Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

There are numerous reported instances of similar issues, with McAfee, AVG, Avast, BitDefender, Panda, Webroot, Norton, ESET etc. plus Microsoft’s own Defender Forum dedicated to these

You have made this point numerous times . . . and you know it is being looked into. Please do not keep repeating this same issue over and over again

Just for report visual bug
for Win10 users experiencing WSC problem
it works like expected

Absolute Support and repeat but at the step to enter antivirusproduct type firewallprodcut. Should be done when CIS is not installed so you don’t delete the one that is supposed to be there. You might have to delete some values in the registry as well.

On this system, I used the delete GUID from Powershell and it worked fine. Only had CCAV to delete and never had any real WSC problems, but thought I’d see what was there - thanks :slight_smile:

No problems with Windows 10. Use it very often every day.
But I’m not the most patient person for tests.

Thanks. That’s an interesting article. :-TU

What registry keys may need to be deleted? Do you know by the top of your head or is a search with GUID mandated?

How do you delete the GUID using Powershell?

Seemingly we are all using Version 12.2.2.7036_Beta

You can’t delete the keys itself but you can remove the values within the key that are found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Provider\Av and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Provider\Fw

Comodo be honest to your users!
In contrast to the very first post of this thread and the release notes of V12.x, was V12.2.2.7036 ever officially released?

This is an official release. It has not been pushed yet to the program updater but that is normal practice with releases of CIS.

Hmm, does it take 1 month to push it to the updater?
Hard to believe.

Yes it does :slight_smile:

They have to test how it updates on different systems.

I would rather they wait 2 months than release something they have to stop has soon as they start, because of numerous problems with the update.

Dennis

Yeah, system freezing and now crashing thanks to new version.

Time to go back to 6882.

BTW, still getting this in event log:

DCOM got error “1068” attempting to start the service cdpsvc with arguments “Unavailable” in order to run the server:
{F94358B1-E9AE-4D5C-AF66-CE50E67803C7}

I was getting it with 6882 as well, but unlike versions that came after, system didn’t freeze and crash.

You may want to check the info from these regarding this error:

https://www.codetd.com/en/article/7073047

And how do you know it is CIS issue? Do you have crash memory dumps from CISDumps folder and if so you need to share them so they can analyze it.

BTW, still getting this in event log:

DCOM got error “1068” attempting to start the service cdpsvc with arguments “Unavailable” in order to run the server:
{F94358B1-E9AE-4D5C-AF66-CE50E67803C7}

I was getting it with 6882 as well, but unlike versions that came after, system didn’t freeze and crash.

Has nothing to do with CIS I’m not sure how you correlate those errors with CIS.

Because there isn’t duplicate entries for older version of those security software, it is a Windows issue if it can’t use the correct information regarding the security software state. Also if you do a reformat install of Windows and install CIS, you won’t get this issue as it will properly integrate with the security center and security center will correctly report the status of CIS.

Comodo usually first releases a new build to the forums before bringing it to the wider audience. This is in effect an extra test step for Comodo.

I have installed this version, Clean install, CFW only, Proactive config, Auto-containment disabled. I have disabled Windows Defender & Windows Firewall in Group Policy.

Everything looks fine & seems to be working fine. I just thought to run the diagnostics & it detected errors that it cannot automatically fix.

Any info? Is the diagnostics buggy?

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1909, Build 18363.778

known problem
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/author-topic-comodo-internet-security-2020-v12227036-rc-is-now-available-t125514.0.html;msg897138#msg897138