Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

This format will be strictly moderated. If your messages do not convey this format, they are not going to be taken into account.

It’s very important to know what security profile your using and if you imported a previous config, and if you have changed settings from default, e.g. enabled “block all unknown requests if the application is closed” etc.

For those who observe freeze issues while doing a full scan:

Here is what you need to do in order o identify the problematic file while scanning:

1 - Disable Defense+
2 - Download Process Explorer from Process Explorer - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
3 - Run Process Explorer
4 - In Process Explorer, select View->Lower Pane View->Handles
5 - In Process Explorer Process window, click on cmdagent.exe
At this stage, in the lower pane, you should be seeing handles opened by cmdagent.exe. You are particularly interested in “Type File”
6 - Open CIS and Run a Scan → My Computer.

Wait until the scan hangs. When the scan hangs, you must go to Process Explorer and check the Lower Pane for open “File Handles”. One of those handles are causing this issue. Probably an archive file. Please indentify that file and let us know.

Thanks egemen.

I have a question about the instructions to follow when the av freezes during a full scan.

Point 1. tells to disable Defense +. Is disabling D+ done by moving down the slider to disabled under Defense + Settings or does the "Deactivate Defense+ permanently(Requires a system restart) " route need to be followed?

I think making an exception on the CIS group custom policy to allow process explorer in memory access to CIS group files will do the job. I did that and used the slider, but I don’t think the slider was necessary.

Moving the slider down is the simplest way. It will simply disable D+ so that you can attach to cmdagent or any other CIS process.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 64bit

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: CPM

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: when I installed CIS I choosed the swedish language, but that didnt work. Instead the default english language is what I got. I simply dont get the swedish language to work.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem: I tried to switch back ad forth between lanuages, but that didn´t help.

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: -

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: -

7. Any other information you think that might be useful:-

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: default profile.

W7 x64

Microsoft SE (beta)

After updating from beta to RC (with autoupdate) en reboot, everything appears to be normal but I can’t do a scan. As soon as I try to start a virus scan I get the following error: “Update Failed. Antivirus Engine is not initialized!”

Rebooted again, didn’t solve it. Did not try re-install yet.

/

/

/

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes that’s by design for the moment, it doesn’t tell the state the settings are in.
It tells you all other subsystems are active and running.

Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit, admin account, UAC disabled.

No other security software.

a.) I use English language in V5 but contains Hungarian language in traces. (my Vista is Hungarian)
d1.jpg

b.) Slow Main GUI reaction time. D+ show a unrecognized file. I remove the unrecognized file, however stay visible for a while at counter.

c.) D+ “Training Mode” is not working properly, will not be silent, comes the D+, sandbox
pop-ups like in “Safe Mode”.

d.) D+ blocks the (trusted) IObit Smart Defrag at every Windows startup. “Block all unknow requests…” is disabled. (checkbox is empty)
d2.jpg

e.) “Stealt Port Wizzard” window bug in Hungarian language.
d3.jpg

N/A

N/A

See below.

N/A

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
Not imported, installation default.
Proactive, Safe, Safe, Sandbox enabled, AV stateful.

About blocked access, that tool is trying to access CIS processes in memory. Thats why it is blocked. the only way to prevent this is to add exceptions to COMODO Internet Security in computer Security Policy.

I tried with my Win 7 x86. I first switched to Dutch (worked) then to Swedish and it would show English. I tried another time and English came up when choosing Swedish. It looks like they put the English language where the Swedish should be.

The IObit has been included in the list. Look at the picture. (Megbízható alkalmazás = Trusted application)
Unfortunately, this does not help. 88)

In your screenshot it’s also showing siw.exe as being scanned online and found malicious. SIW is not a malicious program at all.

You need to add it to the exceptions.

you’re a risky man! You use 2 beta products on your computer.

but may be can you tell me why do you have MSE (stand alone antivirus) and CIS with AV.

Don’t you know the golden rule that you shouldn’t have 2 AV products on your computer?

The interface is just crashing.
The icon disappears.
Running CIS again returns both.

Please follow the bug reporting format.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Signature.
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Signature.
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: setting a file as trusted in the sandbox.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: run CIS again. The services aren’t killed, just the interface and icon.
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: can’t do that as I use CTM.
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: there isn’t any.

There must be a cfp.zip file that is the result of this crash. Can you please search for that file in your disk and send attach it too?

thanks,
egemn

As has been mentioned you need to disable one or other of your ‘real time’ AVs otherwise issues like you’re experiencing are highly likely.