COMODO Internet Security 5.0.159634.1091 RC Bug Reports

IT is not a bug. It is a featur. You can not exclude a virus from a removable device. You have to use Trusted files if you trust the files.

?Can you please search for the folloowing files in your computer and attach them:

cfp.zip and cmdagent.zip.

Thanks,
Egemen

Do you have a hacked windows? some sort of a desktop patched version of Windows 7?

Or have you reoved everything from trusted software vendors?

There is NO other way that explorer.exe can not be recognized by all the systems we have in CIS unless it has been patched.

my explorer.exe file is the original one I have all the win 7 updates intalled. I will try in another computer.
If somebody has utorrent please try to do the same.

If I add explorer.exe in the trust list it dont appear.

Well you were in the discussion with me about this trusted vdemro option. Have you somehow removed all these vendors from your trusted sofwtare vendor list?

Here is the cfp.zip (From comodo V4)
I cant find any cmdagent.zip Only cmdagent.exe

If you want I can uninstall v4, install v5 and send you this cfp.zip also,
but it will be very painful as I cant save the config and I will have to reconfig everything from scratch.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Bambis. It would be more helpful if you can give me cfp.zip from CIS 5? Can you try to crash CIS and send me the version from CIS 5?

thanks,
Egemen

It will be very painful to reinstall comodo,
as I cant save the config and I will have to reconfig everything from scratch.

OK I ll do it… :cry:

Dear Egemen,
Please find attached the cfp.zip from v5

thank you very much. This means you were clicking on some keyboard key for doing something. Can you tell me how this happened?

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision

windows 7 pro 32

1. Other Security and Utility Software Installed

ccleaner cpm

1. Step by step description to reproduce the issue

fresh install of newest beta default settings and i am getting defense + alerts for a program that is not installed

1. How you tried to resolve the problem

no

1. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further

screenshot of the alert and the windows alert that the exe doesnt exist

1. Any other information you think that might be useful

no

1. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

fresh install default

I m just going to Manage my configurations , selecting export and giving a file name.
After that, if i press the [SAVE] button, comodo crashes !!

Also…
I have tried save to different directories with different names…

Does this happen all the time?

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
    Windows XP Home SP3 32bit

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
    Only CIS 5.0 RC1

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue

1. How you tried to resolve the problem
  1. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
    Attached

2. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
    Attached

3. Any other information you think that might be useful

1. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
    fresh install, Internet Security (Clean PC Mode)

1/ xp sp3
2/ only cis
3/ test malwares in the wild
4/ run MBAM :wink:
5/ No
6/

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1835/comodoq.th.jpg

Color windows, bug etc. (The same with the CIS update icon in task: is the v4 icon)

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6219/comodoq2.th.jpg

So a suspicous is not sandboxed?

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8951/comodoq3.th.jpg

Little more work :wink:

8/ Proactive 100%

Does this happen all the time?

sorry i forgot to mention. i recently just reinstalled windows 7 pro then the first thing i installed was cpm then i uninstalled i think the tablet pc input im not sure but it got rid of the file that defense + keeps popping up about.

i uninstalled the program first then later installed the first beta. i had the pop up ever since. i seem to only get them when i first boot my machine.

The sandbox alert will also respond when there is a start up key in the registry (with no file) for that program. Removing that may solve it. It is a known bug.

Other Security software: Avira AntiVir Premium

I have spotted two isssues:

1. Avira WebGuard had about 50 connections while browsing only 3 websites and having Yahoo! messenger opened. My internet connection dropped. I disabled WebGuard and everything went fine.

2. WebGuard disabled, Comodo Firewall 5 RC enabled, Firewall on Safe Mode, I tried to transfer some files via Yahoo! messenger. It failed everytime (6 attempts).

I disabled Comodo Firewall and transfer started to work.

I suspect either an incompatibility between Avira’s Webguard and Comodo firewall, either Comodo blocks my Yahoo! messenger transfers.