine will come out … otherwise every thing is good no slowdown no errors expect icant submit files in quarntine

http://im55.gulfup.com/zVPJyq.png

Hi

It does not send files with the extension “.exe”

Hi,

[attachment deleted by admin]