COMODO Internet Security 3.11.108364.552 Released

It doesn’t save anything. We still would need to update the DB. My post above is a practical solution until the next change in DB structure occurs.

I know it is still large but it does save traffic.

3.10 = 80MB + Update 100MB = 180MB
3.11 = 40MB + Update 100MB = 140MB

Once downloaded the “merge” of the downloaded db takes less time then the 3.10 version.
Because now it only has to merge 1 large file instead of 1 large file and a large number of small files that where more time consuming, so there is progress, and they are still aiming for a 25MB AV database so it will come… the AV portion is still young here, please keep that in mind.

Hi Guys.

Just did automatic update. Everything went smoothly. It kept all my settings. Even Though this update is related to AV, mostly, and I use only the firewall and D+ in Proactive Security Configuration. I followed Egemen advice to hullboy yesterday.

Waiting for CIS 4.

Hi everyone! I updated my CIS 3.10…531 to 3.11…552 but I’ve problemm with it;for example when I press Miscellaneous tab>About ,well I can’t close it,even when I run Taskmanager,so I was forced to restart my pc.I checked again the same steps,again I restart my machine;finely I uninstalled CIS,download and I made a clean install of the last version,3.11.552,now I have no problem.
have a nice day!

Sometimes clean install is the only way to go… glad your CIS is working again.

You’re missing the point. I didn’t hear about the new update through the forum – I heard about it because CIS (the program) told me there was a new release, and presented me with the link I supplied above to see what the changes were, and guess what – no changes were noted at that link. THAT is what brought me to the forum, to see wtf was going on. This happens every time Comodo pushes out an update, and it is getting tiresome.

If you want to present new releases first in the forum, fine. But when you present them through the program itself, it would be nice if you actually had the change log page updated so that we can make an informed decision about wtf is going on.

Thx for Dev Team for great release :wink:
Long time ago i wanted to say that why the installer size exclude the av def, so the setup size will be small. This will help for slow inet connection for download the installer/setup file. And let the first update to update all the av def. This time round i think my wish was listened by the dev team even i did not post my suggestion :stuck_out_tongue:
But again nothing is perfect to fullfill everyone needs. The first update will take long long time to download. It took 40 minutes to download the first update with broadband 1Mb on my desktop XPPro SP3 x32. This first update the file ‘bases.cav’ size 101MB (106471260) with signature 2096. Before this file (old) size 101MB (106768830) with signature 2108. After restart, second update i took about another 5 minutes to download, the size now 101MB (106342332) with signature 2109.

So i think that i will not do the same thing for my laptop Vista Business SP2 x32 cos such a time/bandwidth consuming. I will do with the following step:

1. Before uninstall the old one, i will copy the file ‘bases.cav’ to other temp directory
  2. Uninstall the old one ‘3.10.102363.531’
  3. Install the new one ‘3.11.108364.552’ & will be prompted to restart
  4. F8 to go into Safe Mode
  5. Copy back the file on #1 to directory ‘scanners’ (usually C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners)
  6. Restart
  7. Double click CIS and click ‘Update Now’. Finish

I agreed. Actually, from yesterday it’s 26th, my desktop & laptop already pop up updater with link to release note which was in the old one 3.10.102363.531, and i thought it’s a false alarm and i ignored it! Until this morning 27th it’s pop up again and i did click it again to see what is going on again, and it showed already with new released note.

Although we are a bit !ot! here for this thread, I want to help with this issue. I have Defense+ cranked way up to Paranoid :o, so I get a lot of notices as well. Here’s how I deal with them:

As you correctly noted, many if not most of these notices are repeat appearances of just a few Windows System Components (run32dll.exe, cidaemon, etc.), all of which are generally harmless and seldom indicate any real security risks. When the Alert Balloon pops up, notice a line with an open circle called “Treat As…”. Click on the circle, then click on the drop-down arrow and select “Windows System Application” in the list. Finally, click on the checkbox next to “Remember this Setting” and click “OK” at the very bottom.

What you have done is to classify the component under a rule set which will reduce the likelihood of repeated warnings. Windows System Applications have very broad permissions, so Defense+ seldom flags them. I have only had to apply this method on five persistent pop-ups. This is similar to when we temporarily classify a program as an Installer, except here we are telling Defense+ to remember our settings.

