Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

Creating a separate network zone for the IP of the other computer and defining the main network zone as all the IPs around it seems to work.

For example:

Computer to connect to: 192.168.1.20

Rest of the network:

192.168.1.0-192.168.1.19
192.168.1.21-192.168.1.255

Thank you for the suggestion to add the other computer as a network zone, this helps tighten the security.

It seems like a bug to me that UDP traffic isn’t abiding by the application rules that I set.

I’m looking to do a really buttoned down setup, which is why I wanted the application rules to work. I tried your suggestion with the mac addresses and I also tried specifying the network zone in the application rules, but the connections would still only be allowed or blocked based upon if the network zone was trusted or not.

The year is ending and they promised an update. Is it worth waiting for it or will the old promises continue in the new year?

2 Likes

Hi IcyEyes,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O_RT,

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

If I remember correctly, I think this had already happened to me before with another software.

The question therefore does not arise only for Asio4All, but rather for Comodo CIS which could be inhibited by RevoUninstaller or any other program which uses a passthrough technique during installation. (although I guess you will tell me that this is not possible)

It is to this in particular that I wanted to draw your attention and not to Asio4All.

Asio4All which you will find here:
https://asio4all.org/about/download-asio4all/
and Revo Unisntaller which you will find here:
https://download.revouninstaller.com/download/RevoUninProSetup.exe

Thank you for keeping us informed

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for providing the requested information.
We will test and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

We have tested and found that the both products(asio4all and revouninstaller) are installing without any issue with CIS beta installed. And CIS beta didn’t blocked installation of these softwares.

could you please share us any related screenshot of installation blocking ?
And are you running any other security software other than CIS ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello C.O.M.O.D.O_RT,

I’ll look forward to an update.

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Hi IcyEyes,

We have taken your concern to the dev team.
We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

What’s the ETA on the stable release of CIS/CAV/CFW 2024?

By the way, I like the “Arcadia” theme the best.

Hello COMODO RT.
My problem is the following.
In the basic view of the Lycia theme, clicking the full scan mode does nothing.
Unfortunately, the interface is not Hungarian for the dark and light views.
I hope this can be fixed in the near future.
Thanks in advance.

Hi szabek,

Thank you for reporting.
We are aware of this issue and team is working on it.
We will update you as soon as it fixed.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I believe Comodo team are doing their best. I have been using the beta 2 with no issues.

An ETA will only stress the staff to make unstable release.

There are plenty of issues with Beta 2, and Beta 3 was promised sometime in December, with Stable following it in “late January/February”. There’s no harm in asking for an updated ETA, either. No one wants to visit this place more than necessary simply to check for an update that may not be coming for another month or two.

Not to mention that keeping track of the development time and delays (CIS 2024 was announced almost a year ago) is important as it makes you see their other commitments, like adding support for VPN adapters and so on, from a different perspective.

As a practical, personal example, I may lower my VPN usage and live without VPN support for a few more months, but if I see no hope in it getting released in the near future – let alone another year or two (or at that point, never) – I’ll be finally forced to look for an alternative that supports it, even though I’ve been a loyal Comodo Firewall user since old ZoneAlarm Pro’s last days.

2 Likes

Hi fcab,

The team is working on the upcoming CIS release.
Kindly support us.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Just a quick feedback (as far as I’m concerned):

Everything is going great – as always.

1 Like

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O_RT !

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

It’s strange… I tried to reproduce the phenomenon, but it wasn’t possible.

ASIO4ALL is no longer blocked, neither by HIPS nor by the antivirus.

I wondered if having submitted it for Comodo evaluation could have changed something once validated.

Then, I wanted to try again with another software blocked by CIS, such as for example the Clamav “clam-fsg.exe” test, but it did not succeed, because it is the antivirus which reacts and not “HIPS”. Also, I don’t have enough time to go further to reproduce the phenomenon.

However, I note your recurring question about whether I use other security software. In this regard, I must say that I notice that CIS 2024 seems to fit a little less well with other software

In the past, I was able to use it (alternatively, but also with several of them) with:
Roguekiller,
Malwarebytes,
SuperAntiSpyware,
Webroot,
Glasswire,
Peerblock,
As well as the NordVPN security module.

This was one of the advantages of CIS.

Comodo CIS + Malwarebytes, for example, is a very strong armor. (yes, yes, I know, you can’t help but answer: “Comodo CIS is already a very strong armor! (which has no need for others )”

If CIS begins, like others, to chase away “competition”, some will look elsewhere…

Please remember that you also exist because you are different.

I know that you will respond by telling me that it should not be installed with other security solutions and I understand you: it’s your job.

But, I also think that the point of view of those who chose it specifically for this reason must be listened to.

You should also do a survey:

1. Are you using CIS with another security solution?

2. Did you choose CIS because you can use it with another security solution?

Every time I ask the question around me, the answer is “yes”

This long intervention on the subject, because it is with the beta version that this complementarity and compatibility with others can be improved.

THANKS ! :slight_smile:

Glad to know everything is okay (especially in real life!) :grinning:

I have a problem with the ARP control of the firewall: impossible to define a whitelist like for other protocols.

Amazeon Quality Air box, seems to communicate with itself in ARP mode via local network.

I can’t set a rule so that it doesn’t trigger an alert.

The only way is to completely turn off ARP monitoring.

Which I don’t want.

We can make rules for IMCP, UDP, TCP etc… but not ARP

you can submit the file to Valkyrie and valkyrie will decide if the file is good or bad.

From Russia you can only access the forum through a VPN