Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:
- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
- Other Security and Utility Software Installed
- Step by step description to reproduce the issue
- How you tried to resolve the problem
- Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
- Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
- Any other information you think that might be useful
- The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.
This format will be strictly moderated. If your messages do not convey this format, they are not going to be taken into account.
It’s very important to know what security profile your using and if you imported a previous config, and if you have changed settings from default, e.g. enabled “block all unknown requests if the application is closed” etc.
For those who observe freeze issues while doing a full scan:
Here is what you need to do in order o identify the problematic file while scanning:
1 - Disable Defense+
2 - Download Process Explorer from Process Explorer - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
3 - Run Process Explorer
4 - In Process Explorer, select View->Lower Pane View->Handles
5 - In Process Explorer Process window, click on cmdagent.exe
At this stage, in the lower pane, you should be seeing handles opened by cmdagent.exe. You are particularly interested in “Type File”
6 - Open CIS and Run a Scan → My Computer.
Wait until the scan hangs. When the scan hangs, you must go to Process Explorer and check the Lower Pane for open “File Handles”. One of those handles are causing this issue. Probably an archive file. Please indentify that file and let us know.