COMODO Internet Security 3.5.61373.458 BETA Bug Reports [CLOSED]

I removed the release version of CIS before installing the beta.
Install went smoothly, and the initial scan found only one false positive (no true positives).
After reboot two additional false positives were immediately reported.
I then manually scanned the directory with the first false positive.
It was found again (with no red Alert pop-up), and I Ignored it.
However, that false positive did not appear in Anti-Virus Events,
even though it was counted on the Summary screen, a bug.

I removed it from Exclusions (where it did appear) and rescanned the directory.
This time in addition to my scan Report I got a red Alert pop-up.
I Ignored it permanently in the red Alert pop-up,
and this time it did appear in Anti-Virus Events (and was counted again).

OS information: Microsoft Windows XP
OS version: 5.10.2600 Service Pack 3
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6
Memory: 1,571,696 kb

[attachment deleted by admin]

Submit window with 4 false positives.
Click Submit
Checking for safe… appears on all items.
After several seconds, the window crashes and returns to the CIS GUI.
The error window closes too rapidly for me to capture,
and Dr. Watson does not record the error,
but the flashing window appears to be a C runtime error.
The problem is 100% reproducible.

Later CIS in the tray popped up a window to submit these files,
but it also crashed.

I’m removing these from Submit and restarting my system.

I consider this a very serious problem.

OS information: Microsoft Windows XP
OS version: 5.10.2600 Service Pack 3
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6
Memory: 1,571,696 kb

Real time scanner is behaving strange.
It reported a heur.armadillo on some dll (reported as FP). I igonred it once. I went to the folder, tried
to click on the file and the real time scanner did not advice the threat. Scanned manually with right click
and if found 1 threat.

It was on System32

WinXP 32 bit Pro SP2, CIS full no other software running on VMWare.
Pentium Dual core 1.73Ghz, 3GB Ram

Scanned the whole PC and found 96 samples.
I have a folder with all the samples in it. Left behind LOTS recognized before(I think this is what Melih was talking about).

Now, When I go in the folder, what the manual scanner did not recognized, the real time scanner did(just a few). This same bug was reported the first time CIS came out in BETA. It is back!

Specs
WinXP 32 bit Pro SP2, CIS full no other software running on VMWare.
Pentium Dual core 1.73Ghz, 3GB Ram

Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit

Avira Antivir Personal Edition 8.2.0.337

Go to Firewall tab, then to Network Security Policy and finally go to Global Rules. Choose any ‘global rule’ and try to edit it. It won’t work. I can Add or Remove global firewall rules, but I cannot Edit them.

I tried to log off and log on once again then a complete reboot. Neither did work.

I have no problems with editing Application Rules either in Network Security Policy or Computer Security Policy.

I’ve got similar problem.

I was trying to submit Quicksys RegCleaner 2009 Trial executable (QRegCleaner.exe) and after few seconds the Files Submission window crashed giving an error message.

[b]Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit

Avira Antivir Personal Edition 8.2.0.337[/b]

man… 458 is so diff from the prev ver!

well, so far:

1. Not detecting Networks
  2. MAC addresses begining with “00” are not accepted
  3. Predefined FW Policies don’t show Web Browser…

(details of my system are in my sig. - uninstalled old CIS-439 and CMF, did a clean-up, installed new 458 with Proactive Security Settings, without AV - one step at a time!)

let’s see what happens next. (:AGY)

edit:

WHAT I DID:

1. entered manually all MAC’s of my system (i have 3 NIC’s, 2 connected to 2 diff ISPs via cable with dynamic IPs).

2. when i was adding those MAC’s in CIS GUI, i typed “AA” in place of “00”. Re-booted in Safe-Mode and modifyed (corrected) those MAC’s with regedit, at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations"n"\Firewall\Network Aliases\1"n"\MAC] where “n” depends on your entries/system/profile.
    Re-booted again… woilá! get working!

3. Created another Pre-Defined rule named “Browser” with the same rules (copy) of “Web Browser” (there you can find it).

Just workarounds…

Old bug but still has not been fixed.
ICMP messages in logs are displayed incorrectly. Both fields Type and Code are displayed as Type. For example:

Echo which is Type(8 ) Code(0) in CIS logs is displayed as Type(8 ) Type(0).

Btw, I have no problems with autodetection of new private networks.

Vista x64 SP1.

Full installation of CIS beta
I can’t open .exe files (FF, TB, RSS Bandit, Amaya, etc) >:( . I can open Comodo’s programs ;D .

