Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

Hello wolker,

Please let me know,Are you still facing the issue ?
Have a nice day!

What about the issue cuyo01 and me are facing ?

Maybe Dharshu is referring to that as well.

After several restores from backups and attempts to update windows to the 2004 version (because I forced the update despite the errors I made the system corrupted) I found that it was this program that created the BSODs that made it impossible to update and even after reinstalling it now that I have updated windows if I activate the auto containment feature there are problems with windows update and freeze (deactivating it after a few minutes windows resumes and displays the frozen screens)

You really should make a bug report if you believe CIS is causing issues and provide memory dumps so they can investigate it. I and many others had no issue upgrading to Windows 2004 with CIS installed. Sounds to me you are not using this latest CIS version or you have issues with the file rating of Windows applications.

its working on my end again, thanks.

Hello prallo,

The issue has been fixed and forgot to mention both of them.
Have a nice day!

Hello cuyo01,

Sounds good,Thank you for your response :-TU.
Have a nice day!

Hello Werve,

Thank you for reporting.Please let me know your CIS version and did you found any crash dumps in your CIS folder?
Have a nice day!

It´s working here again too !
Thanks for the quick fix !

Sounds good.Thank you :).

Hello,
as mentioned because of the different attempts to update and repair damaged system files I made several restore cycles from backup (entire disk) so I may no longer have BSOD dumps.
I have attached a few minidumps that might have been saved during one of those events.
The version that was installed is the same that I reinstalled now with windows version 2004, which is 12.2.2.7036. Before I uninstalled it to properly upgrade windows I remember that I had installed a previous version but through the update checker it didn’t show a new version and so I forced the upgrade by downloading it from your site.

How can I check if there are dumps in the CIS folder?

Regarding the auto containment function the described problem still occurs now if I reactivate it.

EDIT: It seems like i can upload here only up to 1550 KB not 15500 KB as is wrote

@ Dharshu, I found two crash logs of cavwp.exe on Windows 10 1809 (17763.12.17). They are dated June 5 with the same time stamp. Their respective names are cavwp.exe.5348.dmp and cavwp.exe(1).5348.dmp.

I have sent a download link by pm as usual.

The dump files can be found in the C:\ProgramData\Comodo\CisDumps folder.

This folder is hidden by default and you need to change Explorer’s Folder settings to be able to see this and other folders. This tutorial describes how to make hidden files and folders visible : How to Show Hidden Files in Windows 10 - Technipages .

So no, there are no dumps here (or no more) but i think that the dump is created there only when the application crashed instead to me happened BSOD of windows when I was trying to update

Why is my Comodo installation stuck at 12.0.0.6882? Am I supposed to update the program itself manually?

Automatic update should normally work, but there could be an issue with it at the moment.

You can always choose to update manually. Just run the offline installer and install into the same directory as the previous version.
Make sure to export your Configuration and File List first and then, after installing the newer version, import those in the newer version.

Comodo still has not released the latest build to the program updater. To be honest it is about time they did.

You either have to wait or when you don’t want to wait install this build yourself.

I agree. It’s been 57 days since they released 7036. Sure, there’s been a global pandemic during that period, but it’s starting to feel like the next version will be released before this one gets rolled out through the auto-updater.

Hello EricJH,

Yes I got your dumps and I have forwarded to my CIS team for further analysis.
Have a nice day!