COMODO Internet Security 3.11.108364.552 Released

Same here ;D

I have tested a new installation of CIS 3.11.
After installation, the DB version is 1.
First step of database update : downloading and installing a (very big) file named BASE_END_USER_V2074.CAV (over 100 MB !).
After rebooting te computer, the second step updates DB from version 2074 to 2095.
Total time for the update : 20 minutes with a 1.2Mb ADSL connection.

Nothing new there. From there on the updates take a lot less time and are much smaller.

Well there should have been a change on 3.10 if you install and chose the Pre-Scan during installation it will download the full 100+ package, run a scan and then if you reboot you have to download the full 100+ package again, that should be fixed with this version AFAIK… haven’t been able to test it yet.

I have been using the Firewall, Defence+ and Pro-Active Security at the higher level with Avira as AV. Although the update to 3.11.552 is mainly for the AV part of Comodo my update download was big going by the time taken. After rebooting I have noticed that on right clicking the task bar icon it tells me that I am using the Updated Pro-Active Security. I also noted that I now have an AV icon there as well now. Does this mean that the AV part of Comodo CIS is downloaded to me as well and if I so chose I could install it by clicking on the heading there instead of having to uninstall / reinstall a complete new copy of 3.11.552 ?.

Everything running fine here so far.

Did you reboot to see if this is still the case after boot ?
Would be strange if you got updated and it activated the AV without asking you…

Yes Ronny I had to reboot for the update to take effect. It hasn’t activated the Comodo AV I don’t have a heading for it on the main page of Comodo. It is now listed on the menu that shows up when you right click the shield icon whereas prior to update it wasn’t hence my question.

The person resposible for translation is still on vacation? Because the Slovak translation still isn’t fixed.

Are there “release notes” other than the first post in this thread? If so, how can we get to them?

The first post is the release notes.

How about updating the release notes here: Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year?

The problem with Gameguard, is it solved?

Don’t double post. New releases always first get presented at the forums. The release notes at the site follow in a couple of days usually.

It’s not in the change log. The problem with Gameguard needs to be solved by Gameguard. Gameguard unhooks kernel entries of Comodo and most likely other security programs. That means it kicks out the protection. A needlessly disruptive technique.

Thanks. :■■■■

when comodo detect a new version through the updater, the update details link should be the post that said there is a new version (on this occasion this post), not this page>Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year

because that page is updated like 5 days after the new release

I must admit, chue85, has a good point! :-\

Well, now that the 3.10 bug thread is closed, we need one for 3.11!

Thanks Comodo for this new 3.11 release of CIS, i m downloading it now.
I m concerned about how can dial-up users able to download such big updates to Comodo antivirus as update size is 100mb? as it will take ages for them download this first big update, as there is no resume support to download if download fails they have to download it again from 0%.
This will affect antivirus part of CIS in my view, as many people on dial-up dont have there antivirus signature up-to-date they are prone to malwares (i know defense+ can protect them), but still it affects if they allow certain file, so i request comodo team please make offline updater with resume support available to users as soon as possible.

Agan,Many many thanks to Melih and the team! :ilovecomodo: :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)