COMODO Internet Security 3.5.61373.458 BETA Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Have you tried Training Mode for Defense+?
This is the recommended way to configure it for games.
See Defense+ Settings in Help.

John

:ilovecomodo:

everything works fine just:

No Threatcast rating is available at the moment

is this a bug or …

:THNK

Yep. I tried all that. I even selected Disabled on D+ and the Firewall but something in this build was blocking access from the CD rom and the BF2 pgm. When I uninstalled CIS beta, it worked perfectly. Maybe this had something to do with ThreatCast, memory firewall or the heuristics? There was no entries in the logs also for D+, FW or the AV. Very frustrating.

Ice

1- Windows XP SP3 32bit

2-
http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/1/17/sirio/t_9m_c1b0820.png

3- I have put the D+ in Paranoid Mode, Configuration Proactive Security, Firewall Custom Policy Mode. I have started IE7 for the first time and I have answered Allow putting the flag on Remember my answer but the D+ it doesn’t memorize my answers. This only happens with IE7, the answers for the other applications are memorized.

4-

5-

6-
http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/1/17/sirio/t_2m_b95970d.png

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/1/17/sirio/t_7m_dcfd658.png

7-

8-

Duplicate Enties in D+ Policy When Using Groups

Windows XP SP3, 32 bit, realtime superantispyware, realtime avira, Boclean.

I reported something similar here with comodo files, but it appears to also happen with user defined files (see pic). It seems to me that there should only be ONE entry per program in the policy list. Comodo files should be defined so that the activity is KNOWN, and a new entry in the policy list (and a D+ alert) is not necessary. And if a user is presented with a D+ alert because the behavior of a program is different from the behavior he/she assigned to the group, then the D+ alert should allow you to either 1) re-define the behavior of only that one program, remove it from the group, and defined it separately, or 2) Re-define the behavior of the entire group to match what you have set for the individual program. Having 2 different policy entries for the same program seems illogical. Maybe I don’t understand how this “group” thing is supposed to function…but it seems rather ambiguous. Is this a bug? or is it just another issue that needs to be made more intuitive for the average user?

2nd pic is example of more multiple CIS entires in D+ policy list (see updated list of Comodo files below)

Edit (1/17/09)
Comodo files dupilicated on the D+ policy list (so far):

• cfpupdate.exe
  • cfpsbmit.exe
  • cpf.exe
  • cfplogvw.exe

[attachment deleted by admin]

1. Vista 32-bit SP1

2. Only CIS beta

3. When downloading and applying updates the pop-up box says:

“Checking for the updates” and “Applying the updates”

1. GUI of the update dialogue box is the Vista standard one.

2. I still (also got it in the previous full release) get the message that updates are available when there aren’t (after every reboot usually).

Details I know, but details also count (:KWL)

While I agree that getting an AV alert for an object and then getting a Defense+ alert for the same object can be confusing, I actually meant that I have, on several occasions so far, had to select IGNORE ->ONCE in an AV alert several times for the same object. As soon as you select IGNORE->ONCE, the exact same AV alert appears for the exact same object from the exact same location. Very annoying and this will be very confusing to users.

Ewen :slight_smile:

While I see your point, I don’t think duplicates to Ignore Once should be suppressed except perhaps when they are immediately back to back – I can think of cases where I might want to allow an application to do something once but not again.

John

+1 but this was a case where the EXACT AV alert appeared four times in immediate succession , requiring four IGNORE->ONCE selections before the referenced application was allowed to start.

I’ve only had one instance of where there were four successive alerts, but have had at least three instances of having to to select IGNORE->ONCE and then imediately having to reselect it again for the same detected object.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Panic, during my brief roadtest, I noticed somewhere an ignore once and a ignore permanently
Cheers man :■■■■
Xman

Importing your saved settings from the official release was your problem (it changed the registry settings for the DB update).

Check these registry settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\0\AV\Settings

Also check: \1\AV\Settings
\2\AV\Settings
\3\AV\Settings
\4\AV\Settings

UpdatePath has to be: av/updates (for the last final release) or
av/beta/updates (for the beta release)
UpdateURL has to be: http://download.comodo.com/

WXPPSP3, Avira PE Classic (real-time), a-squared and MBAM (on-demand). Just rebooting the system, and cmdagent crash. I can’t fix it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

It’s missing the others predefined firewall policies (web browser, ftp client).

I’ve never had the opportunity to submit a file before through the CIS program. When I found a few files with this latest beta, I decided to add them to the submit files list. I found that I can’t add them because the dropdown only lists specific files (exe, com, dll, cpl, etc.). There should be “All Files” in the list. One of the files I wanted to submit was a .bpl and the other was an .rar. Are only certain files permitted to be sent for suspicion? Just curious… ???

Well, these predefined policies are not missing. They just aren’t displayed in Predefined Firewall Policies window so you can’t edit them but still you can use them in Network Security Policy and when a proper firewall alert pops up.

[b]To be precise three of six predefined policies are not displayed in Predefined Firewall Policies window:

• Blocked Application
  • Ftp Client
  • Web Browser[/b]

I can confirm this bug.

WinXP x32 sp3 all patches.

fOrTy_7:

Sorry, but as for me these options is disappeared. I can not use them because they do not show up (for example, FF, Opera, IE, RSS Bandit, etc.). Later, I can not change the choice too. Tell me, how do I use them, if I do not have access to them? I do not have access to them in the Network Security Policy.

PS. Sorry for my English.

Win 7 Beta build 700
Acer aspire one

CIS no other sec suite.

Sumary screen take forever to refresh trafic.
IExplorer 8 took forever to appear as an active outbound connection.

It also happens with Skype, Windows live messenger while for Windows player 11 are not remembered any voices: Interprocesses Memory accesses, Computer Monitor, Disk and DNS Client Service.

Hi guys, was at DB version 935 this morning because I imported, so I uninstalled, cleaned registry and reinstalled I’m now at DB version 301 for the Beta which is correct.
Thanks
Xman :■■■■ 8)