COMODO Internet Security 5.8.202876.2065 BETA Released

any news or fix about the virus database update problem?

After clean installation and first update, latest AV database on my virtual machine is also 9712. ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, guys!

I’ve noticed strange AV behavior on VMware Player 3.1.3 with Windows XP SP2 32-bit.
No matter what AV scanner setting I choose (default alert with Clean or Do not show AV alerts with Block/Quarantine Threats) it always finishes the download of malware file.
Previous installation with v5.5 blocked it and deleted completely during download.
You can see 2 files sitting on Desktop although CAV blocked them…

Has anyone experienced similar problem?
Is the cause of this potential bug CIS or virtual machine?

BTW, is malware name on attached file “2.jpg” something new or its also some kind of bug (Malware[at]#340gtthc2v9bz)?

Thanx…

EDIT: When AV setting is changed from Stateful to On Access it works as it should…malware files are blocked and removed from system or quarantined…
Please, can anyone confirm?

FW - Dont Give Alerts - Allow - This allows only Outgoing or Incoming too.

Thanxx
Naren

What is Cloud Scanning in Manual Scanning?

I have a folder of Malware. I haven’t updated the database yet. If I check the Cloud Scanning in Manual Scanning & do a rightclick scan of this folder nothing is detected. On the other system with updated database CIS detects lots of malware in this folder. I was just trying if I go with cloud scan & not update the database, realtime scan is fine but manual scan doesn’t detects anything. Am I missing here anything?

Thanxx
Naren

Hi, guys!

I’ve noticed another strange CIS behavior on VMware Player 3.1.3 with Windows XP SP2 32-bit.
After I’ve changed appearance from default to Black Normal, alerts have moved from lower right to lower left corner of the screen and there is obvious GUI bug (check the width difference in middle part of alert color bar).
Returning to default appearance doesn’t solve it.

Has anyone experienced similar problem?
Is the cause of this potential bug CIS or virtual machine?

Hi Guys,

We have noticed a serious bug in the BETA yesterday. The bug can cause a lot of unclosed handles in many of the processes i.e. when you check number of handles per process from task manager, you will see some processes have alarmingly high number of handles.

This would ccause a lot of problems for most of you. So we have just updated build 2064 to 2065 with this fix. You may already be getting Update alerts. IF so, please update. The setup will be replaced with the new setup as well.

On different AV base verson between updated copies and new installations:

We havent started issuing AV updates for new 5.8 yet and we will be starting today. The latest availabl;e base version is 9712. However, when you UPDATE from previous BETA, we CONVERT the existing base to this new base format. Hence if you had a later version of the base, you will observe a higher base version because of the conversion during the binary update.

I am expecting new base updates should be available today. So nothing is wrong if you had different base versions.

I manually updated CIS but after restart it still says 5.8.202801.2064. ???

Thanks for the quick fix. How would that affect user’s systems? In the performance department or programs not behaving like they should?

The updater showed it only updated the guard32.dll; the verbose logging of the updater is a nice feature. :slight_smile:

Does it fix the breach described in Windows Security Center - FakeAV?

Things should be faster and not crash.

The updater showed it only updated the guard32.dll; the verbose logging of the updater is a nice feature. :) Does it fix the breach described in [url=https://forums.comodo.com/general-security-questions-and-comments/windows-security-center-fakeav-t74996.0.html]Windows Security Center - FakeAV[/url]?

this issue is being analyzed. We will see the problem first.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

this issue is being analyzed. We will see the problem first.

+100 For making Defense + strong as hell for all types of known attacks and malware :-TU :-TU
I hope you guys will fix it and other things… :wink:

Updated :).

I manually ran another (second) update and now it is on 5.8.202876.2065.
Everything is ok now.

Thanx!

In v6 killswithc will be added to CIS?
Would be nice to have it at least as a replace of the “View active process list” in D+ tab
And add a shotrcut via tray icon.

it took 2 updates for me as well, but now i seem to be on the correct version. i did notice a slowdown yesterday, now i know why. nice work comodo team! ;D

I can confirm this.

The first update only updated the guard32.dll and the second one the cfpver.dat which holds the version number. I think they forgot to add the cfpver.dat to the update and then had to make another update.

Don’t y’all love beta testing? :smiley:

Does anyone experience same bugs like I do on virtual machine?

;D Well pleased with this version…Icons sharp… back to black theme for me, much more polished look.Nice to see the data base shrink…well done Comodo…Bring on Valkyrie…and full virtualization…then frighten the living daylights out of the opposition In version 6!!!.

Regards
Dave1234.

Exactly.