Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

Looking at the few Beta 2 test results above and compared to the previous Beta 1 results…
How many developers are assigned to the CIS project, one and a half?
In this development pace a final CIS 2024 won’t be ready end 2024, it will never be ready…
It’s about time for a new Beta 3 release…

3 Likes

Test July-August 2023 - Comodo Internet Security Premium 12.3.0.8088 Beta 2024.

You can make Xcitium Client Security like a Symantec Endpoint Protection. Unmanaged client, free with restrictions.

Strange, it’s not the case for me (version Beta 2).

Thank you for confirming. My scenario was not likely given your report but I wanted to make sure.

Thank you for rephrasing. I am understanding it now. I have never used the configuration like this. I always import a configuration under a different name, COMODO - My Proactive Security, and will then have to activate the imported configuration.

My ‘intuitive’ understanding is that CIS will replace the active configuration with the imported configuration. It is why I import it under a different name.

There is a point to make to give the user a warning that the current and default configuration is to be overwritten and suggest to import it under a different name

You could post this as a wish Wishlist - CIS following the Required Wish Format.

1 Like

It makes for an interesting wish. Please consider posting it in Wishlist - CIS following the Required Wish Format.

As you know, such actions is pointless…
Never seen any Wish implemented over almost a decade or so, let alone there’s any feedback on it from Staff.
Same goes for the Bug List.

I think that’s the reason. I of course assumed this was how it was done. I use descriptive names like “which statements,” “what I did,” “what rule,” etc. are included.

Frustrating as that is we do keep our house in order. It’s a service to the community at large.

1 Like

When they fix running a quick and full scan from “old” topics, is it really that difficult to do? In general, beta 2 works stably.

Thanks for the advice…But, of course, I import under another name.

I do not touch or go near the 3 original names

This is what I do too…

Thank you PRODEX and Citizen_K…

Yes…strange…

Do you also have requests to be in administrator mode to perform certain actions?

(load a personal config and load the complete database)

It didn’t exist for me before…

Installed latest beta. So far running smoothly. There was a small update and we’ll just see how it goes with general usability tests.

That’s a good example why I think there are posted some issues which are only issues for a special PC but not for me or for all. Therefore you should add that those issues are issues on my PC not necessery issues of the program.

Beta2 runs without any problems on my PC, all functions can be carried out.

The admin elevation that is suddenly needed for loading configs is the clue to something most likely outside CIS that has changed on your system. I only get the administrator privilege requirement when I want KillSwitch to show network traffic.
So far, so good with this 8104 beta, testing continues.

For example protected files or folders or lack of authorization.

Please make the Modern Theme completely dark, many will thank you.

Happy to get back Comodo beta 2, which feels much better and smoother than the previous beta 1

2 Likes