COMODO Internet Security 3.9.95478.509 Released!

Hi Guys,

We are very excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security 3.9.95478.509 has just been released! This release addresses many bugs and brings some enhancements.

Enhancements like: Faster realtime virus scanning, fewer number of defense+ popups, BOClean integration.

What’s New in 3.9.95478.509?

THANKS! COMODO would like to thank the BETA testers and the translators, whose invaluable efforts made this release possible.
NEW! Multilingual Support: CIS now supports other languages
NEW! Stateful File Inspection for Realtime Virus Scanner
NEW! Integrated In Memory Virus Scanner(i.e. Integrated BOClean)
NEW! LivePCSupport is provided as a 30 Day Trial
IMPROVED! Default popup layout changed to the basic layout in order to encourage the use of it
IMPROVED! Stronger Defense+ protection: New types of defenses are added e.g. Clipboard logging, Keyboard input blocking etc.
IMPROVED! Keyboard and Screen access alerts are improved and number of false positives are reduced
IMPROVED! Stronger Defense+ protection while the Windows is Booting/Shutting down
IMPROVED! Stronger Default Firewall policy in order to better hide from attackers(Thanks to feedback from our forum moderator Ronny)
IMPROVED! Configuration Management window is changed
IMPROVED! Submission functionality for the Quarantined items added
FIXED! Avntivirus heuristics does not detect some files properly
FIXED! Defense+ BO protection incompatible with Spy Swepper virus scanner.
FIXED! CIS does not validate digital certificates properly
FIXED! CIS blocks some application from being executed
FIXED! BSOD while CIS is being uninstalled
FIXED! CIS does not detect some types of shellcodes upon a BO attack
FIXED! CIS erroneously reports buffer overflow attacks for some applications under certain circumstances
FIXED! CIS does not scan specially created RAR files properly (http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/34737, first reported by Thierry Zoller)
FIXED! CIS creates duplicate file name entries for some protected file access alerts
FIXED! Right click scanner reports “Antivirus Engine is not initialized”
FIXED! Threatcast registration does not work properly(This bug caused some users unable to see TC statistics)
FIXED! CIS occasionally crashes while submitting the files
FIXED! CIS firewall drivers sometimes cannot be restored by the diagnostics utility
FIXED! CIS did not scan NTFS streams during manual scanning
FIXED! Windows Logon Screen is shown when CIS is installed under certain circumstances(Windows created a password bug)
FIXED! CIS causes system performance to degrade after prolonged time of network data transfer
FIXED! System freezes and BSODs while D+ is learning file system actions

The fololowing languages have been included with this release:
Arabic Brazilian Chineese(Simplified) Chineese(Traditional) Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Finnish French German Italian Japaneese Polish Portugeese Romanian Russian Slovak Swedish

We have not received any translations for the following languages and hence not included them in this release:
Spanish Hungarian Croatian Norwegian Turkish Greek Indonesian Finnish Hebrew Persian Korean Catalan
Serbian Ukrainian

Please fell free to contact with me if you are ready to join translations efforts for the languages not included in this release.
This is the location where we discuss the translations: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/please_post_your_finished_translations_here-t37348.0.html

Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):
1 - Do I have to uninstall the previous versions of CIS(e.g. 3.8 ) to get this version?
No. Automatic updater is going to do the job for you. However CIS 3.5 users will have to uninstall those versions and reinstall this version because of the huge download requirements.
2 - I updated it but the automatic updater reported updates again. Whats going on?
This is expected. If you are updating from CIS 3.8, there will be a 2 stage update. First update is going to update the automatic updater and make sure it can update to CIS 3.9. Then the second update is going to make sure that update to CIS 3.9 is completed.
3 - Is BOClean integrated into CIS now? Do I still need BOClean if I have CIS 3.9?
Yes BOClean is integrated in CIS 3.9 and no you do not need BOClean if you have CIS 3.9 installed. However you MUST install COMODO Antivirus and enable realtime scanning. If you install firewall only, you may keep the standalone BOClean. However BOClean support will be stopped by 26th May 2009.
4 - I dont see my languge in the supported languages. Why?
First of all, we would like to thank all of our volunteers who made those translations for CIS. Because this is a volunteer work, at the time of this release, we might not have had the volunteers for that particular language. Or sometimes even if there are volunteers, their schedules may not match the release schedule of CIS.
This is the location where we discuss the translations: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/please_post_your_finished_translations_here-t37348.0.html
5 - Which languages does this release support?
In this release, we have officially translated Chineese(Simplified) and Russian versions in house. The other languages are translated by our volunteer users. For the full list please check above.
6 - Does this multilingual support mean that COMODO provides email/phone support in these new languages too?
No. COMODO offers phone/email support only in English(For paid products only). However our forums have international boards which can allow you to get help in your own language.
7 - I was a beta tester. Do I have to uninstall the BETA and reinstall this version?
The automatic updater will update yours too. But a reinstall is always better than this for BETA versions.
8 - Will automatic updates change my existing settings?
Automatic updates will not change your existing settings. This means it will not add the small changes in the new default firewall policy. But this can be overcome by using Stealth My Ports Wizard.
But please note that because of the optimizations in this version, if you do a clean install, you can get a faster and a more compact D+ policy while CIS learns your existing settings in a new way.

