Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please share us the steps to reproduce this issue/video of the issue ? so that we will test and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.D.O RT

Hello C.O.M.O.D.O_RT !

Here is the requested information.

I can take a video capture of the screen if necessary, but I don’t know how to transmit it.
Like images or a Cloud sharing location?

there is a very good reason why Comodo didn’t release beta3, and you don’t have to come and check. just let the app checks for updates which is enabled by default.

I’d rather wait for unknown period of time rather than having unstable release according to schedule

Varan-de-C0m0d0 those are loopback (localhost connections) that are required. Unblock them. It’s a (mac) address associated with your local area network.

I said I was out of here. Guess not ? Comodo used to be rock solid. Beta, beta , beta > How 'bout a stable release ? I know things changed after the digital certificate side of Comodo was sold but step it down if that’s what it takes to step it UP. Just saying focus on the core features and then advance forward ? Is Melih even still associated ? Who knows but you people are running one long term Beta testing process. What’s the final release date 2026 ?

Edit: Varan-de-C0m0d0 ARP is non negotiable it’s like the light is on or off. Without it the internet does not work. That’s why there is no need to monitor it. If you want to verify it down load Wire shark and set the filter to ARP.

Regards

I said I was out of here. Guess not ? Comodo used to be rock solid. Beta, beta , beta > How 'bout a stable release ? I know things changed after the digital certificate side of Comodo was sold but step it down if that’s what it takes to step it UP. Just saying focus on the core features and then advance forward ? Is Melih even still associated ? Who knows but you people are running one long term Beta testing process. What’s the final release date 2026

When CIS was ’ split ’ into CIS and the ’ Enterprise ’ version for Itarian it was all exactly the same code base as I had to point out to the team connection problems on the platform with what is now called Xcitium and CIS.

I know it probably has other settings now, but the Xcitium product is getting regular updates and improvements so surely these can be transposed across to CIS so as to keep it more current and compatible with the Windows updates put out and those settings that are only availble to the Itarian portal would not affect private consumers ?

Just my thoughts :thinking:

Yep with all that well said. Melih said CIS was his baby and support it always. Not exact but a close quote. Where you at Melih. Don’t get me wrong very thankful for the people trying to keep it alive. None the less it seems to be a less staffed and under budget team. At one time CIS was the best paid or freeware software on the market. It still is running with an older version of Windows. Default deny is still bullet proof. If your system is compromised from unrecognized software you gave the software rights to system access.

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Kindly share us the video of the issue in any online storage and share us the download link along with the issue summary.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

user9823742
there is a very good reason why Comodo didn’t release beta3, and you don’t have to come and check. just let the app checks for updates which is enabled by default.

I’d rather wait for unknown period of time rather than having unstable release according to schedule

Exactly! I think so too. The beta version does what it’s supposed to do and as mentioned, we don’t know what every user in front of their PC is doing.

@Varan-de-C0m0d0 #301

I had the same problem. But for now I leave the firewall in safe mode and I don’t have any such entries anymore.

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O_RT !

Here is the requested video.

It lasts approximately 5 minutes, because each ARP alarm appears every 1 minute.

Also, because the validation of the blocked process takes a very long time.

There is the possibility of ordering the air quality monitoring device from Amazon on trial for 30 days to carry out your tests yourself if necessary, with an Amazon Prime account.

Hi SAyer !

It is impossible to unblock them individually, because CIS does not allow you to create rules linked to any IP address with the ARP protocol

I hope you have telemetry on the beta version to identify all the problems encountered.

Since yesterday’s big Windows 11 update, when I go to the settings exclusions section, Comodo CIS starts spinning endlessly in the void and the screen turns completely white.
Which didn’t happen before.

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for providing the requested information.
We will check and report this to the dev team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello again,
This evening I encountered the following problem:

1. I created a partition J: “Games” to install the Games there
  2. Apparently, Windows 11 automatically moves not only Games there, but also all Windows Store applications. (Apart from the games, the rest is not of my choice)
  3. Whattsap is therefore found on drive J:
  4. Problem: Comodo CIS does not seem to recognize the Whattsap editor and blocks the application and its connections
  5. Whattsap has been on J: for several weeks and was not blocked until then. Did I think I have a “fake” Whattsap on the PC all of a sudden?
  6. Or did I think that Comodo CIS was not prepared for transferring Windows Store apps to a second partition?
  7. If it comes from the unrecognized publisher certificate or something, this problem must have occurred on all PCs equipped with CIS, right?
  8. Other?

I don’t want to validate blindly, even because there is a name similarity. Personally, I know how to get out of this situation, but I don’t know why the blockage occurred and if it’s specific to the beta version, that’s why I’m talking about it.

To go further, (and I find that this absolutely should be the case), is it possible that if CIS blocks an application because it does not identify it or does not yet evaluate it as it necessary, is it possible that once it is done, for example the next day, he removes it himself from the blocked applications, where he would have put it unnecessarily the day before?

My pleasure. If we took the beta version, it’s to help :slightly_smiling_face:

(You asked me for more screenshots at the start of the beta earlier.
But, some guys had come to set me on fire and forced denial by constantly repeating that everything was fine. I then left for a while. I think it’s stupid to do a beta and prevent people from reporting bugs. Even more so when it comes from the top from within :wink: )

At 10:48, Comodo CIS blocks the installation of official DivX setup 10.10.0.0.

The problem is that it doesn’t mention that it specifically blocks this installation, but instead says “Windows Operating System” instead of “DivX setup”.

This, both in “Blocked applications” and also in the firewall.

FYI, Comodo CIS is alone on the PC today, and DivX setup is reported positive by some competitive antiviruses:
VirusTotal 78e2d4420027a-1702288851

The problem, which is becoming a bit recurring, is that I honestly cannot know, unless I take three days to analyze the behavior of each situation, if I can safely unblock an application that is not blocked under its designation of origin, but as an integral part of the system.

Only the exact time allows me to know, in relation to what I was doing, but also because the installation failed, that it is not really a system hang, but that it is a particular piece of software that is affected.

I think this is something that needs to be addressed as a priority.

This is not the first time that on this beta version, something that is not from the system is blocked with the system name. (Since I upgraded to Windows 11 actually).

Thanks to everyone who works on this project and gives their best :slight_smile:

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello Prodex! :vulcan_salute:

Same problem with Amazon’s air quality device?

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O_RT

THANKS !

I don’t know if you noticed, but the blocked IP (45.77.153.162) is that of Comodo…