COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 BETA Released!

Have you created a bug report for the GUI issues? I quickly scanned the formatted reports and couldn’t find one. If you like I can help you to submit a bug report for the GUI issue. Perhaps we can locate the cause through that bug report.

Thanks.

My first impressions :

Overall, It is nice to have more control over sandbox.

Negative:

It doesn’t start up on boot. I have to manually click on Comodo icon to make it start up. I checked the process list and I couldn’t see any comodo process until I manually started the program.

Firefox in Sandbox crash at http://www.viewdocsonline.com/

I had installed only the Firewall and Comodo Dragon.

System : Clean Windows 8.1

Please create a bug report.

Thanks.

the start up issue is known and a bug report has already been created.

To fix this you have to create this key for cistray to start on boot
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cistray.exe” -h

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have not tried this beta yet, but with past versions, I could connect to the VPN (Cisco Secure Anywhere), but then when trying to connect to my remote machine it could never find it. Uninstalling CIS would solve the issue. And I experienced this on the 3-4 different machines I tried installing CIS on.

Will this version wash dishes,mow a lawn,protect from asteroid impacts,earthquakes,tsunamis,pick a winning lottery number?
IMHO Cis is way over the top.

The good old V5 interface which really looked like a Security Software, had all settings easily accessible and not caused GUI lags to anyone… Don’t get me wrong, i use and like CIS V7, i like Viruscope, think it’s about time Comodo should put a Behavior Blocker in CIS, and they put, that’s good, but the new interface since CIS V6 only caused problems to a lot of users and a lot of people complain that it is heavy on resources… And frankly, it does not look so much like a protection software at first sight (sadly this is happening with almost all AVs today).

In my opinion Comodo complicated what was simple, sometimes less means more, a simple and light interface is what most users want… A interface like the one in Comodo System Utilities (CSU) would be much better suited for CIS in my opinion…

From the information I have I do not believe this has been fixed. However, is someone has installed the Beta, if you find that this is fixed, or not, please respond to the bug report here and let me know.

Thanks.

HI

All files that were before you installed Komodo run without restrictions.
In unidentified files they are still recorded. If HIPS enabled, the file is locked. In general, the default settings leave undesirable.

Please create a bug report for this.

That’s a complex problem and a part of it is a desired behavior.
All files which were before CIS installation on the machine will run outside the sadbox unless they were downloaded from the Internet and the alternate NTFS data streams are still there.

Remember, CIS is designed to keep CLEAN system CLEAN, no to be installed on the infected machine (hence no need to sandbox already existing files)*

*exuding PE with alternate NTFS data streams that tell Comodo that it was downloaded from the Internet

It would be better to create a wish - Comodo installer should preform quick memory/autostart scan to make sure system is CLEAN

well said.

i think a better option would be to have a wizard like you have suggested previously. which runs through many configuration options to help the user setup CIS. the wizard should run cce or some type of scan to check if clean, then run a cloud scan to build the trusted files list, check for leftovers from previous cis installs, offer the user a few different options like enabling pups, proactive config, and adding protected data files to hips etc

It may be intended, but many users will still install this on a system which may not be entirely clean. Thus, for it to immediately allow those applications access strikes me as a vulnerability, which I think is worthy of submission as a bug.

Lot of malware are not auto sandboxed :frowning:

Yes, because of the new policy for the Sandbox course by many disadvantages, including

If you download the sample and transfer to the desktop will not be put in a Sandbox

Could you run the samples of the download file, or from removable disk

Only some of the extensions, which been put in a Sandbox if outside download file:*vbs and more

good to see the beta

Need instead of “Internet”, to set the default “All” (screenshot in Russian)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Good to know guys!!! :viva:

Absolutely correct. In other words, if you want to run automatically all unrecognized applications as sandboxed, you should modify existing rules or add new rule with empty source . Anyway, one way is this: Ignore origin. So you need to modify origin from “Internet” to “Any”.

Be aware of a bug, with some archive managers (like 7zip). Do not use them to unpack your malware archive, use e.g. winrar instead,