COMODO Internet Security 6.0?

For me there are 2 types of Sandbox in CIS

AutoSandbox & Elevated Privilege Rights - Sandbox

AutoSandbox - Here I never encountered an app which didn’t worked. This sandbox by default is auto & is a non-installer (file) sandbox. One will see the autosandbox popup more often than elevated privilege rights - sandbox popup coz the later one is for installers & one doesn’t installs the program on a regular basis.

Tha partial limited - default setting makes it possible to save the changes made to the file in question thereby protecting the system too. No manual work is needed. But Full Virtualization in AutoSandbox will not save the changes to the file so manual work will be needed which will be a prob for majority of users i.e average users. And as one will see this popup often i.e quite a few-more file will be sandboxed I think AutoSandbox with partial limited default setting is better than AutoSandbox full virtualization as mentioned above.

But an option for full virtualization similarly like partial, limited, restricted, etc would be good too.

Elevated Privilege Rights Sandbox - Here I have faced corrupted installs/uninstalls quite a few times. This is by default not auto & is an installer (app installers) sandbox. One will only see this popup for install/uninstall programs i.e not often. So I think this sandbox should be fully virtualized so that one can either completely install the program or completely sandbox the program & there would be no corrupt installs/uninstalls. So for Elevated Privilege Rights Sandbox I think full virtualization will be good.

I use Comodo as an anti EXE I have my program set to block all unknown programs. :slight_smile:

Is there a BB pop-up for “blocked” setting?

Im just wonerind about the sandbox & kiosk dicusion,one seit is it OK that everyone is consernig about, but the second site is that any one who got a liitle bit of knowlege and experience know that the Comodo sandobox 5.10 is the best one on the market. There is no question about.
I think the most important thing to do is take care about the CIS6 aplication as the tool to prevent user as good as possible from any infektion-treats -malware .
We have to remember that the day to day user expected TO SWITCH THE PC SEEING CIS6 RUNING in the buckgrund and get the peas of mind .
The normal PC user expect simplicity and thrust-noting else.
Dasway things like recomendet seting,firewal,antivirus have to be up to date ,wats mean -one step forwards to same rubish like Kaspersky -witch I have ben using for years -and the rest of big names.
Just make sure People -that aplication is simple to use and responsible .No one is expecting more ,because we all know ,there is no a good security system-whats ever his name.
The are people who care -that the most important part of any PC security. Dasway just use You computer with You senses & brain. There is no thrust -there ist just responsibility.
But i hope the CIS6 will be as I set just simple to use and more thrustful then te older version.

:oHier You have a good example how CIS6 should not be relised .

Seems you don’t want to understand.
You are just so focused on what Egemen said and that’s it, no more things to say.
All we want its if Egemen and COMODO could REconsider.

If you can see, trscsaeg seems to understand pretty good.

Also samjaza understand how beneficial would be an auto virtualization.
Naren as well, even he mentions the word “OPTION”.

Auto virtualization is what everybody was expecting, even some of you MODS (wasgij6, HeffeD, EricJH)
I should add that other users in other forums were expecting this too.

Egeman knew it was a good thing.

So if now there are some “risks”, as some of you like to call it, then why don’t to allow OPTIONAL auto virtualization. Thats all I’m asking COMODO to reconsider.

+100
That’s precisely my point too…

w-e-v, you forgot me somehow… ;D
:-TU

:smiley: I do love irony. I understand all to well. I’ll post again what I originally posted since everybody is so lost. I won’t post any more on this subject. So, please do carry on.

That’s unlikely because you’re currently only considering the benefits and not the risks. And those risks are significant.

OK, then. Right, thanks.

I think this is the best to provide full virtualization as option.

Comodo can default any option they think would be good considering usability & security.

what you quoted was not an example of a risk and your example of auto virtualization causing apps to not work isn’t valid because the current sandbox gives the same problem. and that’s not a security risk. anymore examples of risks?

I’m sorry, since I was obviously annoying everybody in how to approach things from Egemen’s perspective, I said that I wouldn’t post on this subject any more. And I will not. But, for your personal benefit, I will say that in Risk Management you cannot invalidate a risk in the way you have done. Good luck.

what risk did I invalidate. if you mean that because I say add auto virtualization despite it causing problems with apps then so did comodo by adding the current sandbox in cis 5 and 6 because both of those will and does cause problems with apps so there’s no new risk by adding auto virtualization. also it’s not even a risk to add virtualization. just causes apps to not work just like the current sandbox. so list some risk besides breaking apps which isn’t a risk

The crux of the matter here is the disappointment I am sure.
A promise of full virtualization that has not yet been implemented :frowning:
This was promised almost 2 years ago, I also feel this frustration as previously was not thought of as a risk and now other vendors are now utilising these techniques.

I am still keen to trial CIS6 but feel a little let down by incorrect info being given.

all my hope to patch the kernal which no code or something can close comodo proccess

i have a story okey lets read it
i see in a forum a person using AutoIt programing tool he has a code which can move the mouse with that code he can stop the guard and defense+ and firewell and close comodo with that code
but if comodo add a picture which should be written when comodo close a feauture or something should be very good
+
kaspersky never give any code to move mouse to his GUI
lets solve this problem please
because Gdata bitdeffender nod32 avira all are bypassed by it

at all all my hope to join comodo team

Best Regards
Hicham

all my words mean (do a better self defense Protection)
if you protect people you need to protect comodo proccess

:slight_smile:

I do notice there are some usage inconveniences with Auto Virtualization, and on the other side, some risks without Auto Virtualization. An option for Auto Virtualization isn’t a bad idea.

May be the future BB with behaviour analysis enhancement could eliminate the risks without Auto Virtualization. I personally think that it can provide a better user experience and securiy mix. However, I don’t know when will that be acheived or do Comodo is working on this approach.

I don’t like dreaming ;_;
I dreamt that I went on to this forum and started reading posts, but all the topics in here were dead so I went to the beta section and there CIS 6 public beta had been posted, I went to download it and exactly when it finished downloading I woke up. T-T

It’s so obviously not ready yet for the public’s consumption.
However i would like to see this released to reliable others on here for testing :slight_smile: