COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA Released!

+1 :-TU

I think it is better use the valkyrie on online behavior analysis, Instead CIMA. :wink:

CIMA is Dynamic analysis
Valkyrie is Static analysis

they complement eachother and will be used in conjuction.

CAV engine is a very capable and very strong engine. So there is no need to improve the engine to improve detection. Some strong signatures, improvements to CAMAS, better processes within the AV lab (thanks to Igor’s initiatives), improving the “response time” of verdicting a file malware from reception and so on has helped increase detection. Of course along with that Igor also reduced the size from 190meg to 80meg which was a very visible reduction.

thanks
Melih

So there is nothing new in 5.8beta, it just the progressive work that has supposedly improve the AV.

I say supposedly because I have nothing to compare how good is now and how good it was.

You mean other than the drastic change to the virus db format, thus improving performance?

You don’t feel that behind the scenes changes could possibly improve the AV? ???

We are not talking about performance, we are talking about detections.
The changelog talk about improvements in the database that increase the performance using less resources…

I didn’t say the opposite

As I always say I just hope to see all this improvements reflects some day in a respectable test so we can see how CIS performs against others (on demand test, dynamic tests, performance tests) and not just see a test only for CIS with a % in detections and see how cynically/ignorantly (I’m not sure if it’s the right word, not even in my language xD) this is called a good result, excellent…

the only respectable test for “detection” is the real life test from real users…everything else is just a test environment which is biased by the collection of samples and testing methodologies.

Real life, real people, real experiences…respect that!

melih

have the improvements to CAMAS already been made and are live? or still in the works

It’s not what you respect, nobody cares, it’s what the others, the rest of the people respect. I guess that this excuse is valid for you to don’t compare CIS with the competence.

With the competence of what? ??? Do you mean competition?

I think he means competition. I noticed that as well.

There are still detections like Heur.Dualextension (dunno the exact name).
I think at least this example detection type shouldn’t be enabled with heuristics at low.
It’s not a serious kind of detection, if you want to keep it it should be only activated with heuristics at high settings but not by default low heuristics.
The detection should be good enough without it.

I can see for myself when a file has a double extension and it doesn’t have to be a sign of malware.

Yes, sorry I’m not native English, thank for pointing it out, at least I learn something

No need to apologize, I was just confused. :slight_smile:

clean install of WIN XP SP3
no other software installed

Download CIS 5.8 beta
Everything went smoothly, database update without problem, defense+ and FW react as usual.
BUT, when I launch IE8 the computer freeze completely. IE8 is launched, connects toyhe internet and then I have the freeze and must do a hard reboot. I tried several times with the same result.

Defense+ : paranoid
FW : custom policy mode
Geek Buddy removed trough all programs > comodo > remove Geek Buddy

I see enough corporate email malware arriving still abusing this malware.doc.exe stuff having a ‘word’ icon.
And for the worst users executing it because they believe their creditcard was abused and they need to read the document to find out how to fix that :cry:

Does this beta version have multilanguage? ???

Yes it doesn, it might not be completely translated and some GUI positions might need tweaking but it should be there.

Today I am able to download everything from Comodo site. My probs is solved now. But I dont know the prob was here or from Comodo coz I was able to download/update every other software, I was not able to download/update only Comodo software.

There is also posts here some AV users are not getting updates & the Devs are trying to find what the prob is? Is this prob solved? Coz I too along with Comodo software downloads was not able to update the AV too.

Thanxx
Naren

I just asked bordersquirrel for a status update.