COMODO Internet Security 3.5.61373.458 BETA Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision (Instructions for XP and Vista)
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Please put any False Positive Reporting here
  8. Any other information you can think of

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

Cheers,
Josh

This is just a minor GUI bug that I’ve noticed.

The ‘Check for Updates’ dialogue is not themed properly, and is instead in the old windows style (instead of in Comodo’s style as it was in CIS 3.5.57173.439)

My OS is Vista SP1 32bit.

Here’s a screenshot of it:

EDIT: The old theming applies to the help as well, but I believe that’s vista’s fault.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scanning of MP3 files is still ultra slow. Where other AV’s fly over MP3 files, CIS takes like 2 seconds for each on a powerful system (C2D 3,75GHz, 6GB RAM + fast HDDs). I’m using Vista Home Premium x64.
It takes ages just to scan files that can’t be infected anyway.

EDIT: 50 minutes passed and still scanning MP3’s… :-TD

Some bugs:

• When realtime antivirus is disabled, the summary screen still says “All systems running and active” at the bottom of the window. See first pic below
  • When Defense+ is disabled, the summary screen still says “All systems running and active” at the bottom of the window. See first pic below
  • In security policy window of D+, the following files show up in the list twice (once under the “Comodo Internet Security” heading, and once as a separate listing). Shouldn’t the files be listed only once?
    [cfpupdate.exe & cfpsbmit.exe]…see 2nd pic below.
  • When doing an on-demand virus scan, and you hit the “stop scan” or the “pause” button, it keeps scanning for about 0-10 seconds before the scan stops (it seems variable depending on what file/folder is being scanned). I think it scans a few more files before it actually stops. Shouldn’t it stop immmediately? This may not be a bug, but it is annoying.
  • Same bug as Silso reported (check for update screen theme issue)

Windows XP SP3, 32 bit, realtime superantispyware, realtime avira, Boclean.

1.) Windows XP SP3
2.) Just CIS.
3.) When the heuristics detects a down loadable single executable malware, Firefox 3.0.5 becomes unresponsive and crash’s, Overall System performance dramatically slows down. It’s not until you close Firefox everything goes back to normal. Rarely CIS also crashes.
4.) I tried Internet Explorer 7 and it seems to work fine. No slow downs or crashes.
5.) n/a
6.) Attached Screen Shots.
7.) n/a
8.) Attached CIS Crash Dump here as well, Once when Firefox crashed when heuristics detected & I removed it, CIS then crashed.

Cheers,
Josh

1.) Windows XP SP3
2.) Just CIS.
3.) GUI Glitch on AV Alert. (Name & Location have a light “grey” background) - Unless this is suppose to be so.
4) n/a
5.) n/a
6.) Attached Screen Shot.
7.) n/a
8.) n/a

Hi,i am running xp pro sp3 32 bit
security softwares : cis 3.5.61373.458 BETA and antivir premium
i have encountered the same issue than on previous versions of cis, i.e ,the virus database can’t update,it always stopped at 5% or 30% and an error message popped up. in the past ,i had resolved the issue by modifying comodo’s update url in the registry by adding an “s” in “download”. however with the beta,the wrong url has come back again in the registry.had to modify it once more to make the signature update work again.

Start a scan and CPU is at 100% on all my core’s (Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200). After around 2mins CPU levels go back to normal and scan speeds up again ???

1.) Vista HP SP1 32Bit
2.) CIS Beta with everything on and Windows Defender.
3.) Start a Scan CPU Is nearly 100%
4. and 5.) N/A
6.) Attached
7. and 8.) N/A

EDIT: *Oh and looking at the scanner windows theres a GUI bug on the right hand side, there is no blue border.
Other than that it appears to be working fine :BNC

(1)Windows XP Home, SP3,32bit.Processor Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHZ. Q6600.
(2) A Squared Free
(3)N/A
(4)N/A
(5)N/A
(6)N/A
(7)N/A
(8) CPU has been running at about 30% since i installed 458 Beta.Previously it was running at 0-1%

ISSUE : CIS BETA 3.6 fails to install correctly if BricoPack Vista Inspirat 2 explorer shell is installed

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
    XP 32 bit SP3
    Nil at time of attempted install
    Install XP SP3, install BricoPack Vista Inspirat 2, install CIS BETA 3.6
    Uninstalled Brico Pack Vista Inspirat 2
    No dumps - the app just doesn’t install correctly - Network Monitor fails to initialize. On initial post-install startup, diagnostics finds and error and corrects it. After subsequently rebooting there are no further diagnostic errors.
    N/A
    N/A
    CIS BETA is not the only app that fails to install correctly under Brico Pack Vista Inspirat 2. From memory, all failed apps do not use a standard Windows GUI, but I don’t trust human RAM all that much, particularly mine. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Comodo BoClean, Super Anti Spyware, MalWareBytes.

I just start up my computer, everything loads properly except the white shield for your software in lower right corner has a red slash across it and the System Status states that the Application Agent is not running!
I performed the Run Diagnostics program in your software. This finished with the results the there was no problem!

Sorry I do not know how to perform and send a screen shot!

