COMODO Internet Security 3.11.108364.552 Released

We will keep it shut. If Egemen wants to create a new one for 3.11 to have it one place, then he can do so. Moderators will leave it to Egemen for choice as CIS lead developer/project manager.

Cheers,
Josh

Why this release is 39 Mb but 3.10 is 75 Mb ?

He may miss your post and we may not have a place to report bugs. I suggest someone from moderators to take responsibility and create new thread “CIS 3.11 bugs”. It would be logical step unless for v3.11 we should post every bug under “bugs” board of this forum once again.

Because the 3.10 contained a 36MB Av database that was completely updated/replaced anyway.
Now it only contains a small AV database and then pulls the update once from the web servers…
Saving at least 36MB download for dial-up users.

Were there any updates after the 3.11.552 one which I installed last night as this morning I am getting an updates available pop up?.

Good to hear that x64 crashings should be gone.

Nope, 'r you running Vista ? maybe it’s a VirtualStore issue…

My patience with CIS is exausted
I am sick and tied of watching Defense + notices
Every single one related to"rundll32.exe.
This went on yesterday for an hour.In the end i uninstalled CIS.
I installed the latest version hoping the problem would be cured but NO it is doing the same thing now.

Operating System Windows 7
Settings for CIS As recommended by Josh for maximum security and minimum popups.
I am not using CIS AV.It conflicts with another program that is essential.Instead i am using Avira Premium.

Regards

Have you tried adding rundll32.exe to My own safe files list?
Also do you have Microsoft signature in Trusted vendors list? and is D+ option “Trust the applications digitally signed with trusted vendors” enabled?

Please can you explain in greater detail.
As far as i am concerned it is all above me so i have to keep asking questions and hope i understand what the teacher is talking about.
Your patience is appreciated
Surely all these settings should be set automatically without any help from me,
Thank you

Rambo,

If i where you i would switch back to a normal CIS configuration, if you like a few more alerts set it to the default “ProActive Security” profile, that will give you enough protection.
I think the “maximum” protection post is intended for users who have been playing with CIS for a long(er) period of time… ProActive Security has enough protection to prevent infection.

Ronny
That sounds like the best advice i have ever had.
Thank you

No Ronny, my OS is Win XP Home SP3. Is it possible that the update it is notifying me of could be the AV database updates?. Although I am not using CIS AV at the present. After the update to 3.11.552 it appeared on the menu that comes up when you right click the shield and it wasn’t there under 3.10.531. The CIS AV is not active as I explained in a previous post but is it still possible to be the database updates.

Only if you have balloon messages enabled in the right click menu, then it could be notifying you of the AV database being updated… If you have an extra shield telling you updates are available chance is that your update somehow was incomplete, please go to MISC, check for updates and see if it finds any.

Hi

Huge thanks for the new release.
Great job guys.

Smaller installer is very cool…but you should change his icon.It reminds me Win98.
Maybe you could use your company mark(the shield)

BTW:I’m still waiting for smaller signatures(like KAV)When their gonna be done?

Best regards

As for looks; the upcoming version 4 will bring a new UI, so may be the icon may change in the process?

As for the AV database size. There is hard work going on at Comodo to produced family signatures at a big scale. A month ago Umesh stated it would take two months to really start seeing a difference. People who watch the database size closely already see the first effects. I guess by the time v4 comes out, not before the end of the year, the database size will be noticeably reduced. Comodo aim is to make the database as small as 25 MB.

Bugreport here. https://forums.comodo.com/defense_bugs/311_windirsystem32servicesexe_oddity-t44448.0.html

Downloaded it yesterday… Works great… (:CLP) :■■■■

Working good. :-TU
Thanks for the continued support of a great product!

When will Cnet’s Download.com be updated? It’s still showing version 3.9 as the latest?

What you need to do is to replace c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\scanners\bases.cav with the updated versions in other PCs.

You may need to rename exisint bases.cav before doing this. If you cant, just disable D+, terminate cmdagent.exe and retry.

My version on my home machine on dial up is to copy the bases.cav file to another directory prior to the program update, do the program update and then rename the one in the above directory and copy the big one back. You must then check for updates so CIS will recognize the file.