Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.1.6950 Beta 2 is now available for download

You’ve added these addresses to your hosts:

Already did that. The download fails because it’s too slow.

Did you fill it in “proxy and host settings”, too (only the DNS 178.xxxx).

On the other hand, download is working, but too slow. What about your internet connection (speedtest)? Do you use wireless connection a.s.o.?

When you download the offline installer of the latest version (6914) or updates for the AV are they slow also? It looks like we may be looking at an issue with Americas branch of the CDN.

Hi DrAlrek,

Thank you for your reporting.We will check this issue.

Best Regards,
PD

Installed latest beta (and rest what’s comes in) to Win 10 (1909 and no Comodo’s progs on it before) on vm and seems to be working just fine even with Chrome portable (besides recognizer and prog updstes) and ofc diagnostics says something is broken.

comodo related downloads are really slow for me, everything else I use is working fine.

Users tests install version stable :smiley:

Hello DrAlrek,

Could you please re-check the issue now. If it persist’s in the same condition in the sense let us know the below mentioned details.

1. Please download this link here.check the approximate timing to download and after installation of the CIS check the timing to update.
  2. If you still got any failed message during download don’t forget to enclose the Screenshots.

Kind Regards,
PD

Downloading the installer is really slow. <50 kb/s, but toward the end of the download it speed up a little. The installer crashed on the first install attempt…The download speed of the installer is still really slow.

okay! I’ve made three attempts to update the virus database and it just won’t finish. The download speed of the database is faster than it was, but it self-terminates after downloading a little under 200 MB of the database.

Made another attempt to download the virus database. Waited over 2 hours for the “base” to download a measly 200 and something MB just for a thing to come up saying it needed to download another “base” worth about 400 and something MB.

■■■■■ that. Let me know when your servers are fixed and I might think about trying to use the antivirus component again.

Is that okay?
I have installed 6950 once again, but I haven’t received any updates for 7 days, everything is up to date," cis says after updating.
Therefore I don’t feel really protected.
I downloaded the database, but when I it to integrate cis reports there is false versions number or so. Dowload site:

Hi DrAlrek,

Will you please re-check it.If it persists in the same condition in the sense don’t hesitate to ping us.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hi prodex,

Could you please re-check it.It’s working fine in our environment and still you are facing in the sense kindly enclose the screenshot of your false version number.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hardware Acceleration is not working when running Google Chrome 79.0.3945.88 in Comodo Container. Error logs in “chrome://gpu” while playing youtube video encoded in vp9.

Log Messages:
[5728:5600:0105/204945.081:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] : Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 1359
[5728:5600:0105/204945.081:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] : Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 636

Thank you for your answer. But as @EricJH once wrote: But as Eric once wrote: "Beta versions are not for the faint of heart, my nerves are getting weaker, there are several things, nothing dramatic and I always managed to do them, it’s just beta.

Unfortunately, really unfortunately, I have to rely on those who have the stronger nerves now and I’m really grateful to them and work and do need and I really need a longer break now and already switched to 6882. Please, do apoligize me, I really need a reliable running PC for the next couple of weeks and.

Did you revert the changes you made to the Comodo servers? To be able to update the AV database CIS needs to be set to use the default servers. The AV database does not get mirrored to the beta server.

You are still protected by the Comodo cloud which has av definitions before the local av database does.

Yes, I did. As it’s not so labor-intensive to use 6950 again (backup), I will try it tomorrow again to answer Dharsu’s questions, too.

You are still protected by the Comodo cloud which has av definitions before the local av database does.

Good to know, I wasn’t thinking of that.

I uninstalled CIS completely and tried to install CFW. I’ve made four attempts to install it, the download just keeps failing because it’s too slow.

I tired to download it without my VPN too, the download didn’t even start that time.