COMODO Internet Security 5.5.195786.1383 Released!

Umm not sure if I’m using ARP myself. But I would like th ebest protection from hackers and enabling them would give me that.

No it’s the ARP which is blocking my internet disabling it would enable the connection then I have to manually enable it and doing that every time.

Two updates…each with a restart…works flawlessly as expected with my Vista 32bit laptop. I expect the same results on my Win 7 64bit systems as well. Thanx team COMODO! Without a doubt the best securities package available.

Upon installation I was told that I MUST uninstall my older version first ?!?! (words to that effect). Did that and restarted.

Installed the new version, restarted as required and database is up to date, have selected the custom firewall policy (I want to manually give permission to whatever to speak internet) but on 3 machines now I find the setting to be meaningless - I am not getting alerted and asked for any permissions when I run any software/app - eg - in the past Outlook required me to manually approve its communication the first time I used it after installation … now it doesn’t - it just sods off and go fetch my mail. Same goes for Firefox and IE

If there is a built-in white-list that is causing this behaviour I would really like for it not to be the default criteria as long as the custom firewall behaviour is chosen

Don’t forget ver 6 is in the works…

Josh

I also confirm disabling ARP protection fixes the internet issue… :-TU

If I remember correctly that was the exact same advise given when v5.4 was having problems when it was first released last month.

~Maxx~

That is correct, and it was fixed next week via normal update… :slight_smile:

i guess no

CIS shows 5.5 but Control Panel shows 5.4 version, is it ok?

WIN 7 64 SP1

Thanxx
Naren

Only needed one reboot here for Windows 7 x64 to get to 5.5.195786.1382. :-TU

Is cfp.exe bug (problems to sometime shutdown under WinXP SP3) fixed in latest version? I had it almost half year and it happens sometime even after clean reinstall WinXP. On turning off computer I have sometime “unable to shutdown cfp.exe” and should turn off PC with power button.

Automatic updater pop up offered “there are updates do you want to update”. Clicked Yes. After reboot I could not access my wireless network, had to system restore back to version 5.4.189822.1355, wireless network restored. Is there something obvious I’m missing as I would really like to upgrade to the new release.
Thanks
Clarion1

Disable ARP protection in Firewall Settings

Hi Naren. Same thing here, I do trust that it is working OK though.
Does anyone else that upgraded from V5.4 still see V5.4 in control panel programs but CIS More About shows V5.5? Thanks.

Same here, win xp sp3 32 bit (x86), updated, rebooted, checked and the version is 5.5.xxxxxx.1382, looked again for updates but it said that my version is up-to-date. So I guess now is just one reboot update… in my case anyways.
In win xp’s control panel doesn’t show cis’s version number but I’ve checked with Revo Uninstaller and there it sais is version 5.3… guess the explorer is somehow forbidden or having issues collecting info…

But what I’m grateful of, is that it seems they’ve fixed that darn issue with GameGuard accessing NvCpl.dll when playing a game that uses GameGuard for protection. Like less than a week ago I’ve sended a cfp crash report related to this issue, but did it via e-mail where I’ve attached the cis dump and config files, not using the UI method. So it seems that sending the bug reports to cfpbugs[at]comodo.com does the job alot faster…or it was already in the works and it was just a lucky shot.
Anyways, big THANK YOU to the devs, I hope my and many onther users problems with GameGuard games are over.

I updated my CIS yesterday without a flaw. I booted up this morning and Comodo had another update to do. Now I have 5.5.195786.1383. After the reboot it went from .1382 to .1383.

Just wanting to know if this is normal. ;D

Mine updated too. Required reboot.

Now at 5.5.195786.1383

Woot… same here, just now did an update check and it updated to 5.5.xxxxxx.1383 without asking for reboot.

I just updated to 1383 too. Whatever the update was it downloaded very quickly. Let’s wait for the change of the topic start to see what has changed.

With my Win 7 it required a reboot.

I would not worry about that. What CIS tells is what is installed. Updaters or updating with an installer sometimes forget to change the version number in the list of installed Software; just a minor shortcoming.