The alternative of dialing down the sensitivity of Defense+ will allow the Comodo system to learn on its own, but at first, the number of pop-ups will be many. My method is quicker if all you want to do is allow known Windows components to do their jobs without constant pop-ups. And dialing down the defenses is slightly less secure.

The only problem I have run into is that one security component, the Avast Web Shield, refuses to work when classified in any of the Rule Sets available for this pop-up. Anybody ever figure out what to do about the Avast Web Shield (AshWeb.svc)?

BTW, I installed the most recent Comodo Firewall update, and it is working just fine on my laptop. ;D

I had a similar experience. And I agree that the link needs to lead here, not to the Comodo Home Page or somewhere else where the information may not be up to the minute.

I had the firewall already installed. I got the update notice through the program updater window (I run manual updates). Next to the notice that there is an update available was a blue link asking if I wanted to see the new release notes before applying the update. I did not click on that link, but it might have led to the current release notes, wherever they were first posted. I simply allowed the update, rebooted, then went straight here to this forum for the best chance of getting the current information on the update. And here the thread was, with a little searching.

Whenever I update any security program, if the program does not list the changes, I go to the web site. If the web site is not up to date, I check for a Forum and go there.

Suggestion: The Program link should lead to the most recent information – in this case, this Forum Thread – not to the Comodo Home Page or anywhere else which may not be as up to date. Very simple to do for those of us who are not reinstalling CIS and are not first-time users.

1. If you haven’t already done so, Switch to “Proactive Security” Configuration, By right clicking the CIS tray icon and choosing “Configuration”. Alternatively, you can navigate via CIS main GUI Miscellaneous>Manage My Configurations>Activate COMODO - Proactive Security
  2. Make sure Firewall is set to “Safe Mode”, Defense+ is set to “Clean PC Mode”

Does the above apply if you are only using the firewall part CIS ?

Somewhere i have asked this question.
The reply is “Yes”…
I think if you follow the thread by Josh you will find it.
Regards.

Ok thanks. I read his thread and thought that all those settings were if you are installing the full CIS suite including antivirus. When installing just the firewall part the default configuration is COMODO - Firewall security …not Proactive security.

[i]OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM (MSDN)

UpTime: 09:54

RAM: 8GB

CIS: 3.11.108364.552

torrent files: 1

audio/video snagging: Y-Y-Y-E-ES~ YES

DPC Latency: Max- 157948 ~ Current - 14585 ~~~ PRICELESS ~~~[/i]

http://i32.tinypic.com/jziqzr.jpg

The lead developer posted this for 3.10… as it’s not in the release notes it’s not fixed.

How about adding a ‘Known Issues’ list to the release notes? This is a major limitation of the software and not some typo in GUI. Such a list would allow to avoid posting the same bugs over and over again and also it would make people aware of what they might be forced to deal with by installing CIS on Windows NT 6.1 and above operating systems.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been using CIS for a long time and I’m still going to do so, but hiding bugs is not ‘Creating Trust Online’.

:-TU

Downloaded the recently released update, only to find problems after doing so.

• Trusted Software Vendors are no longer listed, yet pre-update over 50 Vendors were in my list
  • ALL my Own Safe List Files are gone
  • after updating, a New Network was found… however it does not appear in the 'My Network Zones"
  • in the Network Security Policy’s listings, the list has been greatly reduced

Backup if you can before downloading this release. I thought nothing of it, as a result of problems at hand unclear of how to rectify; but maybe my input will aide others not to be faced with these after results.

Hello BZTent,

Thanks for signing up and posting this… can you tell us a bit more about the previous version you where running and what settings you changed etc ?

The installer doesn’t seem to work properly on XP x64 edition, the firewall won’t start after rebooting (clean install in VM). I installed the firewall only (No AV, D+ or threatcast), other security software:
Avast AV
Spybot S&D
Windows Defender

Running the repair utility fixes the problem though.

Edit: Just did a test using the same install image except for reverting back to version 3.10.102363.531, the problem does not exist with that older version.