ISSUE : CIS BETA 3.6 AV Component fails to install if the user clicks CANCEL during the mid-install AV update.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
    XP 32 bit SP3

Nil at time of attempted install

Install XP SP3, install CIS BETA 3.6 selecting to install both AV and Firewall (as per install recommendations), when prompted to update the AV prior to initial scanning I clicked CANCEL after several minutes of apparent inactivity. The update dialogue closed and a short scan took place. This scan did not scan my entire PC. When I rebooted, CIS was installed but reported errors which the diagnostic fixed. After a second reboot, CIS reported no errors, but there was no AV button in the GUI button bar and no AV functionalilty anywhere else.

Stopped clicking CANCEL.
    LOL.
    The only reason I clicked CANCEL was because I was uncertain if the update was actually working. There was no I/O on the NIC for over 6 minutes and CFPCONFIG was not running (yet). A subsequent install was attempted and the AV update was left to complete. This took over 12 minutes from the time the update started. Actual updating only took a bit over 2 minutes but there was a lengthy (~10 mins.) pause with no indication that anything was happening. Inexperienced users are not renowned for their patience.

No dumps - the AV component just didn’t install.

N/A

N/A

More information may be required in the update dialogue.

The current stable release of CIS has a similar issue. When updating the release version, the dialogue will always go to 5%, even if there are no updates available. 5% of nothing should be nothing, shouldn’t it? :slight_smile:

Would it be more informative to get rid of the percentages and replace them with textual info like;

“Checking for AV signature and AV application updates - please wait …”
“AV signature updates found - Download commencing - please wait …”
“AV signature updates downloading - please wait …”
“AV signature updates downloaded - merging into local AV database - please wait …”
“AV signature updates complete”
“AV application updates found - Download commencing - please wait …”
“AV application updates downloading - please wait …”
“AV application updates downloaded - updating AV application - please wait …”
“No AV signature updates were found”
“No AV application updates were found”

All of these could be accompanied with an indicator (progress bar) showing that something is happening.

This way, new users would not only know that something was still happening but what that something was.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I got a few messages similar to the one below while installing. It’s unclear to me whether everything was installed successfully.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9646/comodoeg6.gif

Your Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit Service Pack 1 Build 6001
2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: BOClean, SpywareBlaster, SAS, MBAM
3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: see below
4. How you tried to resolve the problem: see below
5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: NA
7. Please put any False Positive Reporting here: NA

In Defense+ / Advanced / Predefined Security Policies / Windows System Application / Protection Settings / Windows/WinEvent Hooks, changing this setting to ‘Yes’ no longer prevents the computer from rebooting all the way. This was a bug in previous versions of CIS. Thanks for fixing that. Now, however, I have found that when this setting is changed to ‘Yes’, Windows Explorer, regedit, and Windows Install Clean Up will not run. Windows Explorer simply does nothing when you click on the shortcut. When you type ‘regedit’ in the Run box and hit ‘Enter’, a popup appears that says ‘C:\Windows\regedit.exe File system error (-1073741790)’. When you click on the shortcut for Windows Install Clean Up, a popup appears that says ‘C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msicuu.exe File system error (-1073741790)’. I have tried adding the executables for these apps (explorer.exe, regedit32.exe, and msicuu.exe) to the Windows/WinEvent Hooks ‘Modify’ list , but they still won’t run. Screenshots are attached.

This is a minor bug that is located deep in the Defense+ settings, but it still prevents me from changing the Windows/WinEvent Hooks setting to ‘Yes’. To get these 3 apps to run again, I simply have to change Windows/WinEvent Hooks back to ‘No’ and hit ‘Apply’ at all the subsequent screens.

i cannot update my av…see the screenshots below…tq

Couple problems so far.

First: I installed on my Vista laptop last night SP1 with no other security software installed. Once restarted, Vista completely crashed. I don’t remember the exact message as I don’t have my laptop with me now. But it told me to insert my Vista disc and try to repair the operating system.

Second: Installed on XP Pro SP2 this morning. Passwords no longer work with this beta. I set the password, but when I try to access anything and type the password, it say’s it’s incorrect. If I run the installer to try and uninstall the product, my password works fine. Also the file submission keeps on crashing. “Runtime error”

Thanks,
Jason

vista x64 sp1 fresh install
Defragging causes cis ram & cpu usage spikes, defrag takes forever

Blank Entries in Firewall & Defense+ Policy List

In a previous post, I thought this was related to reg entires removed by CRC, but this time I did not use CRC after installing the beta.

In Defense+ policy list, a blank entry shows up (no file name). When you click “edit”, the edit window is also missing the filename (see pic 1). When you click purge, CIS apparently finds an obsolete entry, but again the filename is missing (see pic 2)

A similar issue happened wth the firewall policy (see pic 3), with the same findings when edit and purge are clicked.

So, I scanned with CRC, and no firewall/hips entries were found.

When I clicked on the blank entry in the purge window and clicked “yes”, then " apply"…poof…the blank entry was gone.

What is up with this?

Windows XP 32bit, sp3, CIS beta, realtime avira, realtime superantispyware, boclean.
No crash

Edit: I did not notice anything unusual in the Firewall or D+ logs.

I found a bug and Everytime I put in the right password I get a invaid Password error. My stats are attached to this message. To reproduce the bug put in a password in the parental controls and hit ok. Then try to log into settings you will get a invaid password. Please fix that bug and I’m running the latest version of Comodo Boclean in real time.

EDIT : After a second reboot the updater is working fine now :slight_smile: