Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

Hi CISfan,

The related team is working on it.
We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Quite by accident, I found a rather rare but very significant bug in the CIS 2024 application. I purchased a Synology NAS and installed the Synology Drive Client software, after which CIS is almost completely unusable. Half of the GUI functions are blocked. Component enable/disable modes called RPM from the icon in the Tray Menu do not work. In the main application window there is no silent mode, Update, Behavioral Analysis and all tiles from the Analysis section. When you click on a tile, nothing happens, as if it were inactive. It is also impossible to access program settings and several other functions from the menu. As if. There is clearly some application conflict. After restarting the system, everything returns to normal, provided that Synology Drive Client does not start (I checked several versions back and they all cause the same thing). Strangely, after killing all Synology processes and services, CIS operation does not return to normal. It is necessary to restart and not launch Synology Drive Client. Please take a look at the problem.

Comodo maintenance (scheduled autodiagnostics) and Comodo diagnostics are changing the program update parameters so that it points to a folder not containing beta files, resulting in a program update error. Iā€™ve tried to disable the scheduled task but, it seems the problem could be rooted from somewhere else.

Is Synology Drive Client by any chance also syncing the Comodo folders to the NAS?
If so, exclude the Comodo folders from the Drive Client sync job and try again.

Of course not, it synchronizes several directories that are not on the system disk at all.
Besides, he doesnā€™t have to work at all. All you need to do is run it with its services and most CIS options stop responding to clicking.
I guess you donā€™t need to have a Synology NAS. Anyone can install the application and check.

Remove all apps from the ā€œBlocked Applications Listā€ and make sure all files belonging to Synology NAS (all apps and all drivers) are listed on the ā€œFiles Listā€ with file rating ā€œTrustedā€ and try again if it works.

1 Like

Hi Szaquak,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please share us the official Synology NAS and Synology Drive Client software download link & version ?
Also your win version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I am currently using the latest available version (Synology Drive Client-3.4.0-15724). The previous version caused the same thing, so I installed the latest version in the hope that it was the fault of the Synology application

Link to the latest version from the manufacturerā€™s website:

https://global.synologydownload.com/download/Utility/SynologyDriveClient/3.4.0-15724/Windows/Installer/i686/Synology%20Drive%20Client-3.4.0-15724-x86.exe?model=DS918%2B&bays=4&dsm_version=7.2.1&build_number=69057

I hope you will quickly figure out why these applications donā€™t like each other so much.

Hi Szaquak,

Thank you for providing the requested information.
We will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

@Szaquak,
Did this proposal work or not?

Hi Szaquak,

We whitelisted this product & installed with the CIS and found that there is no CIS UI flicking.
Could you please perform update in the CIS and restart the machine, then check the issue ?
Let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello all Users this is
German Translate List
Uploading: 1.jpgā€¦
Uploading: 2.jpgā€¦

Sorry
An error occurred: Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.

It looks like my problem is more complex. I updated CIS and restarted the computer, unfortunately after starting Synology Drive Client, the CIS interface immediately stops working in most of the options. Maybe itā€™s a coincidence of more programs. I can record a video that it is exactly as I say.

Perhaps the fact that the problem occurs on Windows 11 23H2 is important. Exactly build 22631.2861

After starting Synology DC, I cannot access the preview of blocked applications because this option does not work. However, I checked before starting Synology DC that there are no blocked elements.

Hi Szaquak,

Okay, we will take this to the dev team and update you.
Kindly share us the video of the issue so that the team will analyse and fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks
C O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Prodex !

Excuse me for coming so late and thank you very sincerely for your detailed response concerning the BSOD problems that I encountered with CIS beta version.

For many daysā€¦(weeks) I was unable to determine its originā€¦ :sob:

The same config, the same hardware, the same Windows image, everything was exactly the same.

Only the beta version of CIS comodo replaced the last normal version. I tried dozens and dozens of solutions, it didnā€™t work. The only thing that was viable was to uninstall the beta and revert to the old version.

I even tried updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest version. Nothing to doā€¦ and then I finally thought about what I had in my hardware config that wasnā€™t too usual. I have a Firewire 1394 daughter card. I uninstalled all the drivers and applications from it, that is to say the ubCore 64 drivers and applications
( https://www.unibrain.com/products/ubcoretm -1394b-drivers/#details).

After that, the BSODs reduced significantly.

I still have a few, but I feel like thatā€™s something else entirely that will deserve another post. (I have the impression that the Windows firewall filtering system creates bad interactions with that of Comodo).

To summarize and finish on the subject, I would say that the ubCore 64 drivers are incompatible with Comodo beta or rather the opposite, the Comodo beta is not compatible with its drivers.

And the second thing again, thank you very much Prodex :+1:t2:, for taking the time to give me so many details to solve my problem.:pray:t2:

Hello everyone,

here is a new problem that I encountered and which, for me, is important.

I wanted to install the ASIO for all audio drivers.

But, Comodo CIS beta blocks the installation of Asio4All.

Wellā€¦ thatā€™s one thing and he probably has his own reasons.

On the other hand, what is much more worrying in my opinion is what happens nextā€¦

Wanting to carry out other tests to try to understand why the installation was blocked by Comodo, I decided to do these installations via Revo Uninstaller andā€¦

Now is the time to concentrate :nerd_face::

IF we go through Revo Uninstaller to do the installation which is usually blocked by Comodo CIS, suddenly it is no longer blocked and it has entirely place! :scream:

Itā€™s as if Comodo no longer saw anything and let the installation take place with its eyes closed :see_no_evil:ā€¦!

SHOULD, I conclude that this is a way to divert surveillance from CIS? This prospect scares the living daylights out of me, as one of my friends would say :no_mouth:

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please share us the product(ASIO) download link and version of the product which you are using ?
With regard to BSOD, we will reach you through private message to get required log for further investigation.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello,

I have a question about how to configure this program or possibly a bug report. What Iā€™m trying to do is have the firewall follow my application rules for UDP inbound and outbound connections to and from other devices on my local area network. Iā€™m using version 12.3.1.8104 and Iā€™m on Windows 11 23H2.

I have the firewall set to use my custom ruleset in the settings. In Manage Networks, whether I click to trust or block the network in question, I canā€™t get the firewall to follow the application rules for my programs. They are always allowed or blocked depending on whether I set the network as trusted or blocked, even if I delete the global allow rules that are created when I set a network to trusted.

Also, even if I delete the network zone Iā€™m on while automatic detection of private networks is disabled, which I thought might mean that the network is neither trusted nor blocked, the applicationā€™s UDP connections are allowed, whether I block them in the application rules or not, even when all the global rules have been deleted.

Iā€™m not experiencing the same issue for TCP connections, just UDP.

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

The solution might be to add those computers as separate network zones:
Network Zones Help

That way you can then set specific rules for those application connecting to those devices within the network. Not something Iā€™ve got much experience with but might be what your after or maybe just custom mac address rules for those computers in the firewall application rules.