COMODO Internet Security 6.0?

Yeah, but egemen said… >:-D

If you could be wrong, then that’s a unknown and unquantified risk (in some ways, the worst type of risk).

The risks security wise? Aside from the human issue, I don’t know… that wasn’t exactly the topic I was posting about or considering myself. Also, I’m not entirely sure what you mean.

OK, then. Right, thanks.

CCE in CIS 6 creates different folder or in CIS 6 folder? And it installls or portable like now? What about CCE databases updates?

And Mods, in default settings i.e HIPS disabled, can you plzz post the screenshots of any popup you faced during testing or there will be no popups at all in CIS 6?

Just wait until public BETA come out, and we will se all new things…

CCE (along with Autoruns & KillSwitch) currently installs into the CIS installation directory and since you can no longer do database updates from within the new CCE, it seems to share CIS 6’s database.

I personally haven’t seen any pop-ups of this nature yet.

When can we expect public Beta?

+1

We’re waiting… All questions will be answered by seeing CIS 6. :slight_smile:

We hope at least next week to be launched… :love:

After all that was discussed here i dont mind if they take a couple of weeks to polish it

+1

Was looking forward to the fully virtualized auto-sandbox in CIS 6. :frowning:

The “default deny” not fully virtualized auto-sandbox in CIS 5 is the main reason we stopped using it.

So many programs not recognized/whitelisted by CIS just did not work when “partially limited” or under whatever other auto-sandbox option I chose.
Excluding the ones I discovered myself on all the other PCs took a lot of my time.
Users themselves did not know which choice to make when confronted by the popup “riddles” that were presented to them by CIS.
We tried turning off the popups (which is when we really discovered the useability limitations of programs being run “partially limited”). Getting goodware added to the whitelist took time and seemed to be a only time-limited solution because out of the blue, the same items would suddenly be challenged by CIS again.
We progressively disabled so many CIS features just to be able to live with it, eventually removing it altogether and replacing it with a product which, when it does occasionally auto-sandbox an item, silently (when configured to do so) isolates it from the rest of the PC while functioning as if it were not. When CIS behave like this it will be time to consider it again.

Yes, thats precisely my points
MODS and not DEV say that auto virtualization is a “risk”.

They don’t seem to understand that is not a “risk”, its a conflict problem that is latent even in CIS 5 with auto sandbox. Some issues are not even resolved in CIS 5 auto sandbox, for example OFFICE STARTER.

That’s why I keep demanding a response from COMODO DEV or STAFF if virtualization could still be added as an optional feature. MODs answer: “Egeman said already what he had to say”. Are we turning into a dictatorship?

It should be this week.

Huh? Hang on… you’re not thinking that auto virtualisation and auto sandboxing are completing different things that don’t have the same/related risks are you? If not, what are you saying here?

The dictator had probably better stop dictating and demanding for the time being me thinks.

No one knows…So will remain to be seen 88)

Melih said there is one build a day so let them work we’ll see.

I think he’s saying that the current sandbox causes problems with programs not working and that adding auto virtualization wouldn’t make this issue worse. and that you are the only one who thinks auto virtualization comes with risk. what about the risk of merging a malware infested virtualized browser and not knowing it so you can save your settings

Yep i know, i have patience enough

I do hope not, since based on what I previously posted that wouldn’t make any sense. Not once did I say anything was the only a risk… there are risks, of varying degrees, everywhere. Besides, adding/combining two problems/risks together usually makes things worse… and sometimes by several orders of magnitude. It’s certainly not seen as a sensible approach (wildly understated).

If I install Cis 6 Beta on my computer, will it be upgraded to full version automaticlly?