COMODO Internet Security 3.5 BETA Released [CLOSED]

Running right now, smooth and light like a cloud. Have to say you’re done a great piece of software. Keep it going (:LOV)

It killed my test lappys internet connection right away ;D After two reboots it somehow fixed itself. Running very light :-TU

Installed like the old CFP and now runs with a very small footprint.

It is amazing how light it is. No problems here.

Thanks COMODO

I have some questions.

Does CAVS3 have the BOclean definitions or is that planed for a later more stable release?

I understand CIS has a new version of CFP3, what changes were made?

When will CAVS3 become a stand alone client?

CIS rocks so far! I haven’t noticed any thing bad so far and its running smoothly for me. My only complaint is that it has minimal options on what to do to a virus that has been detected.

And Melih was right, this scanner is very fast.

Detection will continually improve next 12 months to get us to be one of the best!

Melih

Operatin systems supported being?

XP/VISTA 32 & 64bit.

Josh

Would you venture a guess on your current non-heuristic detection rate when compared to other virusscanners(assuming their heuristics disabled too)

Is the virus bug icon supposed to continually flash in the main screen? (Vista home premium x86)

Hi Guys.

Bug Report thread made. Please post all Bug Reports & FP’s here:

Thanks.
Josh

how can you ever calculate a detection rate? We catch all of the malware that we know of :slight_smile:
All the ones that we don’t know of, we let D+ prevent them!

Melih

Sounds reasonable. Any easy way to send samples?

Is it just me or is or is D+ in CIS more quiet? It does not seem to nag me as much as when I used it with CPF a while back.

Great answer :slight_smile:

Do you add to the database based on what users send in and the webcrawlers find or do you also use the big virus warning sites?

small samples just email me.
large samples pls upload somewhere if you can and email me the link.
thank you for your support
Melih

Yes - It doesn’t! Thanks for the AV! :slight_smile: Some things like Defense+\Advanced\Defense+ Settings\Monitor Settings aren’t ticked - Because the AV Covers them, Therefore, Making CFP 3 quieter. D+ is still there!! What CAV 3 misses D+ will Prevent! :slight_smile: The Security is well balanced.

Josh

All of the above. We also work with great people who constantly send us new samples they come accross as well as we get over 40,000 files submitted by firewall users and some malware in them too. We built CAMAS (Comodo Automated Malware Analysis System) that identifies malware using heuristic which will help us expand our detection drastically.

Melih

We did say, we wanted security first, then we would bring usability! This is the first step in usability!

Melih

I had very high expectations, and so far they have been exceeded. I am anxious to get this up and running on some of my other machines. Good work guys!

Thank you. We really appreciate it! For us, this is just the start btw!

Melih

Hello,

Seems to be improving, cheers for that. Any changelog for the firewall? Fixes, features?

And, errr, is it going to stay like this (attachment)? And Defense+ tab still visible with Firewall option only?

[attachment deleted by admin]