Download Locations:
32-Bit Setup

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.9.95478.509_XP_Vista_x32.exe
Size: 72.2 MB (75,755,808 bytes)
MD5: 6f0110e28854142cfdc26572781d6534
SHA1: b374856819294b23e8663f8434407b0bf3bbbd7a

64-Bit Setup

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.9.95478.509_XP_Vista_x64.exe
Size: 73.7 MB (77,369,632 bytes)
MD5: 70db4a9cae82387c0e23cfeffe34d62b
SHA1: 82490b8dc390cc76d8a2c59581cc127ebebd516e

Edit: Build 508 is replaced with build 509 which is the latest.

Edit: 509 addresses system freezes and BSODs some users may be experiencing. You do not need to reinstall anything. Automatic update will do this simple update for you.

Regards,
Egemen

first to reply

just updated and all seems run ok! 10x alot comodo team :-TU

http://www.kppsp-wschowa.xip.pl/2006/images/stories/szampan_strzal.jpg
Great Job Comodo!

Niiiiiiiiiiice!

I have version 3.8.65951.477 running on Vista 64 bits and have tried to force the update many times using the misc. Check for update function but it always says no update available.

??

I have managed to download the new version from the link provided. Can I just run the install file or would I have to uninstall 3.8 first?

Thanks,

Egemen, you had said that this feature will be discontinued from the future versions. So, is this the one? [quote author=egemen link=topic=38737.msg280592#msg280592 date=1241541381]
You mean loading a DLL into memory? CIS is not supposed to or even designed to detect if you load a DLL into the process space of an application normally(without hooking or memory injection) except for rundll32.exe(Even this is going to change in the future versions).

By setting image execution control to aggressive and adding *.dll to execution list, you can receive alerts for DLLs but this is not really recommended/intended to be used and we will discontinue this ability in the future versions.

However, if you have a way to execute a standalone executable and bypass the image execution control, that means a flaw and let me know.

I would like to thanks all translation volenteersand of course the Comodo developers for their amazing work :-TU

Xan

WEE finally :smiley: :smiley:

downloading it now :-TU

EDIT:

The antivirus in CIS 3.8 says theres malware in CIS 3.9…

Update from beta to final thru updater and running smooth, thanks

:-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

hmm, just one thing, what is sweedish? :slight_smile: ??? ???

(swedish) 8)

edit: corrected one thing.

[quote author=metalforlife link=topic=39202.msg284191#msg284191 date=1242229892]
Egemen, you had said that this feature will be discontinued from the future versions. So, is this the one?

Nope. IT is still there. Not in the near future.

It will take some to time get updates syncronized with all of the servers. Eventually, you will get the updates.

Thanks for the large release notes post :-TU

Guy’s if you are coming from beta/rc release please note your AV update path is still AV/beta39 you have to correct that manually for your profile in the registry.

I have done a nice automatic update from 3.9.x.502RC2 to this release and all seems fine except my av UpdatePath registry key’s… Running Vista SP1, Enterprise, x32 here.

Will go for the 3.8.x → 3.9.x conversion now and see what happens :wink:

OK, thanks.

Thanks to the Comodo staff and all the beta testers! (:CLP)

Typo needs an edit.

Could someone provide a link for where to find the User Guide when it is available? I downloaded the one for v3.8 a few months ago, but I don’t know from where.

Congratulations on the release and thanks for the hard work put into it. The testing period has been long so I am expecting a smooth transition for the people upgrading from 3.8.:-TU:-TU:-TU

Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the large release notes post Thumb Up

Guy’s if you are coming from beta/rc release please note your AV update path is still AV/beta39 you have to correct that manually for your profile in the registry.

I have done a nice automatic update from 3.9.x.502RC2 to this release and all seems fine except my av UpdatePath registry key’s… Running Vista SP1, Enterprise, x32 here.

Will go for the 3.8.x → 3.9.x conversion now and see what happens

Update paths are now hardcoded in binaries, so nevermind registry values for it.

Thanks
-umesh

I have just updated. So far so good :wink:
Thank you Egemen and your team. Keep up the good work (:CLP) :ilovecomodo:

great version