COMODO Internet Security 5.0.159634.1091 RC Bug Reports

What happens if you put this executable(s) to the trusted files list manually?
And please post a complete report, devs don’t have time to go and search/find you previous post about this…

Nothing changes.The file is there.What complete report do you want?I have no time either.

edit:to report the same things over and over again.Why we report them, then?

OK, I’m gonna do it again and when it’s not fixed in the next release, what then?Again full report?

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision—Win7 x 64 ultimate
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed----no
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue—When i try to start skype.exe, CIS always asks me what to do.Skype.exe is added to the trusted files, yes.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem----n/a
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any----n/a
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further----attached
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful-----n/a
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

1. Windows XP 32 - Service Pack 3

2. None

3. The option “Trust the applications digitally signed by Trusted Software Vendors” in Defense+ general settings is missing. :o

4. N/A

5. N/A

6. Options in V5 Beta and V5 RC

7. No

8. Proactive security profile - updated from V5 beta (1079)
    (FW : on access - D+ : paranoïd - FW - custom - SB : disabled)

Thanks

Same here.

I’ve been running MSE along side Comodo for years now, worked fine until this RC release.
And why? Because MSE picks up way more than Comodo AV.
Anyway, I disabled MSE and the problem persists. I’ll try to uninstall it and see if that solves the problem.

Edit: had to uninstall MSE completely and re-install CSS. Let’s hope the new Comodo AV will do a proper job.

Quote from: abrasive on August 16, 2010, 05:37:26 AM On every boot I make a popup alerts me that Comodo has isolated nvvsvc.exe. Every time I click Don't isolate it again, but it always reappears. If I try to manually add it, Comodo says that the program is already added as a safe file although it's not.
  1. Windows 7 x64
  2. None
  3. Boot up a system with NVIDIA display drivers installed.
  4. Reinstall the driver with Sandbox disabled and Defense + profile set to Training mode.
  5. I use the 258.96 WHQL version of NVIDIA display driver.
  6. My standard config is: Antivirus - Stateful, Firewall - Custom Policy (Alert to all incoming and outgoing traffic), Defense + - Safe Mode, Sandbox - Enabled.
    No config imported, did a clean install.

Similar problem with explorer.exe already reported 2 times but not fixed in this RC

1. Windows 7 x64
  2. None
  3. I make right click on a torrent file inside utorrent I make click on “open containing folder” and I get the popup “explorer.exe” is an unrecognized files and has been sandboxed as Limited…
    I press dont isolate again but is appears everytime I open a torrent folder using utorrent interface.
  4. Proactive securty profile and sanbox limited.

See something new from the whislist and not only fixes would be nice.

And so? How to follow this?

The ball is now in the devs court. When they need our help or assistance they will ask in the topic of send a pm.

Can you verify if uTorrent is running outside the sandbox, if uTorrent is sandboxed then all it starts is also sandboxed, maybe that causes the explorer.exe issue?

Thanks. Better a PM because this thread is difficult to follow your own bug…

Utorrent 1.6.1 is running out of the sandbox

New bug.I try to add a file from DVD to exclusions, because CIS every time detects it as malware.I’m adding it, but CIS keeps detecting it every time i open the folder.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
Windows 7 x32 in VirtualBox

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
None

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
I downloaded one malware which is detected by CAV. I scanned this malware with manual scanning. CAV detected the malware. I clicked “Clean” button, and CAV deleted it. But CAV said “Not all the threats have been removed.” So it deleted the malware application but it said it was not removed.
And when I checked AV Events, CIS said “Success” for it.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
Done
7. Any other information you think that might be useful

8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

As I said the ball is in their court. We wait for their questions. No need to chatter:

You may well find that they do co-exist without any noticeable issues,but my point is don’t be surprised if an update to either causes major,or minor problems since they are not designed to run in that manner.

Ok, to inform you all, Ive got modified driver (cmdguard.sys) from doskey which should solve crashing problem, Im playing now with CIS in various “treat as:” modes and no system crash for now with new driver, if something goes wrong I will let you all know
:slight_smile:

I added all exceptions, but has no effect. :-\

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
WinXP-32-SP3

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
McAfee Antivirus

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
I am selecting Manage My configurations - Export,
and comodo crashes:

A Window pops up saying:
“Ooops you have just found a bug in Comodo internet security. It needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.”

And then another one saying:
“Comodo internet security has encountered a problem and needs to close.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem
I Disabled McAfee
I tried to remove comodo v4, reboot, reinstall, reboot, and try again,
but the problem still appears.
Then I tried to remove comodo, reboot, install v5, reboot, and try again,
but the problem still appears.

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
A Window pops up saying:
“Ooops you have just found a bug in Comodo internet security. It needs to close.

And then another one saying:
“Comodo internet security has encountered a problem and needs to close.

7. Any other information you think that might be useful
I had the same problem with Comodo 4.1.150 and I thought that v5 might solve it.

I am using proactive security,
Safe mode,
Fresh install (No import)