COMODO Internet Security 3.5.61373.458 BETA Bug Reports [CLOSED]

While playing aroung with this new beta, I downloaded the Eicar.com test file using the secure, SSL enabled protocol https. The file made it past the realtime scanner. I then did a manual scan on the file itself. It was detected and when I went to remove it CIS said “Not all threats removed”. Same thing happens when trying to quarantine the file. The file isn’t locked, I can simply delete it manually.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I had the missing policies just after installation of new beta. I didn’t change anything in Predefined Firewall Policies and I could normally use them. But now I added custom policy to Predefined Firewall Policies and there’re gone. I did backup of configuration before making any changes but restoring previous configuration didn’t solve the problem.
I guess we have to add the missing policies manually now or reinstall CIS.

I’ve just experienced a bug where CIS didn’t allowed Windows to boot. The process has stuck on a black screen after the Vista logo. I had to make a “hard” restart.

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit

COMODO Internet Security 3.5.61373.458 BETA and nothing more. No programs load on startup either :slight_smile:

1. Win7 build 7000 x64
  2. CIS (windows firewall+defender+uac disabled)
  3. press “check for updates”, “start”
    results in: “error 101: Update could not be completed. passed url is incorrect, please retry, this could happen due to incomplete download”
  4. tried disabling firewall, no dice

It seems to be a really small, and really weird bug, but I figured i’d mention it anyway.

PS. CIS is otherwise working splendidly on Windows7.
AVsig updates work, “Active process” list works, “Active connections” list works, new processes/programs are detected correctly (as opposed to in the current final build), integration with action center works, installer works once you select vista compatibility… wonderful job :slight_smile:

I added manually.
In addition, the D + do not working properly. I do not run many exe files (FF, Opera, OpenOffice, Google Earth etc), so that I can not to read the file odf, txt, zip, rar and others. I had to deactivate the Defence+. Setting D + for the disabled does not solve the problem.
I wrote about this problem earlier.

I have Vista x64 sp1, all patches and this problem in Defense+.

maybe this has been reported. if it has then disregard.

i have vista 64, boclean, cis. i can’t submit pending files. it would keep trying to resend them. i got around that by turning off auto send in settings. however, they are still pending unless i remove them. it starts to send them (meaning the dialogue appears) briefly then the dialogue box just goes away. they don’t get sent

Some applications may need those Win events and completely restricting them by setting ‘‘yes’’ on protection may cause that applications failure.

1.) Vista HP SP1 32Bit
2.) CIS Beta with everything on and Windows Defender.
3.) Start a Scan CPU Is nearly 100%
4. and 5.) N/A
6.) Attached
7. and 8.) N/A

C.I.S uses a high amont of CPU on start up around 85% on all Cores (Intel Core 2 Quad Q8800 @ 2.33), lasts about 20 seconds then levels go down a bit to about 40% then to there normal levels.

*List of start-up programs attached.

**Maybe its not a bug, but if not please make it an improvement :slight_smile:

Try to turn on all Defense+ monitoring settings and Image Execution if you didn’t do that yet.

And, finally, some application can start but do not access disk, memory or any other processes, so there is no reason for alert appearance or learning this application.

XP Pro SP3 updated at January 2009
System Safety Monitor ( it never did any problem to me running with previous CIS version )

I have the identical problem with the Predefined Firewall Policies.
I can’t load the save ruleset

Some AV Detections Alert twice in a row after answering “Ignore Permanent”
Resulting in multiple duplicate exclusions for the same executable.

1. Windows Vista, SP1, Enterprise, x32, UAC Normal User, Fully patched.
  2. None
  3. Start with a clean exclusion list, reboot, login and the alerts start coming.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. Done

Logging is disabled by DEFAULT, I’d like to see that ENABLED as new users will think there is nothing blocked !

2. None
  3. Just do a clean install
  4. Yes, enabled logging
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

Defense+ does not protect “Protected files” for Startup and Temp for users other then the one that installed CIS !

2. None
  3. Install as one user, login as a different user and check protection settings for Startup/Temp for this user.
  4. Yes, changed settings for D+ Protected Files to reflect all users.
  5. N/A
  6. Done

For all alert windows there should be the option to control them by keyboard and keyboard shortcuts.
I had a few times that i got locked out of the mouse and was unable to confirm an alert rendering the system useless.

This occurred with VMWare, which caused to jump my mouse from the OK button at the moment i tried to click it.
Same problem is also seen on learning of mouse drivers.

Please add the TAB order and Keyboard shortcuts for the Alert windows Ok and Cancel buttons.

2. None
  3. Install VMWare workstation and try to run it allowing all alerts one by one.
  4. Need to put that specific allow in by manual config.
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

When using Cisco VPN Client 5.x for the first time on the system freezes and can only be saved by power off.
Defense+ does not alert for some reason on a specific action the VPN client does.

2. None
  3. Install Cisco VPN Client 5.x and try to create a IPSec Tunnel it will freeze at the moment it wishes to activate the network adapter for the Cisco VPN Client.
  4. Need to put D+ in training mode to get this solved.
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

Firewall does not log the blocking of fragmented packets, it does block them.

2. None
  3. Send Fragmented packets to the firewall, intrusion counter will not increase.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

Firewall does not log the blocking of Protocol Analysis failing packets, it does block them.

2. None
  3. Activate Protocol Analysis and send packets with bad TCP Flags to the firewall, intrusion counter will not increase.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

Firewall does not go in to Emergency Mode !

2. None
  3. Tested with hping2 and icmp flooding, after 2 minutes still able to make new incoming connections to netcat.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

Firewall does not log the blocking of Flood attacks.

2. None
  3. ICMP Flood the host, no trace of flood detection in the logging or intrusion counter
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

Do you mean it does not save your changes after applying them or rules field are not accessible or it shows some error about the rule can not be changed?

Are there descriptions (rule field) in those rules you tried to edit?