COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA Released!

Any news about new features implemented in 5.8 and some final release date?

Doing a real review in VMware, unlike - YouTube

That video can be a running gag here at the forums. This reminds me, I should go test more of the 5.8 beta in virtualbox. (Yes I know virtualbox doesn’t handle CIS as nicely as vmware but I still like seeing how the new version protects a computer even if the protection isn’t at 100%)

stupid and fake review…

earned her 15 minutes of fame :-TD

■■■■, can’t install it on Windows DP. :cry:

Hi,

I submitted this as a bug before but i am not sure what it is. My Adobe Acrobat 10.1 did another minor update today and when it rebooted the COMODO Icon was yellow and the status windows said my “Program Manager” was not initialized please run diagnostics. I played with all the settings for about an hour, restarted CIS, rebooted about 5 times and nothing. Every time I tried to run diagnostics I got the UAC screen and said OK then the screen stayed dark and nothing else happens. I had to kill the CIS process to get back to my desktop.

The only other thing I could do is uninstall and reinstall CIS. That fixes everything.

I wonder if Adobe is corrupting one of the CIS drivers or files when it updates… I am just going to set it to never update and check for updates on the site manually.

I have a question. When the final version 5.8 will appear, cis 5.8 beta will automatically update the final versions? Or you have uninstalled the beta and installed the final version?

better install fresh installation…

I can respect that, as i have stated else where, I am biased to the testing that takes place with URL’s found on websites that can be watched and blacklisted… Real testing comes from production machines in a normal environment…

I would never update a beta to a final release, no offence to the web update developers, but I think a clean slate is the best way to install a production release.

I personally believe that unless they are working on the updater alone. Every new release of a beta and especially the final release should be done with a completely fresh installation. Between betas every single release could hold something drastically that may affect the entire program. Again just my opinion.

Roger

This Beta, So far, Is the smoothest and fastest CIS release ever made, Scanning was faster and No system slowdown was felt even while doing full scans. Two Thumbs up Comodo. :-TU :-TU

yes yes yes
I don’t need any other security software ever, this version addressed my main complain that was slowdown, I fail to catch any bugs so far, great RC/beta
after some tests I discovered that in my x64 system the protection is as good as with previous x86 system, I’ll buy the paid version when it come out just to show my support. :-TU

how close r we to a relese ???

Hey guys, I was reading up on ipv6 and I was wondering if the current release allows filtering of ICMPv6. If it is possible, could someone here help me set it up?

What a great improvement in the AV all i can say. :wink:

Is it possible to automatically upgrade from version 5.5.195786.1383 or require removal of the old version and install the new one?

You need to uninstall your current version first. Maybe it will be upgradeable for the final ???

Since you’re running the stable/public release it’s safe to upgrade using the in program updater. It’s probably also safe to use the updater when on a beta build to install the final version but most people suggest a fresh install.