COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA Released!

+1 Very Valid Point!

Please can you look into/explore this plese devs and squeeze it in? :slight_smile:

Great! Internal web updater worked like a charm. All is well.

CIS beta testers:

ESM 2.0 Business Edition Beta 2 is out and includes this 2075 release! Give it a try, and test the new Manage This Endpoint feature on the More tab of CIS 5.8/2012 that converts a standalone CIS install to centrally managed. We want to know what you think!

To join the ESM 2.0 Beta Force (and get a chance to earn one of up to 100 really awesome Beta Force tee shirts for your feedback), click Xcitium Endpoint Security Manager - enterprisexcitium .

The ESM Beta Team will contact you and provide you with the software and license key to begin testing. You will also be able to interact directly with other Beta Force members and our Comodo product team in a special section of the forum that you will be granted access to.

Looking forward to your testing feedback!

Sincerely,

ESM Beta Team

The AV module is really strong now. Just tested against 35-40 links, and D+/Sandbox rarely came into play. The AV caught a vast majority of the malware. Only 2-3 were sandboxed. :-TU

is this problem has been fixed??? Comodo IS detects the virus.win32.virut.CE… but instead of removing virus …it tries to delete all the system files… the case is same with both CCE and CIS …

and i don’t see disinfect option in beta release… is it that CIS won’t try to repair infected file instead it will remove it??

Please add a set of hot keys for terminating all sandboxed processes.

for example:

Ctrl + Alt + F8

;D

No offline updates available in this version also. If this is going to be RC or Final, when can we expect Offline Updates, in CIS 6 ?

There are no changes with regard to this.

For the guy with problems in downloading from comodo site…

try to clean cookies and temps from your browser and from the windows dirs. Then try to download from cis again.

if youre on win7, go to c:\windows\temp and clean this folder. then go to c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp and clean this folder too.

now open the cmd (win xp, vista or seven) and put it:
ipconfig /release and enter
ipconfig /renew and enter
ipconfig /flushdns and enter

Reboot your system and try to download from comodo site.

if the problem persists, write here so we can try to figure out it and help you.

Currently there is a lot of work going on with the Comodo servers behind the scenes that can cause problems with updating the av database (and likely also other downloads from the various Comodo web pages).

Comodo staff is looking for people who are suffering from problems with updating the AV database and are willing to do some very simple testing.

The instruction are in this post in the Is there a problem with the Antivirus part of Internet Security updating topic.

Please report your findings there. That will very much help Comodo and eventually yourself.

when will be available the final release?

our new Head of AV Labs Igor has been working very hard to make it all happen and he has made great progress!

Igor reduced the base size from 190Meg to 80Meg, increased detection drastically and so on…

this is a great release and welldone to both AV, HIPS and CIS teams! This is an excellent release!!!

Melih

And what exactly changed in the AV in order to improve the detections? there is nothing related to this in the changelog.
There is any plan to participate in AVComparatives or we still need to imagine how good or bad the AV is?

Could you spill some beans on how that went down technically? (:NRD)

this is a great release and welldone to both AV, HIPS and CIS teams! This is an excellent release!!!

Melih

With reduced av database size, better detection and improved D+ to protect against the latest techniques used by malware I’d say CIS 5.8 may be the best we had until thus far… :■■■■

You are 100% spot on!

Could you answer to this?
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-582066942075-beta-released-t76203.0.html;msg546199#msg546199

Or can we assume that there is no improvement in the detections since there is nothing in the changelog and you have invented it?

Hello Melih
i have a question for you. Will valkyrie once its ready replace cima in making generic signatures and/or be used as the online behavior analysis

thanks for this amazing product

CIMA doesn’t make generic sigs.
And CIMA is a part of valkyrie, so there will be results from valkyrie as a from heuristics and CIMA i think.

im pretty sure cima makes the huer.suspicious sigs. i remember languy99 saying comodo uses cima to make sigs when suspicious behaviour is found

there was a better quote from him i remember but i cant find it

yes, it’s true, but they aren’t generic sigs :slight_smile: