COMODO Internet Security 2025 Premium

Hi,
I read the above so I did a bit of testing.
HIPS also triggers a block for sysinternals Procmon64 and Procexp64.
HIPS did not trigger when I ran resmon or killswitch when they all access processes in RAM.

This has never happened to me with any previous windows version or CIS after trusting it once then it did not come back but I don’t know what is or has changed in CIS 2025 to do this on Win11 or effectively my trust is being ignored.

Thanks

You see this event as blocked, but that does not mean it is blocked.

The situation is the same as I have already written. CIS protects its processes and that is why it is visible in the log.

Thanks for explaining I know I can still run it except now it appears in the block list even though you say CIS is protecting itself therefore it should not appear in the block list, you can see the process is appearing in the wrong box.

So what has changed to have this effect ?.
Previous versions did not do this do you know what has changed in CIS perhaps an increased level of self protection it did not have in previous versions if this were true then I would expect to see a new box to perhaps show current list active processes then you could see this list interactively for what ever someone launches, this would be easier instead of the current, anyone could get easily confused over what is really blocked vs a red herring.

1 Like

It can be confusing and I’d like to see some indication even in the logs whether it’s because of an application rule or just blocking while CF/CIS is loading. For example, I get firewall blocks for some apps that update on restart even though Firewall is in Safe mode and the application is trusted. For example with my backup software below but the application runs fine without blocks.

Modifying the rules is easy if you really don’t want to bear such blocking records. However, I suggest not doing this if those blockings don’t influence the task manager functions.

Zero Trust describes an architectural design paradigm developed from the “Assume Breach” approach, which is based at its core on the principle of least privilege for all entities in the entire infrastructure.

Zero Trust combines known security measures and best practices in a holistic approach.

A hollistic, effective implementation of Zero Trust principles is…a long-term project and requires high and permanent financial and personnel resources.As of today, this is still a major challenge, partly due to lack of standardization.

@Redstraw,

I tried your suggestion and so far it is working, I will monitor and decide what’s best.
I also found further documentation around this which is a good read.

Active HIPS Rules, Network Access, Internet Protection | Internet Security (comodo.com)

HIPS Settings, Comodo Internet Security | Internet Protection |COMODO

Still begs the question why does this version do this when the previous one did not.

Thanks

1 Like

A little bug:

Light(Dark) theme missing “HIPS” in trayicon menu.

1 Like

I went to check, the Dark theme really isn’t complete, I think it’s a bug.

Exactly! Yet we delivered Zero Trust to consumers for free and easy to use!

2 Likes

This may be due to the Light theme doesn’t have an advanced view in which the HIPS module shows.

Doesn’t a user have to do something himself to become a victim of hackers? Sure, sometimes it is certainly difficult to recognize how one can become a victim. What can you do yourself - that is well known. Here is an example of how cleverly hackers operate:

Detection is certainly of little help here.

Or here:

Add or remove access to your YouTube channel with channel permissions

Hello, the AnyDesk Connects only after a timeout retry.

Decopi writes there

in real life, Comodo is … and in this negative context, an irresponsible gang of fanatics is always pushing garbage to users, exploiting false mantras such as: “I never got infected (thus, nobody is going to be infected)”… blah, blah, blah.

I say the same thing! I am not an isolated case. I’ve been using comodo almost since it came out and I’ve never had just one computer with the same settings. I had and have computers and laptops:
Windows 95, 98, XP, Millenium, version 7, 10, and now 11 and never been infected.
I’ve had games on it, professional activities, banking, tax returns and no virus, Trojan, rootkit or anything else.

It’s nonsense, such a statement.

3 Likes

As there are so many forum sites that destroy Comodo’s image with every horrible sentence, whoever reads all of this is being placed against Comodo, it can be a very serious thing for the customers who use it here and are here reading all of this.
I was scared how angry people are at the comdo.

I had an expert on hand who advised me to use comodo at the time and helped me with the setup and protection mechanism. This expert is still responsible for security at a large German company today. Comodo takes a different approach similar to a dialog in a crime thriller that I saw:

M.: “You only ever see the bad in people, there are good ones too!”

S.: “That’s why I’m never disappointed.”

The next generation (and not the Old-School-methods) is zero-trust

How Zero Trust Will Lead to the Next Generation of Cyber Defense

Zero trust needs many of all: money, time, staff

2 Likes

I was on another forum, I saw what you commented on the subject, I liked what I was reading.

Congrats to Comodo. Finally we have back Comodo.

One question:
The people like me that buy this product, many years, where I can download this new version? Or is important waiting more time, the correct time to install this new version?
Also congrats the people that believe this years in new version and help and continue to help with suggestions and errors to correct.

Thanks a lot
Jo

1 Like

If you go to the beginning of the conversation in this topic, and scroll down a little, the download link has been placed. It’s in some conversations below.

Thank you.
I thought the software was some a little difference for person to pay and the free.
So, it is not pay in future. Good.

1 Like