COMODO Internet Security 5.5.195786.1383 Released!

So yesterday I updated to 5.5195786.1382 (geeze their version numbers are stupid).

Now I’m told I need to update yet again.

Checked the release notes: Nada - in fact those notes refer to a version released in May!
Checked here: Nada!

Comodo is a great product but they need to keep their users better informed and test more thoroughly before releasing updates.

That’s my 2 cents worth.

:slight_smile:

The Release Notes on the web site are notoriously behind. :embarassed:

That’s really not good enough for such an important piece of software. Updating those notes should must become part of the process of releasing a new version and it should must be completed before the update is pushed to the users.

The Jefe has spoken :wink:

I couldn’t agree more.

On a side note. I am a moderator; a volunteer and not Comodo staff

I just had a quick update also, with reboot required.

I would not worry about that. What CIS tells is what is installed. Updaters or updating with an installer sometimes forget to change the version number in the list of installed Software; just a minor shortcoming.
Thanks Eric, I wasn't sure if to call it a bug or not. Thanks

!ot!

Yes, I noted that and much respect and kudos to people like you who generously take the time to help people like me. It really is appreciated.

:-TU

Updated won XP SP3 without a glitch, reboot needed. No popup for a second update, check for update told me my version is already up to date. Version 5.5.195786.1383
So now, the update is in one time and not like yesterday in 2 times or am I missing something?

Erm…
I’ve just had my in-program installer upgrade me to version 1383. I was on version 1355.

Didn’t need two reboots like this thread suggests (but haven’t read every page) so maybe on a roll.

I’d like to download this new beast in case of need to reinstall. Is the link at the start of this thread now version 1382 or 1383?

I bug-broke my last version twice, so hopefully I’ll be kinder with this one ;D

Guise, I have another update, what’s up?

Product Version: 5.5.195786.1383
Virus Signature Database Version: 0 9281

Using Comodo Antivirus @ work

Can I download this once and install it to my couple PCs now running 5.4?

The update yesterday was two times because of a change in the updater process:

[b]IMPROVED![/b] Program updater now uses a new updating mechanism which reduces the update size significantly
[quote="Qibbler post:68, topic:269313"] Erm... I've just had my in-program installer upgrade me to version 1383. I was on version 1355.

Didn’t need two reboots like this thread suggests (but haven’t read every page) so maybe on a roll.
[/quote]
That’s odd given the change in binaries as stated in the Release Notes. But that being said we still don’t know what the update from .1382 to.1383 is about.

I'd like to download this new beast in case of need to reinstall. Is the link at the start of this thread now version 1382 or 1383?

I bug-broke my last version twice, so hopefully I’ll be kinder with this one ;D

I would suggest to wait until the Release Notes are updated.

Can we get a definite explanation for why every single comodo update re-enables weekly virus scanning? Also great job on not providing a 64bit download link.

[quote]FIXED! Various incompatibilities between BO defense and various applications(e.g. games, windows applications etc.)
[/quote]
Anyone know if starcraft 2 is able to run without excluding it ?

Just been asked to update on XP SP3 version 5.5.195786.1383.

After first update asked to update again.

Comodo application agent not running.

Ran diagnostics, the diagnostics utility unable to fix.

Rebooted twice - Comodo application agent not running

Hi Guys,

We have changed the build number from 1382 to 1383.

What does this mean and why?

During the 2 stage update, some client computers received inconsistent executables with the update. Specifically, inspect.sys(WHQL certified version) has been received by some clients and this version was the version associated with the ARP protection and internet connection issues.

So if you get another update notification, you might get this file replaced as well as cfpver.dat file. For some of you, it will be only cfpver.dat which is simply the version information file while for some of you it will be 2 files.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Egemen

So this update will solve the ARP thing?
Just got home and got another update, will check and revert if ARP is fixed :-TU

EDIT: Yep, so far so good… :slight_smile:

Can you see what version numbers you have for cmdagent.exe in Comodo Internet Security installation and Repair folders?

At egemen. I am using the .1382 mod preview now updated to .1383. I noticed that in the CIS installation folder I have version .1320 for inspect.sys where I have version .1382 in the \repair\ and \system32\drivers\ folders. I assume I can safely overwrite the 1320 with the 1382 from the repair folder?

Hi EricJH

CIS folder:
Command Agent.exe - Version 5.5.64714.1382

Repair Folder:
Command Agent.exe - Version 5.5.64714.1382

Can you check the inspect.sys in the CIS installation folder, \repair, and Windows\system32\drivers\ folders?