COMODO Internet Security 5.5.195786.1383 Released!

Thanks Captain for the clarification. I actually read the forum post after trying to update.

Yes, this is very bad…

Whenever Comodo releases an update to CIS, they do not provide a change log in the main site, nor the link leads to a correct change log.
The actual change log will only be available in the forum.

Secondly,. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeee mention in the updates available dialog, the present version number and the new version number… Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee.

All working well here. 2 updates and 2 reboots. No problems XP32

John

Thanks alot, Comodo team :)))) installing it now.

Two reboots, it is working fine now…

The best part of it, my settings are not ruined, as it has always happened in the past.

Thanks Devs…

Indeed it was a two step process. It worked without a glitch on Vista.

At Naren. Please check the version number and let it run diagnostics.

The Update went off just fine but for some reason the firewall keeps blocking my internet connection after its done with the update the only solution that i found is to do a clean install. This has happened since the first of the 5 series has released months ago.The program is flawless at other times but when it comes to updating time it brings my internet connection to its knees. Is this normal.Would you suggest me to use the auto update or opt for clean install as im currently updating.Is it safe or am i compromising my system performance and security by re installing at every update. love this software its saved my ■■■ so many times :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If the version in about shows 5.5.x and if a ‘check for updates’ comes with ‘no updates’ then your are fine.
‘check for updates’ verifies the file hashes that belong to this version so even if one file would have failed an update it will be shown by ‘there are updates available’ and update again.

No, completely the same as in 5.4.x

May I import 5.4 saved settings, without problems or losing anything new, after uninstalling 5.4 and making a 5.5 "clean" installation? :-TU
Yes no problem. Make sure to check your Trusted Vendor List as that isn't part of 'export/import' even as 'proxy settings'.

When you update issued Error 0x80072efd. That this?

Vista SP2, Comodo Firewall 5.4.189822.1355

Firewall blocking internet connection ( try to disable the ARP cache ) :wink: ;D

What does it mean?
What should I do more?
How can I export/import my Trusted Vendor List (that anyway is the default one)? Doesn’t it come with the new installation? :-TU

An Export does not contain the Trusted Vendor List nor proxy settings, so doing a clean install gives you a ‘default’ TVL and no proxy settings (assuming you where using one else no issue).
It also doesn’t contain your Trusted Files or Unrecognized files list so that will start fresh also.

So as long as you didn’t ‘tweak’ your TVL there is nothing to worry about, you have the latest version after a clean install, but if you decided to remove a couple of vendors they will be back after a clean install.

Does disabling Block fragmented IP Datagrams help?

Is your internet connection working?

The update blocked my internet connection as well. This has become somewhat a habit in COMODO update.

As I have found typical with Comodo for almost 3 years now I did a clean installation of the latest v5.5.195786.1382 and everything went absolutely perfect! Keep up the good work Comodo!

~Maxx~

Edit- About 2 hours after installing the v5.5 Firewall I needed to do a system restore and afterward there was no longer any access to the internet. I reinstalled the v5.4 Firewall and internet access was immediately available again!

I went clean install the second time and the ARP cache protection is still blocking my internet.

Does disabling Block fragmented IP Datagrams help?

Two restarts later, and everything’s going okay on my PC.

Michael, with ARP cache protection set and the Internet not working can you post the results of a ipconfig/all on your system. I’m assuming that you’re using ARP’s yourself (thus the need for ARP protection), is that correct?

Is the gpCode vulnerability fixed for this version?