COMODO Internet Security 5.0.159634.1091 RC Bug Reports

The slow unpacking of .tar and .rar files originally reported here:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-501573021066-beta-bug-reports-t60015.0.html;msg423482#msg423482

And here:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-501573021066-beta-bug-reports-t60015.0.html;msg423620#msg423620

Seems to have been resolved in this current RC release! Great work guys! :-TU

I saw the same error message, but I don’t know exactly when it was displayed, for it was behind other windows.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3
2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
?
4. How you tried to resolve the problem

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
Attached
6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
Attached
7. Any other information you think that might be useful

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
Clean install, no settings imported or changed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Comodo AV get stuck (and consuming about 100% CPU) analyzing the exe of UMDGen 4.0

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: None
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Trying to extract from 7z or opening the folder where the executable is.

Please add additional information as described in sticky topic How to determine which file is causing a manual scan to hang.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision : windows 7 x64
    i have only installed firewall.
    upon entering windows error pops out from daemon tools that SPTD is not installed.
    and daemon tools dont work
    made sure that sandbox is disabled and daemon tools is on trusted list.tryed installing latest sptd v1.72,after uninstaling firewall daemon tools works again and sptd loads succesfuly
  5. Any other information you think that might be useful
    https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t55904.0.html;msg393489
    WinXP SP3 (32bit)

AVAST 5

0. CIS without Antivirus

1. Try to install Scilab 5.3.0 b2 (about 105MB), you can download it from Scilab
    2. Wait about 2 minutes, figure1 popup, can not operate any button
    3. then figure2 appear
    4. then figure3 appear
    5. then figure3 disappear, can not operate any button in figure
    6. wait about 1 minute, figure1 disappear.

7. Any other information you think that might be useful

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

No, the only setting that I changed was the Proactive Profile and Create rules for safe applications (FIREWALL)

Explorer.exe is always trusted and only appears as unrecognized file when I launch it from utorrent.
I have try to do the same with jdownloader and also sandboxed explorer.exe (jdownloader was not sandboxed). So seems that every time that explorer.exe is launched by application it’s automatically sandboxed. JDownloader.org - Official Homepage

When I start the computer explorer.exe is running and it’s not appearing as a sandboxed process or unrecognized file.
Maybe is a very particular issue but if nobody else can reproduce the same problem maybe is not very important.

windows 7 64bit
    no
    Had alcohol running, but after installing comodo 5 rc the services stoped, and it didn’t allow me to install it again. When I tried to install alcohol I/ve got an internal setup error
    Yes, by disabling CIS but that didn’t work
    n/t
    n/t

1- Win XP home

2- GesWall, CTM

3- CFP Defence Plus in proactive security, paranoid mode, AV and Sandbox disabled, any execution from *\Recycler* set to Ask rather than default Block

Inserted a USB memory stick with conflicker worm in it, and opened the USB stick. There was no alert about .vmx file bing executed. Rather it showed rundll32.exe being executed by shell32.dll.
This bug must be fixed.

4, 5- None

6- See Pics

7- None

8- CIS in Proactive Security, with paranoid settings, sandbox disabled, explorer.exe set to Ask on each execution, rather than default allow. Any execution from *\Recycler* set to Ask rather than default Block

1- Win XP home

2- GesWall, CTM

3- CFP Defence Plus in Internet Security, safe mode, AV disabled, Sandboxed Enabled, Removed the rule that blocks any execution from *\Recycler*

Inserted a USB memory stick with conflicker worm in it, and opened the USB stick. There was an baloon alert about shell32.dll being sandboxed. The log showed .vmx fiile was also sandboxed but CIS gave no baloon alert about .vmx file being sandboxed.

Can this be fixed?

4, 5- None

6- See Pics

7- None

8- CFP Defence Plus in Internet Security, safe mode, AV disabled, Sandboxed Enabled, Removed the rule that blocks any execution from *\Recycler*

I already attached the file which is causing the hang. Anyway here is a screenshot of process explorer showing handles.

Can you please switch Process Explorer to “Show details for all processes” it looks like it hasn’t got enough permissions to read the handles.

OK, done.

Why are you waiting before answering? It times out when you wait.

Can you please send me that USB image compressed? Let me test,

Hello,

[Edit from mouse: this is possibly a guard32.dll / Guard64.dll issue. Disabling these files solved the problem is a previous version 4.x of CIS]

I found one “bug” with “WinSSHD 5.19” I explain the problems in this “post”
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t51432.0.html;new;topicseen#new

• Windows 7 Pro x64
  1. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  • Avaste 5 free (without this program, Comodo has always bug)
  • Malwarebytes 1.46 (without this program, Comodo has always bug)
  1. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    -In my post https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t51432.0.html;new;topicseen#new

2. How you tried to resolve the problem

• Yes, OK with “WinSSHD 5.09” and litle modified explained in my post, not with “5.12 (or 5.13) to 5.19” !
  1. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  2. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  1. Any other information you think that might be useful
  • My English is very bad, but I can do tests for you IF you ask me simple sentences with clear … so I can translate with “Google”

The moderator “Mouse1” is already aware of this bug.

Stephane

Dear Egemen,
Do you think you can find anything about my problem?

I have set up everything from scratch again (from v4 to v5) and I have no backup from my configuration.

(Thanks in advance)

I reported this during the first beta, but it was never address. It is a universal bug that occurs when you try to access a blocked file via explorer. For example: file.exe is blocked by COMODO, if I right-click on the file in explorer, explorer will freeze.

Nelle foto della versione “alpha” ricordo che nella schermata del programma in basso a sinistra c’era la versione database dei virus e la versione di CIS installata, come mai nella RC sono spariti? a mio parere era molto utile.

Ho notato inoltre che se si attiva da preferenze “Mostra Clip dei messaggi” si è invasi da messaggi sull’ aggiornamento AV anche quando il PC non è connesso ad internet.

https://forums.comodo.com/italiano-italian/cis-2011-alpha-version-preview-t59003.0.html

• Windows 7 64 bit
  • No other security programs
  • Configuration set to Comodo proactive Security
  • No imported rules

Problem: the file “Ctfxhlp.exe” from creative technology still gets sandboxed even though its a trusted file.