1. All O/S’s, regardless of service pack
  2. CIS BETA only

I wish I only had to tell the AV “Ignore Once” once. LOL

Windows Vista x64 SP1
No other security in place (see below)

Tried installing the beta CIS as an update. This failed. DL’d the x64 version to my drive.
Uninstalled the version of CIS on my HDD.
Started the installation. Avast flagged the Heuristics as viral, and refused to allow it to run.
Disabled Avast on-access and re-started the installation, then rebooted to complete the installation.
CIS started, the first thing I did was implement personal security on it: password protection.
This password was verified by retyping it (as the screen asked).
Then tried to test various modules. Password was asked for immediately (as was expected).
CIS refused to accept the password entered as valid. (Could not change/do anything).
Tried to uninstall CIS to re-install again. CIS would not let me uninstall it.
Finally had to delete it from the HDD and clean the registry to ensure it was fully removed. Then rebooted again.
Tried again to install the beta, but CIS installer said it was already installed, asked if I wished to uninstall it.
Answered ‘Yes’, but nothing happened. Tried installing again. Still could not (same thing).
At this point, I could not gain network access either.
I finally had no choice but to do a complete system restore to regain security and network access.

I will also note here the installer. Once finished, Vista asked if the installer was successful or if I need to rerun in compatability mode. This usually only happens with XP software. This has never happened before during an installation of CIS.

Am unable to test this beta.

vista x64 sp1

Run a manual scan, open up another window, ie web browser, minimize the scan window, minimize the cis main window. Hover over ‘Comodo internet security’ in task bar & u get this (see screenie)

EDIT Aero is enabled

Vista 64 SP1
CIS at proactive security and paranoid mode

CIS doesn’t pass these tests of Matousec SSTS:

kill3
kill3b

kill3f

keylog1
kill3e

keylog2
kill3c
kill3d

crash5
ddetest

keylog5

kill5

But an improvement compared with older versions :slight_smile:
Please add protection against them before releasing the next final version, then CIS will be the ultimate x64 HIPS.

Another issue: Keylogger detection is too aggressive: Just typing in the letter box of the ghost leaktest provokes a keylogger warning.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision (Instructions for XP and Vista)
XP Professional SP3 (32 Bit)

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
See Profile Below

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
Disconnect from Network.
Saved Configuration Settings.
Uninstalled CIS 3.5 (439) and CMF.
Reboot and clean of registry and any old Application Data files.
Installed CIS 3.5 Beta and reboot.
AV DB set to 1.
Imported saved settings and switched to that profile.
Clicked on AV Update on Summary Screen.
Database downloaded and updated and gave prompt to Reboot.
Rebooted and checked the AV DB version and it was 934 not 301 as mentioned by others.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem
Retried the above.

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
N/A

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
None

7. Please put any False Positive Reporting here
N/A

8. Any other information you can think of
Does this version support importing the old profile?

Old bugs has not been fixed:

https://forums.comodo.com/defense_bugs/cis_432_defense-t30346.0.html

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_bugs/active_connections-t30044.0.html

I went back to 3.5.53518.419 RC2.

I had to inactivate Defense+ in order to start files.
I have a problem with Predefined Firewall Policies (photo) when D+ is working (no all rules).

D+ don’t asking me (paranoid mode and all option is check in Monitor Settings).

Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit

Avira Antivir Personal Edition 8.2.0.337

In Log Viewer > Firewall Logs the icon of ‘Windows Operating System’ is changing randomly while scrolling the viewed area.

I think this was already reported this. However ther firewall alerts are really slow!! Still is working ok.
As I launched IE. It opened and after 3 secs the firewall alert came out. Still IE did not navigated nowhere, however it was a really slow response from CIS. Dont know if it ie because ThreadCast. COMODO devs will know better DUH!! LOL

Other than that, working like a charm on Win 7 beta!!! A Couple of FPs, but this is a test DB so…

Great job COMODO

Assuming you mean once in AV and once again in D+, I agree – the apparent duplication is confusing, especially to ordinary users. Both of the two client installations I’ve done of CIS have commented on it, taking it to be a software bug, reducing their confidence in the product.

John

I’m not sure if this has been reported but I can not play my favorite game! BF2. It ran perfectly with the non beta version but after I installed the beta version, the game dosen’t want to start? :cry: The only way out is to cold re-boot.

Ice