COMODO Internet Security 5.5.195786.1383 Released!

Hi Everyone,

I would like to announce the availability of COMODO Internet Security 5.5.195786.1383 for download.

The updates should already be available as of now. Please note, you will be receiving 2 updates. The first update is going to update the binary updater which is capable of updating version 5.4 clients to 5.5.

What’s New in version 5.5.195786.1383?

IMPROVED! WEB installer now supports more reliable installation experience e.g. support for resuming broken downloads
IMPROVED! Program updater now uses a new updating mechanism which reduces the update size significantly
IMPROVED! Minor GUI fixes and corrections
FIXED! Various incompatibilities between BO defense and various applications(e.g. games, windows applications etc.)
FIXED! License manager does not work properly when system time is modified
FIXED! Various crashes related to the antivirus engine

Download Locations:

COMODO Internet Security Premium
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 60M ( 62679504 )

COMODO Firewall
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cfw_installer.exe
Size: 60M ( 62682224 )

COMODO Antivirus
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cav_installer.exe
Size: 60M ( 62677488 )

Regards,
Egemen
Edit: Updated the build number

Running fine here :wink:

updated twice, both times asked for a restart…
all is well :-TU

How much time it takes to update? Coz here on WIN 7 64, first update went smoothly & after restart second update started, asked for password which I applied & then no sign of CIS in taskbar or on the screen? What should I do?

Edit - Haven’t yet asked for restart or anything visible. Its been 10 Mins.

Edit - TaskManager is only showing cmdagent.exe, not showing cfp.exe

Should I try to open CIS through start or restart the system or it may be updating files in the background?

Restarted & everything is fine. But why every upgrade of CIS schedules the weekly scans back when the user has deleted the task???

So far, I’ve had 2 failed attempts doing this update on W7x32.

I’m not really sure what is wrong since it’s done something slightly different each time. But, on each attempt, the first small update seemed to work just fine (confirmed by CFPUPDAT.EXE file version).

On the first attempt (2nd larger update) CFPUPDAT.EXE consumed high CPU copying SIGNMGR.DLL for about 20 minutes before I gave up & did a System Restore (most CIS files had been updated, but not SIGNMGR.DLL).

On the second attempt the 2nd larger update, again consumed high CPU… but, copying CMDAGENT.EXE this time. Also this time the update did not terminate CFP.EXE (which was still open & running) as before. Also, no CIS files were updated. After about 15 minutes of high CPU I gave up again & did another System Restore.

I’m now considering a 3rd attempt… unless someone can point out what I’m doing wrong. Please. :slight_smile:

UPDATE

I’m sorted on this now. Apparent resolution: Deleted *.tmp from [i]C:Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security[/i] (including sub-folders) and cleared [i]C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Data\TempFiles[/i]. Re-ran the update and all OK.

Big thanks to Vitaliy for the help! :slight_smile:

update done twice. all is fine but sandboxed browsers and internet apps still don’t work without virtualization.

Automatic updater popped up saying there are updates and asking if I want to update. Clicked “Yes”. After an unprecedentedly short period of time, the updater asked me to restart. After reboot, version number remains 5.4.189822.1355.

Now the automatic updater is asking if I want to update again. I’m going to try it again and see what happens.

FYI, “Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year”, as usual, makes no mention of the latest version. If someone (e.g. egemen) can post a message in the forums upon a new release, can’t some one just as easily modify the release notes web page? Or instead, have one of the programmers change the automatic updater’s “Update Details…” hyperlink to “https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis-b129.0/”? At least then users can review what’s new in the latest release.

Congratulations! :-TU
Nice gift for ID… :slight_smile:

I dont know the technicalities but here the second update downloaded fine & started updating files, then asked for password & when I provided password & clicked on apply, there was nothing related to update process on the screen, CIS too was not in the taskbar. I waited for 15 mins thinking it may be updating files in the background & after completion will ask for restart. But nothing came up so I clicked on CIS in the start menu & it was updated to the new version. Restarted the system & everything seems fine but dont know if it updated fine & fully or not??

Thanxx
Naren

First update for binary code showed up and did without problems. Second update did not showed up after 15 min so I went to " Check for updates " and did it. Downloaded it and installed in about 5 min, both time asked for reboot. :-TU

W7x32. Updated fine from 5.4 with two reboots as Egemen had said it would do. All running smooth with the only difference I could see being as Naren said the weekly scan was added back, and I feel as if the GUI is a bit more responsive. Est time 14min with two reboots. Est download going by my data usage 23MB.

Hi

When will you add for delete the TLL List see the younger CIS releases Threads

Can you say that the Roadmap to Version 6 Thank you very much

Any change in Defense+ protected files/folders/keys/etc?

May I import 5.4 saved settings, without problems or losing anything new, after uninstalling 5.4 and making a 5.5 “clean” installation? :-TU

After so long … Is that all? Really?

CIS said update was available. I applied the update, it downloaded very quickly and restarted the PC. Still it is showing the same version. I selected the check for updates manually, it again says update is available. I am trying again.

so i checked for updates and it found the update. it provided a link to the change log but again it was the wrong change log. why doesn’t comodo release the update and the new change log at the same time instead of showing old change logs for newer versions

old change log:

Hi Sivasuresh. Quote from Egemen first post in this Topic explains it.

The updates should already be available as of now. Please note, you will be receiving 2 updates. The first update is going to update the binary updater which is capable of updating version 5.4 clients to 5.5.
Kind regards.

Thanks

Sorry about that. It is 4th of July in USA so because of holiday, this happened. We didnt want to wait more to issue this release.