We are excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 Beta is ready for your review.
Thank you very much for your cooperation and support during the BETA testing! Thanks to your feedback and the excellent work of our teams worldwide, we have addressed 120+ bugs and several improvements over the last CIS 7.0 release. You can see a selected set of these in release notes section below.
What’s new in 8.0.332922.4281?
Policy based automatic-sandboxing
- Ability to create automatic sandboxing rule based on various parameters such as file reputation, file origin, file source etc
- New default auto-sandboxing policy which is fine-tuned to isolate risky unknown applications
Hardware virtualization support
- When Intel VT-x or AMD SVM Virtualization extensions are available, Enhanced Protection Mode makes use of these technologies and CIS operates at hypervisor level
- CIS can now send security and configuration events to Windows Event Logs
- Viruscope is now enabled by default, monitors more activities and works on sandboxed applications as well as not sandboxed ones
- Viruscope performance is improved
- The advanced settings window has been redesigned to provide a better layout
We have addressed many issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few
- Enabling Viruscope causes file sharing violations
- Killing certain malware can cause BSOD
- Certain keyloggers can sniff keyboard while sandboxed as partially limited
- Office 2013 documents downloaded from the Internet sometimes cannot be opened inside sandbox
- Microsoft Outlook cannot receive email inside sandbox
- Multiple issues exploited by malware to bypass certain protections
- Firewall blocks fragmented UDP traffic even if this option is disabled
- Incompatibility between Cisco Anyconnect Mobile VPN and COMODO Firewall
What needs to be tested?
The most important feature of this BETA in policy based Automatic-Sandboxing. So the most valuable bugs are the REPRODUCIBLE bugs which are related to system stability issues, compatibility issues, and crashes.
You are more than welcome to test all other features as well.
Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s in the Beta section of the forum. The required format is given here:
Comodo Internet Security
Size: 211M ( 220810816)