Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

did the update a couple of minutes ago and all doing just fine.

Windows 10 Pro 1909

Old Comodo versions was removed with the custom uninstaller

Every version of CIS installer v12.2.2.7036 (online, offline) hangs at 32% while installing…

Hello wolker,

Thank you for reporting.Please let me know is that the installation is completed or not?
Have a nice day!

Hi Dharshu!,

No, the installer just hang (and looking at the performance monitor) after hitting 32%, all disk I/O (for the installer executable file) stops completely.

The only option is to abort the installation

How long did you wait to give it a chance to finish installation?
It can take a while before it continues the install process even when there is no real disk activity.

I waited up to 30 minutes, i’ll try to give it a bit more time

I forgot to say that after starting the setup, it gives me a warning:

The system is busy with another installation

RETRY, WAIT AND CONTINUE (30s), ABORT

after 30s the popup disappear, it looks like that the setup is waiting for some other process (even if the system was restarted a few seconds earlier)

Maybe your system is being updated or something so it may be that CIS has to wait for the update to finish first.

You can try to wait a bit longer but normally 30 minutes is way too long.
Installation doesn’t take that much time to finish.

I’m sure there are no updates running, (it’s up to date)

And after every setup retry, the warning appear, even after rebooting the machine 10 times

Are there any LOGS for the CIS installer ? I would like to look inside these for any clues

Log files can be found here:

C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\

The log files are 7-zipped and have names like:

cmdinstall.exe_yy-mm-dd_hh.mm.ss.log.7z

Just upgraded from Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64 Build 18363.836 to Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.264. CIS 12.2.2.7036 still working as normal after the last restart. Will report it I see any abnormalities. :viva:

Logs attached

i’m using the offline installer, and these errors looks suspicious

[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\tools\regtools.cpp:590 >> Cannot delete value ‘SOFTWARE\COMODO\CIS\Cam’ - ‘CamEvInstallEnd’: 2
[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\tools\regtools.cpp:590 >> Cannot delete value ‘SOFTWARE\COMODO\CIS\Cam’ - ‘CamEvAutptrialExprd’: 2
[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\tools\regtools.cpp:46 >> Cannot open key ‘SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CmdAgent\CisConfigs’: 2
[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\tools\regtools.cpp:46 >> Cannot open key ‘SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\1’: 2
[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\tools\regtools.cpp:46 >> Cannot open key ‘SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CmdAgent\CisConfigs’: 2
[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\tools\regtools.cpp:46 >> Cannot open key ‘SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\1’: 2

The CmdAgent key doesn’t exists on regedit, the “SOFTWARE\COMODO” key exists, but administrator have full r/w permissions on this

I have numerous “Cannot” errors like these related to “regtools.cpp” in my log files too.
Seems to be normal.

Ok, but I doubt that this is too:

Cant set owner for object (C:\ProgramData\Comodo Downloader\cis\download\installs\xml_binaries\trustconnect\comodotrustconnectclient.msi): 0 → (got many of these)

[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\apps\cisapplication.cpp:981 >> CIS installed: 0
[13020] 9:20:52 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\ui\waitmsiappdlg.cpp:15 >> Start waiting for other MSI installation finished
[13020] 9:20:53 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\network\usagestatistics.cpp:179 >> Failed to send telemetry 80072ee2
SCITER 9:20:54 >> id(btnWait), type(), action(), cmd(0: button), reason(1) → the famous warning popup

I have many of these “Cant set owner for object” errors too. Seems to be also normal.

But the following flow is different from yours:

[4612] 17:14:29 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\apps\cisapplication.cpp:981 >> CIS installed: 0
[4612] 17:14:29 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\ui\wizards\install\flow\installflow_installation.cpp:128 >> Start installing COMODO Internet Security
… logging continues
… logging continues

Edit:

Note:
Above logs were generated by the offline installer (with component option Firewall only) and performing a fresh install of CIS (so no upgrade or install on top of another CIS version).

Still getting the online installer/definition download errors here in the central US. An offline install of CIS premium 12.2.2.7036 completed the install fine, but can’t grab the AV database. I purchased CIS Pro last night and the online installer throws “failed to initialize the installer”, “content decoding has failed”. Is there an offline installer for that product? A link to the current definitions that I can try to see if they will download for import?

Thanks. And I just got a reply from my ticket for the download URL change and I’m pulling updates for the Premium install now. Doubt it will help too much with the Pro online installer but maybe I can spoof something up with hosts entries to redirect to the (presumably temporary) URL for that part of things.

Doubt it will help too much with the Pro online installer but maybe I can spoof something up with hosts entries to redirect to the (presumably temporary) URL for that part of things.

Thats horrible. Sorry you have that issue. I guarantee that’s NOT normal. I assume you dont have the cis beta ip address in the host file, if you do then remove the beta address.

If you want I can download it for you as i dont have that issue and put it in a zip or rar5 file for you. I can upload it to a cloud for you? Through Gmail drive, Mega.nz, or some other place, if you have preference.
If you want to go that route let me know which installer (online) or (offline) you would like and ill get for you

Dont know if relevant.

There are 2 PC’s at home in the same network.

the first.
windows 10 1909 18363.836
comodo internet security 12.0.0.6882
this pc can update av database without any problem

the second.
windows 10 1909 18363.836
comodo internet security 12.2.2.7036 (updated from 12.0.0.6882 manually with online installer)
this pc cant update the av database with the “Content decoding has failed” error.

I have the same problem !

Hello all,

Regarding CIS updating issue : As per team the issue has been solved.Before checking please restart the system and recheck the issue & confirm the fixes.
Have a nice day!